Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem Tom Bodett has gotten grumpy in his old age… hates noisy neighbors. Only one person may stay overnight now.

This was my favorite cheap hotel in the big city last night, thought this was funny as heck. The sign was frozen like this, not scrolling.

View attachment 59075
He did leave the light on.

At first glance a running man.
Second look a Labradoodle.

A pretty fountain in Branson today.

fountain.jpg
tod

THIS IS REAL ..... this brightly-colored ear of “calico corn” is not only real but also EDIBLE. The kernels look like jellybeans. It’s a rare strain of corn called Glass Gem.
View attachment 59026

Jim

I have seeds for that. I'm going to try thin this year.

If you think hitting a trailer ball with your shin hurts think about hitting this thing.:cry:
I hated hitting my shin on that thing. I discovered they sell a foam cover for it that protects your shins. I got one and put reflective tape on it (on the 2nd one bc on the 1st one some idiot ran into the back of it at a red light even though it didn't stick out that far). My brother-in-law tested it by purposely banging his knee on it and said "Yup, it works!". Saved my shins so many times. Was on the Expedition when the tree crushed it.

This is some of the glass gem we grew last year. Not the same colors, but still looks good.
That is very cool!

We got a couple inches of snow last night.
Feb15-2021-back1.jpg
Feb15-2021-back2.jpg
Feb15-2021-front1.jpg
Feb15-2021-front2.jpg
Feb15-2021-porch1.jpg
Feb15-2021-ridgeline1.jpg

Didn't Zane say a weather event wiped out the fences?

Ben
On further thought based on the freezing rain we are getting....

Many years ago we had an ice storm where there was a thick glaze over everything. @ThePricess braved the conditions but got stuck trying to walk up the 30 degree walk aside our house. It took me 15 minutes or more to work my way down the ice sheet to get to her. It was like trying to climb a glacier.

Footnote
The rain may be washing away our global warming. It all depends on which way the thermometer goes in the wee hours.
Ben

Do you find that gate at the end of your sidewalk to be very useful?
Surprisingly, yes. At least the posts are useful. One of them holds a solar powered LED that has a sensor to detect when it's dark so it will turn on. The other I held on to when I was navigating the ice. It also helps me with backing the truck into the spot (when I take Mom places) because I use it as a guide to line up with the sidewalk.

@ben was somewhat right. The fence there got wiped out but it was from falling trees rather than weather. The fence that had been on the right side actually survived the tree fall, but the jerks we hired to remove the tree dropped a huge branch on the fence & destroyed it. Our insurance didn't even cover the full price of the tree removal & they didn't consider labor when they estimated cost for replacing the fence. We eventually had someone haul off the remnants of the fence somewhere & started parking closer to the house. I would really like to take out the rest of the fence to the side and get another car port or detached garage set up there.

It's still frozen outside. First time since I've lived here that the snow didn't melt within 24 hours. It's the coldest this area has been in over 100 years.

Latest posts

Back