Philosophical Ideas From Famous People

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Sometimes I will listen to people talk on subjects who I agree with and sometimes those with whom I don't agree with at all.
Always room for improvement so I'm trying now to work on my short comings especially in relaying my message.

I just came by this guy today so not sure what I think yet, but so far he at at the part I'm understanding, So I'll watch along with anyone els who may be interested.

I'm on 22:00 into video. It also has closed caption for the hearing impaired.

36:00 into video is about universities, good take on that one ,imo. His reply is kinda funny too.

Lindsay Shepherd " I'm no longer a leftest.

https://youtu.be/ofmuCXRMoSA

Last edited:
Jordan Peterson is outstanding - very eloquent, very fair, very intelligent, and very analytical. That's what drives his critics nuts.

I agree about Jordan Peterson. I have watched about all the lectures, debates and interviews that are posted. He puts a lot of thought into the words he chooses to say. That makes him a very good debater. They cannot twist what they think he said as he is quick to correct them as to exactly what he said. I like to watch him formulate his thoughts before speaking.

There are a number of debates on YT, all are worth watching. Did you know the story about how he came to be on YT and started getting all his publicity? If not, I will summarize.

In 2016 Canada passed a law making it mandatory to use the preferred pronoun of transsexual individuals or face fines and/or incarceration. He states this is a threshold he will not cross. The Government cannot mandate speech, or mandate certain words be used. He is not fighting transsexuals or their right to use any pronoun they wish. He is adamantly against the Government stepping in to govern how they should speak.

Of course this makes him a Nazi in the press. They try and say he is against Transsexuals and racist. He states that is not what he is protesting.

There are several great discussions and lectures on his thoughts about Gender though. To me his best debates argue about the balance of radical left versus radical right “Right Wingers”. He believes we are going into very dangerous territory with what the SWJ are up to, very dangerous.

Just finished the Jordan Peterson Aspen discussion posted by Meerkat above. Gives a great overall view of his philosophies and way he analyzes things. Thank you for posting, it was one I had not seen yet.

Just finished the Jordan Peterson Aspen discussion posted by Meerkat above. Gives a great overall view of his philosophies and way he analyzes things. Thank you for posting, it was one I had not seen yet.

Too bad he is not allowed to speak at our universities, the lunatics would probably stone him.

Latest posts

Back