Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20211203_183815_01~3.jpg
Looking East as the sun started setting a couple of days ago!

This is a crappy phone picture take at about 2pm on the 8th of December. This is a light as it will be for a while and I won’t have the sun hitting my property until mid Jan. I saw the sun for a few minutes on Saturday as it came out between a mountain pass at about 1:30 pm. That was the last time I’ve seen the sun as it has dipped below the mountains.
20961837-D322-4481-A592-DE420C315E12.jpeg

Trillium, a medicine for many women's health issues. It can be hard to find. It only grows in very specific conditions. I have 2 species here on the farm. They bloom in early spring, then poof, gone until the next year.

View attachment 76971

We have a little on our place. Dads place has quite a lot

Was leaving the big town just before dark. I cut through a neighborhood to avoid a traffic accident.

There were only 2 house on this street decorated... and these folks went all out! There was a drop off lane for a school across the street so I just stopped and admired their work, took a few photo's.

All the lights in both yards were time synced together. And the lights all changed every 15 seconds. It took about 3 minutes to see all the variations, until the cycle repeated. I saw the giant snoopy first. But finally noticed the giant Minion. Looked cool, but I never figured out who was in the boat.

Anyway... thought ya'll might like them.

cmas 12dec 1a.JPG
cmas 12dec 3a.JPG

Are you talking about that red thing in the center of the second to last picture? Looks like a Dr Seuss character.
Yes! What illuminated it didn't seem to be working. But it looked different when lights further away changed color etc.

One moment it looked like the Grinch, then Casper the ghost, then Alvin in the chipmunks! lol None of them made sense in a boat!

I gave up... next time in town I'll drive by for another look.

cmas 12dec 5ab.JPG

I'm 99% sure it's Zion. I recognize & traveled that road and have stopped at that little parking area myself.
I think you are correct. Been there a few times myself. The top of the mountain in the center looks like a donkey head. Just a bit below the top, the white vertical patch, with the dark line to the top right of it looks like and eye and the light brown at the bottom of it looks like the nostrils.

I drove back by the houses today. All the inflatable displays were deflated. So I couldn't see the odd character in a boat. They were laying on the ground like they were waiting to be blown back up. They must have an air system.

Titled - Coffee Paint... I think I've seen it before, but saw it again today..

coffee paint.jpeg

Got to play a very special banjo today, been at least 12 years. I was at a family christmas gathering. I'd forgotten which sister had the banjo. At the time the owner died I tried to pay the family for it. I'd have loved to have kept and "played" it. This banjo is a Gibson Mastertone. At current prices about $2500. Mastertones are serious banjos, quality. And this one is set up to be played by serious pickers!

But it wasn't about the money for me. The deceased owner would roll over in his grave if he knew his banjo was never played... Instead its on a stand collecting dust, gets passed around to various sisters. :(

(tis the reason my old Martin guitar isn't going to family. It's going to someone who'll play it, someone who will enjoy and appreciate it for what it is.)

Anyway, it got played for a bit today. One of the finger picks had been lost so I couldn't play all out. I even remembered and played the first song we learned on a banjo, man named "Coon Rodgers" taught us his version of Cripple Creek. We were little 7, maybe 8. I didn't get my own banjo for another year.

Banjo mas 1 a.JPG
Banjo mas 2 a.JPG
Banjo mas 3 a.JPG

Latest posts

Back