Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a border collie (could be cross???). Herding dogs typically need several miles a day to remain sane. Usually extremely smart.
They are similar and related.
Most Aussie's have 3-color coats, most Border Collies have 2-color coats.
The Border Collies almost never have 'weird' eyes. The Aussies almost always do.
https://www.loveyourdog.com/border-collie-vs-australian-shepherd/
They do have a lot in common, especially THIS:
Love Your Dog said:
"Firstly, they both need at least 60 minutes of high-level exercise a day. But it doesn’t stop there, they will need to be stimulated throughout the day either through sociable tug of war games, or agility sports such as frisbee or doggy assault courses. If you must leave your pup alone for a few hours then be sure to leave out a puzzle treat toy, because if either of these dogs become restless, they will embark on mission destroy!
Border Collie or Aussie?:
australian-shepherd-dog-breed-info.jpg

Last edited:
I don't thing Australian Sheepdogs have that much hair.
Maybe a cross between the two?

It's an Aussie. We've had both growing up and throughout my life. Had a border collie when I was somewhere around middle school that we had to tie before going to school or he would keep the sheep up in a corner and not let them graze :) Had an Aussie with one blue eye and one brown eye- total sweetheart. She would smile and people wouldn't get out of their car which was fine. Friends and family knew she was sweet. I typically prefer the temperament of the Aussie over the border collie as they are a little more docile but the border collies have out worked the Aussies endurance wise. We had several as they were working dogs and we were on a ranch. A cross is often good also. That said, around here they've bread the Aussie's to be big (like maybe a Rotie in the mix?) and they aren't the same, and the minis are psychotic. They all still have their own personalities. Gotta love 'em. We currently have a mutt - he's a pretty good dog.

Reminds me of the little place my Dad used to take me for bacon & eggs before we went hunting. Grocery store, general store, cafe, bait & tackle, gas station, cabin rentals, and boat rentals all rolled into one. And the same group of people there every time we went.

We had about 1/2 mile from the house. Had everything from canned goods, fresh produce, meat, drinks, to a good selection of hardware, garden seed, ammo, shotguns, .22's, canning goods, and the best case full of all kinds of candies you could think of back in the 60's. Dad used to send me over there every now and then to but him a pack of cigarettes, mind you I was 8-15 yo at the time. I got to keep the change and would get me 5-10 pieces of candy all of which were .01 each.
Hard to find stores like that now days, even anything close.

Latest posts

Back