Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last photo: I am not seeing a tail, but my first thought was that it is a cougar. Then I wondered if it is a bobcat, like your first photo. Lastly, I wonder if it is a housecat? My guess, bobcat, but it is blurry.
It is a bobcat. I have gotten a few more pics of him in the area. That is the back side of my off- grid cabin. The stick sticking up is one of my horseshoe stakes. I get a pic of a new fawn there every year. The mama brings her fawns there to sleep behind the cabin and graze the green grass in my front yard. Not much green grass elsewhere around there. Pretty rocky mountain land.

View attachment 3411 Probably only in Nebraska, do you have the opportunity to buy kolaches at a gun show. It might leave most of you scratching your head, but Nebraska has lots of Czechs and this is the state dessert, a Czech sweet roll. I am half Czech, also known as Bohemian.
In the pastry photo, I'm I the only one that noticed the ingredients list is completely wrong? Most are fruit but there's no reference of any type of fruit in the list.

demo(7).png

Hello everyone and here is what we have been up to is mulching and planting in the front and back gardens. This is the progress so far -

Front herb, sweet potato, tomato and berry gardens, 2nd pic watermelons and newly planted and more advanced sweet corn, and third pic where we planted some new pumpkin seeds as well as where we mulched.

garden front herb and berry gardens.JPG

garden half back paddock.JPG

garden second half pumpkins.JPG

Hello everyone and here is what we have been up to is mulching and planting in the front and back gardens. This is the progress so far -

Front herb, sweet potato, tomato and berry gardens, 2nd pic watermelons and newly planted and more advanced sweet corn, and third pic where we planted some new pumpkin seeds as well as where we mulched.

View attachment 3455

View attachment 3456

View attachment 3457

I am officially jealous. I just shoveled two feet of fresh snow. If things go well I migh5 get some frost hardy early stuff in the Ground late April

Aww @BugoutBob it will warm up there shortly for you all in the States I am sure and when you are in summer we will be in the depths of a cold winter. Although we are lucky we can plant in winter too here as we get no snow but we do get frosts. We just plant our gardens in protected areas in the winter months so the frost doesn't hit them.

Aww @BugoutBob it will warm up there shortly for you all in the States I am sure and when you are in summer we will be in the depths of a cold winter. Although we are lucky we can plant in winter too here as we get no snow but we do get frosts. We just plant our gardens in protected areas in the winter months so the frost doesn't hit them.

Don’t tell anyone, but I am in Canada. I know we will get spring eventually but it seems to take forever. On the plus side we do get about a month less winter than where I lived before

I hope it stays warm where you are. Way too early here most years for peach blossoms.
I hear Ya. Its 3 weeks early here as for Time of Year. Our Weather cycle is one month early, so I think Im good. Our coldest week in a normal weather cycle is this week. Our coldest week was 1 month ago. It looks like Temps will be in the 80s for awhile.

Hang in there @BugoutBob spring will be there in no time :) , but I know how you feel winter just seems to drag on here too. This summer has been a horror for growing any vegetables this year. The only thing that appears to be drought proof is the herbs, tomatoes and sweet potatoes but we persist.

Today our 2 in 1 smoker BBQ turned up and we put it together and can't wait to try it out after we season it :D, not bad for $50 new delivered .

View attachment 3463

View attachment 3464
You "Stole" it for that. I have one similar. I Love it. I left the door open on the small side, while my Fire was hot and it warped the door at the hinges, from the weight and heat. I had to bend it back to get the door to close all the way. No Big. To keep that from happening, just let your fire start, close the lid and run the vents wide open, till it all catches well.

@Resto yes I know I "stole" the smoker for the $50 I paid for it :D . They had the identical one in our local country hardware store for $328 :eek: . I checked on eBay before Christmas and they were $128 and still someone whispered to me to wait, and then I got an email as I had it in my eBay watch list that told me it was a special for $50 with free postage so I checked it out thinking that has to be a typo. Sure enough it wasn't a mistake and I told DH and he said yep get it so I did and by the afternoon they were back up in price to $99 and then $128 again.

Thanks for the hint on the door and starting the fire in there too we shall make sure we don't leave the door open. If that ever did happen DH has made metal armour so I am sure he could also rectify the problem as well.

HB,
I had to quit falling trees, cutting and splitting wood...just too old and feeble..

Find an Amish sawmill..
All I have to do is go there load up drops/blocks of Oak ,
$20 , as much as I can get on my truck,
Take my time and I can handle that.
Only split 1/2 of it ,
Some of those blocks make great night logs.
IMG_20171206_083311138.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Back