Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonights progress on the dagger:

mEc8zGB.jpg

ZleuJmM.jpg

The last one reminds me of some paintings by... trying to remember the name of the painter... Thomas Kinkade maybe? He would do textures on the paintings in such a way that when the lights dimmed, the scene would look like it was turning to night. Campfire glowed, windows from lights glowed, etc. Very cool looking. I saw some in an art store once. They had another dude who did the same style of painting (supposedly) who was just outside the store in the mall. He was standing around selling his stuff at a kiosk while an apprentice was painting the textures. I complimented the apprentice on his work (figuring he was the artist) and the artist got all mad and was like "*I* am the artist! He's just a lowly apprentice". I saw the apprentice cringe. I turned to him and said "Oh really, then why is he the one doing the painting? You can't do the technique yourself so he has to do it so you can sell his work an inflate your already overly large ego?" The apprentice laughed & the "artist" was sputtering mad at me. He probably was a good artist, but I had to mess with him when he came at me with attitude.

I moved my truck so I could unload the cow feed for my bovines. My oldest cat decided he wanted to sit where the truck normally parks and roll in the dirt.
1642115506494.png
1642115547354.png
1642115566186.png

His right ear got messed up a few years ago- got swollen and vet refused to treat it so it deflated and became cauliflower ear.

Is that a real cemetery, or a tourist attraction? I ask, because those headstones are all similar to each other, and not showy. I would have expected something more flamboyant for Hollywood types. It looks more like a normal cemetery, which is where my surprise comes from. Kirk and Anne Douglas look like it would be a very tight squeeze for two caskets there. Maybe they stack them rather than side-by-side them in this cemetery?

Is that a real cemetery, or a tourist attraction? I ask, because those headstones are all similar to each other, and not showy. I would have expected something more flamboyant for Hollywood types. It looks more like a normal cemetery, which is where my surprise comes from. Kirk and Anne Douglas look like it would be a very tight squeeze for two caskets there. Maybe they stack them rather than side-by-side them in this cemetery?

You should go to New Orleans sometime... Take you wife on a carriage ride. A shiny black carriage pulled by white horses... through the oldest and most famous cemeteries in the city.

It's a trip!!! A lot of fun, the driver will point out the famous and the infamous.

Maybe Kirk & Anne were cremated?
Multiple people in my family were cremated. There was actually some bone of contention so to speak with family out in NJ bc the people buried later were too cheap to get their own headstones and had older headstones of family defaced (names erased) to have their names put up instead.

Made me think about some elderly friends telling me that graveyard plots were a common wedding gift back in the 30s and 40s (and somewhat in to the 50s). One friend said he had 3 grave plots and intended to give two away (as he and his wife would share one).

These were the actual burial plots. My daughter is housesitting for 3 cats this week at the home of one of her professors from UCLA. The home is walking distance to the cemetery in Westwood and similar pics could be found here:

Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park & Mortuary

A random pic from my computer....
ARC Baton Rouge (35).jpg

Thanks! I named him after Rupert Grint. But when I call him I say "Roo-pear" and roll the R. I can holler his name from across the house and he'll come running. He's a sweety. My little cuddlebug. Lately he's been getting on the taller cat tree and wanting on my shoulder when I'm walking by. He's super friendly even with strangers. Whenever I take him to the vet he wants to snuggle the vet and the vet's assistants.

Thanks! I named him after Rupert Grint. But when I call him I say "Roo-pear" and roll the R. I can holler his name from across the house and he'll come running. He's a sweety. My little cuddlebug. Lately he's been getting on the taller cat tree and wanting on my shoulder when I'm walking by. He's super friendly even with strangers. Whenever I take him to the vet he wants to snuggle the vet and the vet's assistants.
You do realize that snuggle is the cat marking people with their scent glands. Like other animals marking their teritory.

Ben

Silly me! I thought that when a cat snuggled he was asking to be made into tacos. :brewing:🐯😈🌮🌮🌮

You do realize that snuggle is the cat marking people with their scent glands. Like other animals marking their teritory.

Ben
If you have an indoor cat you are his or her territory.
My cat's favorite place to lay is on my shoulder.
She purrs really loud when she's there.

Latest posts

Back