Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friends baby
Screenshot_20200916-131439.png

Her name is Bella

Jim

1600790350961.png

A friendly reminder and warning for those of you with kids and dogs - It is September and the start of football season, but it is also the time of year when copperheads are born.
The baby snakes are born with venom and ready to defend themselves. The mama snake generally gives birth to about 8 - 10 of these critters, so if you find one there are others around. The babies will keep those greenish/yellow tips on their tails for about a year. These snakes are not generally aggressive but will bite if you are unfortunate enough to touch or step on one. Do not reach under bushes, around rocks, or even flower pots without looking first. They like damp places so beware, even under children's toys and dog dishes!
Photo credit goes to the Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services, LLC.

9-23-2020
This is one that one of my old friends put up on fb, in my hometown, SC.

1600872786544.png

Last edited:
Our son and new great grandbaby born today Sept.22,2020 so many being botn no this one is #9 for him.

1600802246480.png

When he was in the Navy and his son the daddy of this kid was not much older then the baby above. 2003 mine sweeping in the waters of Iraq.
1600805754044.png

Last edited:
A good friend of my daughter's, is in California fighting fires and shared this photo from the redwoods.
He is a friend of mine as well. I walked his English bulldog a couple times a week while it was still alive. Dog was 9 years old, and sedated to have it's teeth cleaned and never woke up. This guy is affectionately known to us as GI Joe. He wanted to be career army, but has one eye that turns in, so he is in the reserves and has been in Iraq and Afghanistan.
GI Joe, firefighter.JPG

Prayer march on the national mall today...

View attachment 50936
WOW! That is a LOT of christian voters!
I think the "ban assembly at churches" politicians are in for some hellfire. (We'll take the 'damnation').
That crowd dwarfs the 'burn and loot' crowds they have been bowing to
bow.gif

Last edited:
I haven't shot mine in a few years. Will be taking it to the range this week to confirm POI relative to POA, and that I can still hit things with its open sights. The situation our country is devolving into is exactly the situation where you might need one of these. The government has been trying to ban them all these years, I assume because they want to take advantage of situations like we are heading towards to exert more control and gain more power. They failed, the second amendment held, and now their dreams of additional gun control are pretty much kaput. That is one thing that BLM and Antifa helped accomplish - everybody now realizes that you're on your own to protect yourself. The government is perfectly happy to let rioters destroy your stuff, loot it, burn it to the ground. Liberal dreams of more gun control are history. Well, they can still dream...

Latest posts

Back