Pet names

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our current dog is named Tucker. He is a miniature poodle, and a very well behaved dog. Barks more than I would like. He barks at dogs on TV. Very odd, The only one we have ever had that does that.

We have had a Toby, two Suzies, a Vinnie, a Patty, a Sassy, a Murphy, a Kirby. I can't remember the rest there have been so many. I think my favorite was Chili; full name Chili Dog. Runner up goes to a friend's dog who was Jake. Full name, and he got called this a lot, especially when he was in trouble. was Jake U. A$$hxxE.

Our current dog is named Tucker. He is a miniature poodle, and a very well behaved dog. Barks more than I would like. He barks at dogs on TV. Very odd, The only one we have ever had that does that.

We have had a Toby, two Suzies, a Vinnie, a Patty, a Sassy, a Murphy, a Kirby. I can't remember the rest there have been so many. I think my favorite was Chili; full name Chili Dog. Runner up goes to a friend's dog who was Jake. Full name, and he got called this a lot, especially when he was in trouble. was Jake U. A$$hxxE.
Zeus will watch TV sometimes. And most times will bark at animals, dogs in particular.

We had a Carrie, a Jessie, a Boston. As I think about it a few more come back to me.

Our last dog was named Angus Gustav or Gus Gus. He was a English chocolate lab and his parents were from Scotland. When he was young he would drink beer with me out on the front porch. He quit drinking at 2 years old, but would still fetch the beer for me.
We have the name picked out for our next puppy; Jake. Another English chocolate lab.

Zeus will watch TV sometimes. And most times will bark at animals, dogs in particular.
My son's pit bull will sit in front of the TV and just stare at it if you pause a show. If the program is running she never pays attention but pause it and she just stares.
Her name is Cuda and she's an 85 pound cuddly lap dog. Their kittten rules the house and keeps Cuda controlled.

When I was little, my family had a beagle named Tarzan, one named Uncle Joe before that. A hound dog named Skippy. Later I had a poodle named Chris, black lab I named Patty, black cat named Charlie, tabby named Abner. I had pet mice when I was a kid. Son named his hamster Cosmos. Henry our cockatiel; Sunny and Violet, the lovebirds; and Echo the parakeet. We had guinea pigs but I only remember Sally's name. I taught Henry and Echo to talk. Phoebe and Esther are the current residents. I didn't name those two.

Mom's dog, Sable, barks at dogs on TV. When I go up and pet the TV dogs she starts whining.

Our two black cats are Miyako (Japanese, Beautiful, night) and Zuri (Swahili, 'beautiful' and 'good'.)

1643075062183.png

Zuri is on the left , and was born in our carport, her mom (Penelope) picked a good spot to give birth. Penelope had 4 kittens, we adopted Mom and 2 kits, and 2 kits went to another loving home.

The Stinky twins look like your cats, Dademoss.
They're not really stinky, actually they're sweet. The minute I'm out the front door, they come running. They love to do the whole "feed the animals" thing with me. I have to stop every once in a while and pick them up and hug on them. They're at the age where they just dart out from nowhere, and run up trees. They crack me up. The Stinkys were born almost a mile from here at another farm. Mom somehow toted 4 of the kittens to our basement, and there they were one morning. Two of the kittens didn't make it. They're buried near Old Man Cat, Raisin out by the phone shack.

Have not named the two black kittens, and they are getting big. I call their mom, mama kitty. I usually call the kitties Stinky one and Stinky two, (or here come the Stinkies) but they're hard to tell apart still.
My daughter had 2 black kittens we couldn't tell apart so she named them Hannah-Gretchen. That way, you always got the name right.

My dog Leon is at the vet today. The cut on his foot has to be reworked because be jumped and it broke open the wound. It is a deep wound. The glass was embedded deeply. Maybe some broke off. He will be there all day.

He broke a new cable leash (3rd) and ran off and came back hobbled. Looked like we butchered a hog in the floor there was so much blood.

My dog Leon is at the vet today. The cut on his foot has to be reworked because be jumped and it broke open the wound. It is a deep wound. The glass was embedded deeply. Maybe some broke off. He will be there all day.

He broke a new cable leash (3rd) and ran off and came back hobbled. Looked like we butchered a hog in the floor there was so much blood.
I had a Doberman who did that too. Apparently he had cut his foot on some ice, way up in between the pads. It looked like the Texas chainsaw massacre out in the snow. Of course then he came straight up the front steps, in the door, and right across the tan carpet into his dog bed. I went through a lot of Oxi-Clean by the time I got that mess cleaned up...

A close friend and K-9 handler was given a beautiful black German Shepherd, imported from Germany, to help patrol the streets in a neighboring city. The dogs name was "Niger", with the emphasis on the "I". It didn;t take long for the city to change his name, which confused this 4 year old dog.

Our two black cats are Miyako (Japanese, Beautiful, night) and Zuri (Swahili, 'beautiful' and 'good'.)

View attachment 79093

Zuri is on the left , and was born in our carport, her mom (Penelope) picked a good spot to give birth. Penelope had 4 kittens, we adopted Mom and 2 kits, and 2 kits went to another loving home.
We had a black cat named Coco. My wife swore he was brown because she wasn't fond of black cats.

We had a black cat named Coco. My wife swore he was brown because she wasn't fond of black cats.
Long ago, Lori took our black cat, Bagheera, to a cat show, House cat category. One of the judges wouldn't get near him because we a black cat. He got 3rd best cat of show :)

Sometimes, a person with a certain type of ADD has a hard time making decisions. This was my daughter with her first dog. Dog had been here for months and I just started to call her Pooch or Poochie. That name stuck.

I saw an English bulldog today that I had not seen in a few years. I didn't even realize that I knew the dog from before until the owner said it's name: Whitey, short for Whitely Bolger. I knew the dog then!

Latest posts

Back