Pet Peeves !........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ALL fuel, weather it be Gasoline, Diesel, Kerosene, or LP, even coal is a fuel...... There I go showing my mechanic again, sorry !.......................

Fuel for the motor............right? :stir pot:

Fuel for the motor............right? :stir pot:

Yeap !...............Electricity is fuel for a motor !.................

A fuel is any material that can be made to react with other substances so that it releases chemical or nuclear energy as heat or to be used for work.

Fuels are contrasted with other substances or devices storing potential energy, such as those that directly release electrical energy (such as batteries and capacitors) or mechanical energy (such as flywheels, springs, compressed air, or water in a reservoir).

One of mine is people who believe that movies show anything realistic pertaining to guns, how guns work, and the things that can and can not be done with a gun.
Like for instance in a movie (or on TV) when the good guy (or bad guy) enters a room with his Glock at the ready, sees the bad guy and you hear the sound effect of a hammer being pulled back or a round being chambered. Love it.

How many here read their magazine before putting it into their gun? Yep gotta shake my head and LOL when talking about clips versus magazines.
If I was asked to throw guy a magazine and I threw him a Playboy would he shoot me before or after he read it?

And these are the same people who leave their cart in an empty stall in the parking lot...when the cart corral is the next stall away.

I read somewhere that a successful person will not do that. I wonder if a study was ever done on percentage of empty slot leavers - lib/con ?

I tend to think that people that act that way with their shopping carts probably drive the same way.

I've had people run up on me almost hitting the back of my ankles with the cart. I usually ask them if they drive the same way.

One lady got all huffy and started stomping off, I asked her if she was gonna blow her horn and give me the finger.

My Wife says I'm bad. :oops:

I just ask if they got their drivers license where they/we are shopping.

Ohhhhh, that's great. Maybe next time I'll get lucky and be by the Cracker Jacks, I can hold one up and ask them if that's where they got their license..

Thanks for the idea Roger.

@Curmudgeon I bet she had her purse sitting in the buggy too. That is SO stupid.

Most women I see in the store do, and open at that! And no, I don't shop at Walmart. :D

I actually had to go back to a parking lot because the woman with me left her purse in the cart. She was lucky that some woman saw it and left her phone number at the service desk for her to call and get it back. This same woman leaves her car keys on the car floor when it's in her driveway. Yep you guessed it, she had one time locked the doors with the keys inside. I carry a spare key for her car now. You just can't tell people they are stupid. Well you can but it falls in that empty place between their ears that also has a flare gun in it.

You are behind a few people as you enter a store and they no sooner enter and they stand there for a group chat. And we often wonder if people notice we are carrying?

How about when you get back to your car in the parking lot you can't open your driver door because some azzwipe parked so close to your car? A friend carried a ball peen hammer just for those people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to think that people that act that way with their shopping carts probably drive the same way.

I've had people run up on me almost hitting the back of my ankles with the cart. I usually ask them if they drive the same way.

One lady got all huffy and started stomping off, I asked her if she was gonna blow her horn and give me the finger.

My Wife says I'm bad. :oops:
That's just funnier than hell. Thanks for that. :wink:

How about when you get back to your car in the parking lot you can't open your driver door because some azzwipe parked so close to your car? A friend carried a ball peen hammer just for those people.

I hate it that some will park crooked, take two spaces, or even park crossways across three spaces. I once had a stack of papers that were made up to look like a parking ticket. I would put one under the windshield wiper of such a parked car. I can't remember the exact words on it but remarked on their parking abilities and ended with the words " may the fleas of 1000 camel's infest your armpits".

I need to find some more of those.

Had a guy at work yesterday ask me where he could find the best deal on some clips for his newly purchased AR. Told him i had a couple he could have. Felt no need to correct him because I understood exactly what he was talking about.

My biggest pet peeve is people who drive slow in the left (fast) lane on the highway.
Far and away, a 'no-brainer' (pun) as my choice!
I think it should be legal to shoot their back tires, but still illegal to flip them off as you 'motor by' (or is it 'engine by').:D

When I'm on a news website and click on an article to read and have to keep clicking on "Read more" or "Next page". Then wait for the ads to load before the article or part thereof.

This is getting totally out of hand: the use of the moronic phrase "Make Sure".
It's the only way you can tell someone to do something (sometimes impossible) with absolutely no hint of how to do it.
Maybe I'm just getting old:rolleyes:.
"Tom, you need to make sure it doesn't rain tomorrow".
What's he supposed to do? Put up an umbrella half the size of the Earth:bang Head:.
"You need to make sure you keep them happy".
What? Put LSD in all of their drinks?

Every time that phrase is used, someone is usually saying something totally moronic:eatagun:.
"We need to make sure the government doesn't run a deficit".:ROLF:
It's gotten to be like fingernails on a blackboard every time I hear it.:surrender:
(please make sure I never hear it again, OK?:wait:)

I'll try to Make Sure...

:rolleyes:

The door from the house to the garage is standing open about an inch so the house air conditioning is also trying to eliminate the heat in the garage. The kitchen ceiling flood lights are on (wife is afraid of shadows). The kitchen TV is on. Wife is no where to be seen. I shut the door, turn off the lights and TV and head upstairs to change out of my work clothes. 10 minutes later I'm sitting in the living room reading when the wife comes up from the basement to yell, "Why did you turn off the TV! I was watching it!"

The ultimate clip vs. magazine debacle
Although they are indeed different, we grew up using clip and magazine as interchangeable terms.everyone knew what we meant, no one got their knickers in a knot over it. I’ve loaded my firearms via clip and by magazine, depending on the “gun”. There is another term that makes people crazy. This is my rifle this is my gun, on is for shooting the other for fun was the mantra in basic.

Is it a rifle, a shotgun, a handgun, a long gun, a pistol,a revolver, a machine gun, a semi auto, a firearm or a weapon, or something else?

Fun with words and their range of semantic meaning. Does it matter if the terminology is precise? At times, and at others time no.

Circular logic.

Wife has a eye infection that reoccurs every few years. She shows me her red eye and tells me she's calling the Doctor in the morning. Then she tells me that she has prescription eye drops that were used to treated it last time. Actually she has three vials with different expectation dates. The most current expired two years ago.

I ask why she has kept expired medicine instead of disposing of it. She said the Doctor told her it would be OK to keep it. Then I suggest since the Doctor said OK to keep it then use the newest to hopefully keep the infection in check until she can see the Doctor. No the wife doesn't want to use it because it has expired.

So why are you keeping three vials of expired medicine if you have no intention of ever using it? Because the Doctor said she could keep it...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back