Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, furnacefest looks very neat! (I almost said "cool" but I imagine its more "hot").

So, thunderstorm last night took out my landline phone and made the cable for it explode. I've only ever seen it fry the ends before.
1659475889126.png
1659475947637.png

On a happier note, the people who adoped the pups sent me another pic of them and the older dogs (the black ones).
1659476055108.png

Ooh, furnacefest looks very neat! (I almost said "cool" but I imagine its more "hot").

So, thunderstorm last night took out my landline phone and made the cable for it explode. I've only ever seen it fry the ends before.
View attachment 92049View attachment 92050

On a happier note, the people who adoped the pups sent me another pic of them and the older dogs (the black ones).
View attachment 92052
Lightening can do some amazing stuff!! The pups look happy, that really worked out Z!!

I looked up the number.
That is a picture of a 1979 Piper that has 4 seats.
The actual plane was a twin engine.
Typical news reporting.
Another thing that plane is sitting on a road not a runway.
If they can't get the simple things correct imagine how they screw up the important stuff.
It was a CASA C-212.
CASA C-212 Aviocar - Wikipedia

Random picture. Kind of cool.

View attachment 92115

I just realized that we just had our house exterior painted in this color scheme. Coincidence. The main color is deep rich blue, the trim/accent is white, and our rock work is the orange/brown lichen covered rock that is common in the Colorado mountains. This is a big change for us, after 40 years with a very light beige house with very light sky blue trim. It's a shock when we drive home now - the magnitude of the change from a light to a dark color scheme - but we're getting used to it, like it, and so do the neighbors. Several of us are moving to deep, dark, rich, super saturated colors. Deep blue (us), dark hunter green (neighbors behind), dark rusty orange/red (neighbors down the street), dark gray (neighbors across). We look a little like those boldly painted villages in Greenland, but darker and not quite so in your face. But still kind of in your face a little bit. Bold. Grabs your attention after seeing most of the HOA areas with their boring "Earth tones" that all look alike. We are not HOA, so enjoying the variety and freedom that this allows immensely.

Discovered it wasn't just the phoneline cord that blew. It was the power adapter for the phone too. Traced it back to unplug it (had a hard time finding it earlier but needed Mom's help to move her stuff or hold it out of the way so it didn't get knocked down while I dislodged the cord from under it. Found this:
phoneacadapterbroken3.jpg
phoneacadapterbroken4.jpg

It had blown apart and there are scorch marks on the circuit board. I had it in a surge protector so I don't know how the hell that happened. Nothing else got messed up.
Can't find the damn receipt for the surge protector to file a grievance.

The padlocks are on a lovers bridge in Paris @zannej . I love the fence- could be done with pallets maybe? That's how we did our cabin, for now. In honour of Comic Con, which is on today in Dublin but I couldn't go- my eldest two have- my OH looks a bit like the guy from breaking bad- so years ago he went as him. Weird being with an 'almost celebrity' - couldn't walk two feet without someone wanting his photo. Met Kyle Reese that year too - Kyle Reese - Wikipedia
P1020895.JPG

I have assembled the ultimate bug out vehicle....(joking)
Actual story is that I borrowed the neighbor kids bobcat. I drove my mini-bike down to pick it up, and put it in the bucket for the drive home:

296868111_5310590655725246_992096974505413568_n.jpg

Last edited:
Inquiring minds want to know: did they all die? Did she help them die? Was she divorced from all of them, or most of them? What is up with Vaughn? Why was she married to him for so long?
View attachment 92298
I'm guessing he did all the cooking or liked to eat out a lot! :X

I'm glad to see that there are bison around. When I lived in North Dakota, there was a park, a city park, where there was a fenced off area that had two of them. They were frequent escapees, because they like to roam!
There is heard within walking distance of my place. If am EMP hits, I plan to take bolt cutters to the locks and set then free. At least 5hey will a chance instead being being shot like fish in a barrel by those that failed to prepare.

Ben

Inquiring minds want to know: did they all die? Did she help them die? Was she divorced from all of them, or most of them? What is up with Vaughn? Why was she married to him for so long?
View attachment 92298
Well, Diffie didn't last very long. :rolleyes:
I wonder how many Social Security check she gets? (Yes, an ex-wife can draw on an ex-husband)

Back