Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some chemtrails.
Nope. Just water vapor and clouds. The planes do not fly anywhere near that area. If'n chemtrails were real.
EDIT to add: Those pictures are left and right from the same corner at the top of my street/neighborhood. If I took the picture in the middle you would have seen the clouds on the left gradually spread out into the larger cloud cover on the right. It was just the way the wind was carrying over and around the mountains.

I learn something new every day. I didn't know you could play the banjo. That's pretty cool!

I grew up with a large extended family, lots of pickers, playing bluegrass and old gospel. Folks were putting instruments in my hands early. Guitar is my fist love, I really enjoy a mandolin, a close second. A banjo is fun but I was never very serious about it. And everyone played upright bass. I could never play a fiddle though, I sounded like a cat caught in a fan. :rolleyes: These days my old martin guitar is the only instrument I own.

More pics from yesterday, deer in the yard. I walked up on 3 doe's. It looked like mother, daughter, grand daughter. My aunt said they tore up all her holiday decorations... in the second pic they came to a stop after that leap. The big doe watched me for a moment, even took a few steps toward me. It's always been easy for me to make pets out of wild critters. Deer, most bolt like regular deer but once in a great while they'll act like this doe.

Many times I've walked up within a few of feet of deer while they just stood calmly watching me. I was working on a fence once an a little 4-point walked up and wanted to fight me. Strange, it's like sometimes they don't see me as a human.

Deer mas 2 a.JPG
Deer mas 3 a.JPG

More pics from yesterday, deer in the yard. I walked up on 3 doe's. It looked like mother, daughter, grand daughter. My aunt said they tore up all her holiday decorations... in the second pic they came to a stop after that leap. The big doe watched me for a moment, even took a few steps toward me. It's always been easy for me to make pets out of wild critters. Deer, most bolt like regular deer but once in a great while they'll act like this doe.

Many times I've walked up within a few of feet of deer while they just stood calmly watching me. I was working on a fence once an a little 4-point walked up and wanted to fight me. Strange, it's like sometimes they don't see me as a human.

View attachment 77408View attachment 77409
Be careful, you'll end up like me with the deer hanging at the back door waiting for a handout!

My brother hasn't cleaned the air fryer even once since setting it up to use.
airfryerdirty1.jpg
airfryerdirty2.jpg

I did my best to clean it but some of that stuff was burnt in and the whole air fryer reeked. Not sure how to get the blackened stuff off the flimsy metal tray stuff. The inside of the door thing feels sort of like plastic and it won't come clean fully. Shortly after I cleaned it, he gunked it up again and didn't bother to wipe it out. I've asked him to at least wipe stuff when it cool down.
airfryercleaned1.jpg

I found it about a week ago. There was no indication of the location, not even a clue. It's definitely the far north. My guess is AK or Canada but it could have been Norway for all I know.

Another mid day picture. This is as bright as it gets when the sun doesn’t rise above the mountains.
461F9082-08C9-423A-B382-FEDBFEFA04F8.jpeg

Apollo Ridge, Mt. Leconte, Great Smoky Mountains, TN

I've never heard of this place, @Bacpacker ? North of Gatlinburg?

View attachment 77514

Never heard it called Apollo ridge. But yes north of Gatlinburg
Apollo Ridge, Mt. Leconte, Great Smoky Mountains, TN

I've never heard of this place, @Bacpacker ? North of Gatlinburg?

View attachment 77514

It's actually south-southeast of Gatlinburg. If you are in the "Burg" and look toward the main mountain chain, Mt LeConte (3rd highest peak in the smokies) fills your view. Apollo Ridge is up on top at the end of the Alum Cave trail. Alum Cave is one of 5 trails that climb LeConte, its the shortest but very steep. This section is the last half mile after you get pretty much to the top. It is so flat it's a nice break after the climb. Great views on a clear day or night as well. Gatlinburg and Piegon Forge is just below the mountain. At the end of the trail is LeConte Lodge where you can rent a place in a small cabin, they also provide 2 meals at the lodge. We've done that trip by ourselves, but also with as many as 14 friends and family.
I've been on that trail at least a dozen times, but never saw it lite like that. Beautiful spot and that picture is tremendous.

Here is some more information on Mt. LeConte. Check out the pics they share.

http://www.highonleconte.com/

Here is a picture of me on one of our trips up there. Cold that morning.

LeConte.JPG

My brother hasn't cleaned the air fryer even once since setting it up to use.
View attachment 77440View attachment 77441
I did my best to clean it but some of that stuff was burnt in and the whole air fryer reeked. Not sure how to get the blackened stuff off the flimsy metal tray stuff. The inside of the door thing feels sort of like plastic and it won't come clean fully. Shortly after I cleaned it, he gunked it up again and didn't bother to wipe it out. I've asked him to at least wipe stuff when it cool down.
View attachment 77442
Too bad you can't put a padlock on it.

Never heard it called Apollo ridge. But yes north of Gatlinburg

It's actually south-southeast of Gatlinburg. If you are in the "Burg" and look toward the main mountain chain, Mt LeConte (3rd highest peak in the smokies) fills your view. Apollo Ridge is up on top at the end of the Alum Cave trail. Alum Cave is one of 5 trails that climb LeConte, its the shortest but very steep. This section is the last half mile after you get pretty much to the top. It is so flat it's a nice break after the climb. Great views on a clear day or night as well. Gatlinburg and Piegon Forge is just below the mountain. At the end of the trail is LeConte Lodge where you can rent a place in a small cabin, they also provide 2 meals at the lodge. We've done that trip by ourselves, but also with as many as 14 friends and family.
I've been on that trail at least a dozen times, but never saw it lite like that. Beautiful spot and that picture is tremendous.

Here is some more information on Mt. LeConte. Check out the pics they share.

http://www.highonleconte.com/

Here is a picture of me on one of our trips up there. Cold that morning.

View attachment 77526
A question you don't have to answer? Are you part Native American?

Back