Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's a house boat.

boat.PNG

Had two antelope come into the yard this morning. They looked scared and something must have run them quite a ways because this is the first time I saw them on our property. Usually they are several miles away. Likely wolves were after them.

5-17-1.JPG

They can turn on a dime and give change back,
5-17-2.JPG

5-17-3.JPG

?????
Do tell

Yep,
When we killed hogs every fall, we always rendered down the hogs fat to make buckets of LARD.

The skins that was left over after the fat was cooked away , depending on how it was cut up , was called pig skin rinds or cracklin's.

Those above would be pig skin rinds.

Good stuff , fresh outta the black kettle.

Jim

Photo , Our Grand daughter Cindy took a few year back on vacation in Canada.
View attachment 42439

Our grandauhter at 3 on boat with her papa and then at 32 with her Papa . She sent us a copy;s she put together bottom says " I love My Papa". She is a great artist. She is the one I had with me peddling shrimp in my old van.That kid could get em on the scale,weighed and put in bag quick. She wasn't even 3 when she first started helping me, but she was big for her age,now is 6'.

1589774213060.png

Yep,
When we killed hogs every fall, we always rendered down the hogs fat to make buckets of LARD.

The skins that was left over after the fat was cooked away , depending on how it was cut up , was called pig skin rinds or cracklin's.

Those above would be pig skin rinds.

Good stuff , fresh outta the black kettle.

Jim
I thought it was streakalean or what we called fatback.

Kids do have an effect on us,this is her yesterday with her son who is growing like a weed 6'3" jusst had B=day 15 and full teenager! But he lives in the city now and not liking it at all.Wanting Learning licenses.Played basball since 5yr old now bored.
1589826079077.png

5 years ago before all the grandkids and his hair went fro mcurly to very curly in puberty.Usually we lose curl but he gained it.

1589826528514.png

Last edited:
I would warn him again the next time he bites, right in front of the girls. Tell him to look at the bite he inflicted, and tell him right in front of the girls that they will absolutely bite him back if he does it again. They will. And he might try each of them out, too.

Amish I'll relay that to her this morning 'if she can hear me 'lo.

Edited and I moved it to 'rant'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back