Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tour of Napoleon's house outside of Paris, France.

A little man with a big ego, who liked to steal what he could from his citizens.
20181106_161340.jpg
20181106_161251.jpg
20181106_160237.jpg
20181106_155649.jpg
20181106_154018.jpg
20181106_153454.jpg
20181106_152642.jpg
20181106_152424.jpg
20181106_152212.jpg

Is she mad at you😃😃😃
I'm with Dave on this one, I would never get it back together. :(
I did cheat and watched a YouTube video of a guy taking it apart and putting it back together in 18 minutes.
He had obviously rehearsed it.
It is unbelievably complicated.
Here's a hint, inside of it is a short plastic straw that you have to insert in a hole and blow to unlock one part.:oops::oops:
How long would it take for you to think of that?.... Oh, and you have to solve each puzzle on all of the 6 sides, in the right order.

Last edited:
A rare photograph of Vincent Van Gogh taken in 1873 when he was 19 years old. When the image was taken, Vincent worked for the Goupil & Cie art dealership in The Hague, shortly before being relocated to their branch in London, England. It is the only known photograph of Van Gogh's face. Credit: lori.follart.history_in_color

See more photos of historical figures in color: https://bit.ly/3JJ6fpB

Vincent Van Gofh.jpg

American writer and poet Edgar Allan Poe photographed in circa 1849. Poe is best known for his poems and short stories such as The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Cask of Amontillado, and The Tell-Tale Heart. Credit: rwhitecolor on Instagram

See more photos of famous authors in color: https://bit.ly/41yosN8

edgar Allen poe.jpg

This is when photography was first happening. I have a photograph of my gg grandparents on their wedding day, around 1850. They were very poor people. It is amazing that they had a photograph of their wedding day.

Power line towers being installed.

View attachment 106809
There are huge power lines running through the ranch across the road from me. There were smaller ones, they got taken down and the big ones were installed. The guys said they divert the power through other lines during the transition. All the pieces were trucked in and assembled on site. Then cranes were brought in to stand them up! Guide lines were run before the electric lines, guys had to climb up there to attach them😮. Nice group of guys and two gals doing the work, they always were happy to answer our questions! Was really neat to witness!!

There are huge power lines running through the ranch across the road from me. There were smaller ones, they got taken down and the big ones were installed. The guys said they divert the power through other lines during the transition. All the pieces were trucked in and assembled on site. Then cranes were brought in to stand them up! Guide lines were run before the electric lines, guys had to climb up there to attach them😮. Nice group of guys and two gals doing the work, they always were happy to answer our questions! Was really neat to witness!!
I was young when a whole bunch of these were installed in South Dakota, and they were large like these. I never saw any of them being installed, and I wondered if they were assembled on site. I cannot imagine that they were shipped in, except in pieces.

Dams were built on the Missouri River and then lines were strung from there across the state. I have seen many of these towers. One of my uncles worked all up and down the river helping string lines for power. After all the power lines were done from the river projects, he became a lineman in Des Moines, Iowa.

It is because of all of these towers and developed infrastructure that South Dakota has so many wind farms. My home county has the most productive wind farm in the U.S. Not sure that the current towers are all that good, but I do know that the wind blows there.

The oldest known photograph, ‘View from the Window at Le Gras’ taken by Joseph Nicéphore Niépce in 1826 using a process called heliography (a process that he invented) which would have taken between 8 hours and several days of exposure to capture the image. Credit: color_byangelina on Instagram

Learn more about the oldest photograph in history: https://bit.ly/3wUTy3c

oldest known photograph.jpg

Believe it or not, this is a lamb cake, still not frosted or decorated. It looks really gross to me!View attachment 106807 This is a common thing for Easter for older Czech's.

That's supposed to be a lamb? It looks more like the thing that chewed it's way out of the guys stomach in the Alien movie. I'm certainly not putting THAT on my dining table when guests come over.

My oldest cat, Boo. Taken with my new phone camera. He decided to lick his nose as I was snapping the picture.
1681099012925.png

Senator Snugglebum on the cat tree in front of the mother-of-pearl and lacquer panels from Vietnam.
1681099763787.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back