Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That look you get on your face when you thought you were sniffing a child, but it was actually a fellow politician.

sniff.png

Bergen Norway, I was here once. We docked where the two small white/black ships are tied up. It was late winter, the peaks were covered by ice and snow. Just to the left out of the photo was a small park where an Oom-pah pa band played. I got a hotdog (their version of bratwurst) and listened to the band... The sun was beginning to set, made the snowy peaks almost glow.

Wasn't there but a couple hours, mysterious cargo came aboard. Then we ghosted a russian sub up and down the coast, eventually into the arctic ocean.

Bergen Norway.jpg

Bergen Norway, I was here once. We docked where the two small white/black ships are tied up. It was late winter, the peaks were covered by ice and snow. Just to the left out of the photo was a small park where an Oom-pah pa band played. I got a hotdog (their version of bratwurst) and listened to the band... The sun was beginning to set, made the snowy peaks almost glow.

Wasn't there but a couple hours, mysterious cargo came aboard. Then we ghosted a russian sub up and down the coast, eventually into the arctic ocean.

View attachment 74868
Re: mysterious cargo...

We were never allowed to pull in to any ports being an ammunition oiler that may have nukes on board. We had anchor outside the ports and take liberty boats to go ashore. I can still recite...

I can neither confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons on board the USS Detroit.

I stood the security when they were loaded and wasn't allowed to even look ... But out of the corner of my eye I did see some shinny white things on special roller carts...

Ben

Re: mysterious cargo...
We were never allowed to pull in to any ports being an ammunition oiler that may have nukes on board.
Ben
We pulled into ports fully loaded all the time. I think no dock time had more to do with countries like Japan who hated nukes and the type of ship.

Come on Ben! mysterious cargo then ghosting the same russian sub for a week? Obviously the two have something to do with each other... especially since the big crate disappeared into the helo hanger where the asw helicopter resided. ;)

Alright, alright, I'll "post something serious", now.. 😬

Taken on a recent drive back Home from Houston (..Drove Out n Back in 3.5 days.. o_O What's cool about 'em, is that it was Absolutely Pitch Black out.. Sometime 1am+ or so, but.. Point being - the Only 'illumination source' in the shots - was the Lightning strikes - which were taken on an iPhone..

Oh-Stormy2.jpg
Oh-Stormy1.jpg

..Just 'kept clicking away', shooting out the side-window (yeah, 'while Driving', but I was pretty much the only one on the 10, at that hour..) until I 'got lucky'... :cool:

..Also snapped one at Sunset thru a pair of polarized 'fishing' shades.. I call it..

EMP.jpg

..The Moment of the Air-Burst... 😬:rolleyes:

jd

Alright, alright, I'll "post something serious", now.. 😬

Taken on a recent drive back Home from Houston (..Drove Out n Back in 3.5 days.. o_O What's cool about 'em, is that it was Absolutely Pitch Black out.. Sometime 1am+ or so, but.. Point being - the Only 'illumination source' in the shots - was the Lightning strikes - which were taken on an iPhone..

Oh-Stormy2.jpg
Oh-Stormy1.jpg

..Just 'kept clicking away', shooting out the side-window (yeah, 'while Driving', but I was pretty much the only one on the 10, at that hour..) until I 'got lucky'... :cool:

..Also snapped one at Sunset thru a pair of polarized 'fishing' shades.. I call it..

EMP.jpg

..The Moment of the Air-Burst... 😬:rolleyes:

jd
Great pictures

Latest posts

Back