Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boy waiting on my 76 Electra Glide to go home after school today.

9FA066FC-D5F0-45D0-A99C-798F97D65301.jpeg

Haven't been to one of these in a while... sad, I miss watching my cattle be sold. A livestock auction is a lot of fun when you know what's happening. They can be miserable to!

I was at a horse auction one night in a town named "Beaverton", 4 miles from the nearest paved road. They had some nice mules and a lot of tack going up for bid. But... it was 22 degrees in the area! It was cold that night! They had two small space heaters, one at each end of the ring. That was it! no other heat source. The most exciting part was when a lady got her handbag on fire, to close to a heater. You'd have thought she was on fire the way she acted.

The auctioneer was funny. When the lady calmed down he said "Sorry folks but that lady just bought everything that was left." 🤣

View attachment 79005
I used to go to auctions just to watch, and the biscuits and gravy over in the cafe. Those were pretty good too.

Billie Burke sent this to my grandmother when she was in a tuberculosis hospital , must have been about 1920
UxIeVrX.jpg

Last edited:
I used to go to auctions just to watch, and the biscuits and gravy over in the cafe. Those were pretty good too.

Made me think of a cafe I ate at while at a bull auction down in south AL. It was summer and all their veggies were right from the owners garden... the food was soooo good! Everything was fresh!

The auction wasn't bad either, there were just over 80 registered bulls for sale. Beautiful animals... I ended up getting a registered Hereford bull from a guy 300 miles away, over by the GA state line.

Saw this, no idea if its real... they should have just gotten a rifle.

b gun.png

Made me think of a cafe I ate at while at a bull auction down in south AL. It was summer and all their veggies were right from the owners garden... the food was soooo good! Everything was fresh!

The auction wasn't bad either, there were just over 80 registered bulls for sale. Beautiful animals... I ended up getting a registered Hereford bull from a guy 300 miles away, over by the GA state line.

View attachment 80480
I saw a Heritage Rough Rider in a shop last week that had a 16"barrel. $200.

htgrr22b16.jpg

Last edited:

Thats cool!

This afternoon I went over to cover several acres of seed. Across the pasture about 150yrds away there were 2 big red oaks and a deformed sweetgum at the edge of the field, a forest.

They looked like a sinister guy with broken teeth peeking around a tree. Sort of a cartoon type 20ft tall sinister guy. Anyway, it took me a couple hours to plow. Every time I turned the tractor that direction… there he was, peeking at me. 😨 😆

It looked so real from distance with all the shadows. I always have a camera, except today!

View attachment 80480
I don't see one but is there an attachment point hiding where a butt stock can be attached?

View attachment 80480
Its real , Artillery Lugar
1645019279066.png

Last edited:
Its real , Artillery Lugar
View attachment 80502
The Browning HiPower 9mm my dad brought home from WW2 has a tangent sight on the 4" barrel. I guess to help them loft the bullets 200 yards when needed? It doesn't make sense on a 9mm handgun but it is VERY COOL to look at and I love recalling the story on how he got it.

Looks like this....
1645031186825.png

The Browning HiPower 9mm my dad brought home from WW2 has a tangent sight on the 4" barrel. I guess to help them loft the bullets 200 yards when needed? It doesn't make sense on a 9mm handgun but it is VERY COOL to look at and I love recalling the story on how he got it.

Looks like this....
View attachment 80506

If the main spring housing cover has a slot in it, it's designed for a stock to assist in those 200 yard lobs...

WW2-CANADIAN-BROWNING-HIGH-HI-POWER-HP-INGLIS-PIST.jpg

Yarrow is in at Low es today! aka Achillea Millefolium. They have it every spring. This is pink yarrow. Yarrow from europe has white blooms. In North America yarrow can have white, pink or yellow flowers. Medicinally there is no difference between european yarrow and american yarrow. Besides, after 2 centuries of cross pollination who can say which is which without a dna test...

It's easy to grow and one of the few plants I never want to be without, powerful medicine.

yarrow low es  1a .JPG

I watched that show every week.
I actually watched a couple of episodes just a few months ago. It was a miracle anyone ever lived through an accident. The technology was primitive back then.
Their go to treatment was D5W with ringers lactate.

Homecoming night for my middle granddaughter.
Last year my oldest was queen.
This is Katie , she just turned 16. A sophomore I think.
She loves her papa.

When she came to see us , I asked her where the bottom half of her dress was, she just laughed. Her mother wouldn't have been allowed outta the house , with that much showing.

IMG_20220219_153659705.jpg
IMG_20220219_153836458.jpg
IMG_20220219_153810751.jpg

Jim

Latest posts

Back