Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beauty 1966 with 33,000 actual miles

camper.PNG

Nope. Heat sucks but I can drink water and be just fine. Wool socks, insulated boots, and 37 layers of clothes won't keep me warm in an Iowa winter wind - and my clothes are the good stuff. I'll take the heat any day...
Me too.
The warmer it is, the less my joints hurt. 93° is perfect. :thumbs:
Cold temps make them horrible!:mad:
Guess where I live?
Pic:
katc_eight_day.jpg

Did I mention that it rains a lot here? :dunno:

Last edited:
Me too.
The warmer it is, the less my joints hurt. 93° is perfect. :thumbs:
Cold temps make them horrible!:mad:
Guess where I live?
Pic:
katc_eight_day.jpg

Did I mention that it rains a lot here? :dunno:
@Supervisor42 how would this make your joints feel?
Screenshot_20220728-220118_Chrome.jpg

It's a screenshot of the Des Moines, Iowa weather for January 6, 2014. I was working at the Short Line rail yard on the East side of Des Moines at that time. The winter of 2013-2014 was one of the coldest on record, and there was almost no snow to insulate the ground from the cold.

Pay close attention to the high temp, the low temp, and the sustained wind speed. A polar bear won't get warm in that weather. The ground froze so deep that it ruptured many of the old water mains on the east side and they couldn't be fixed until the thaw. I haven't been able to handle the cold since that year.

@Supervisor42 how would this make your joints feel?View attachment 91684

It's a screenshot of the Des Moines, Iowa weather for January 6, 2014. I was working at the Short Line rail yard on the East side of Des Moines at that time. The winter of 2013-2014 was one of the coldest on record, and there was almost no snow to insulate the ground from the cold.

Pay close attention to the high temp, the low temp, and the sustained wind speed. A polar bear won't get warm in that weather. The ground froze so deep that it ruptured many of the old water mains on the east side and they couldn't be fixed until the thaw. I haven't been able to handle the cold since that year.
This would be me, minutes after getting out of the truck there :oops::
mummified-glacier-body_h.jpg

Last edited:
Supervisor, we're in the same state. LOL. But I lived in Virginia when I was little and loved the snow. My dad hated it bc he had to shovel the snow away and drive on icy roads. But I would run my happy behind all over the yard in a snow suit sledding down the hill, making snow angels & then run back inside when I felt too cold to get some hot cocoa.
It was 82° on the way home from the store today so not bad.

As a complete aside, did you ever see the commercials for "laissez les bon temps rouler". It never showed the faces but had feet and a woman saying "How come you don't take me out no more now dat my teef all done fall out?" or something like that. I think it was a dance and zaidaco music place.

I know this is a product image, but if I could stand being outside and I could have a covered bbq area, I'd want something like this:
bbqsslarge.png
Of course I'd want some counter space, some seating, and a gazebo type thing over top. Might not necessarily have it so shiny but I like the layout and features.

Someone else posted pics of a fishing trip. My dad loved to go diving. This one is of him at an underwater pumpkin carving dive.
IDSCN1519.jpg

And these are from a fishing trip. Redhead is a friend close to my brother's age. My bro is in the middle and dad on the right. Over 20yrs ago on Guam.
cFIL594.jpg

I think those were wahoo we caught (I was taking the picture).

I think the befuddled old geezer just learned something.

Latest posts

Back