Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Ruger Single Six

It's a Heritage single action, he got it for Christmas. I was a little skeptical about it when I bought it, I think it was $160 and came with a 22 mag cylinder also. The kid shot a brick of 22 through it on Christmas day alone and another brick since then. I had to work on the sights a little but other than that it was a nice little plinker for the money!

IMG-20200110-WA0006.jpg

Gilbert's Cove, Nova Scotia

Go ahead ....deny that you would...
View attachment 33783
Jim

I will deny it. Last time I ate those (as a kid) I puked my guts out. Never touch them or potted meat again.....well short of NOTHING else to eat. Plus I used to work in a packing company. I won't even go into that for the sake of the board.

I will deny it. Last time I ate those (as a kid) I puked my guts out.
I had the exact same experience. In third grade. My mom packed me a lunch including a Vienna Sausage sandwich (that would be considered child abuse these days!) In reality, it was probably the mayonnaise that went bad and made me sick, but I still haven't touched one of those Vienna things since. The texture of them - some kind of crossbreeding between a sponge and Jello - and the taste - dogfood? - yeuch! I better stop thinking about this now, or I'll puke again.

Whew! Yep don't like thinking about that at all.

Funny story, A bunch of us from church went backpacking once. One of the guys came into camp by himself and late in the day. We assumed he had decided not to bother. He walked in with a tiny pack, tent under one arm and bed roll (open cell egg crate) under the other. We were all rolling when we saw that. Anyway we all fixed our meal and set around the fire till everyone drifted off to sleep. Next morning we got up and stoked the fire back up and started fixing something for breakfast. The late arriver got up and popped the top on a can of vienna sausages and started sluping them down cold, grease coating and all. We were begging him to at least heat them up so the grease would slide off. YUK, that was just nasty. The rest of us were about to puke after watching that.

I had the exact same experience. In third grade. My mom packed me a lunch including a Vienna Sausage sandwich (that would be considered child abuse these days!) In reality, it was probably the mayonnaise that went bad and made me sick, but I still haven't touched one of those Vienna things since. The texture of them - some kind of crossbreeding between a sponge and Jello - and the taste - dogfood? - yeuch! I better stop thinking about this now, or I'll puke again.

WIMP !!

Whew! Yep don't like thinking about that at all.

Funny story, A bunch of us from church went backpacking once. One of the guys came into camp by himself and late in the day. We assumed he had decided not to bother. He walked in with a tiny pack, tent under one arm and bed roll (open cell egg crate) under the other. We were all rolling when we saw that. Anyway we all fixed our meal and set around the fire till everyone drifted off to sleep. Next morning we got up and stoked the fire back up and started fixing something for breakfast. The late arriver got up and popped the top on a can of vienna sausages and started sluping them down cold, grease coating and all. We were begging him to at least heat them up so the grease would slide off. YUK, that was just nasty. The rest of us were about to puke after watching that.

WIMP!!

What(pun) wiennies..

:barf:

:LOL:

Jim

Back