Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DN_0090258.jpg

Nonvenomous ones I'll leave alone (other than moving them away from the house so the next person doesn't have a heart attack after seeing it like I just did). Venomous ones near the house are dispatched to meet their maker. I've never had to dispatch one here in Colorado (they're rare here), but back in Texas I had to a couple of times. I can't see leaving something that could severely injure your family or friends sitting right there alongside the house. Vampire bats, wolverines and great whites - yeah, they all gotta go too.

The most dangerous thing right near your house is your auromobile or maybe whats in your kitchen. People here in the N.Florida have swam with gators and snakes for centuries ,longer. We were at what locals call ' watering hole ' when a drunk man made his last foolish mistake. He grabbed a snake swimming next to kids and it bit him ,he died a few hour later.
I've stepped on gators I didn' know were under me in water here.

If wildlife was that bad Africa or India wouldn't have such a large population. Man can't keep killing everything he fears. Nature has a balance we don't want to disturb. [ And no I'm not a tree hugger or liberal.]

I value animals, both common and endangered, but I value my family more. No animal will ever be given safe haven to the detriment of my family. If Sasquatch himself ran out of the forest and started attacking my kid, I'd shoot Sasquatch. No hesitation.

If all my family is available for a warning, "Hey, there's a rattlesnake on the west side of the house", then Mr. Pit Viper would be allowed to leave on his own. But if family members are not able to understand and act on that warning (e.g., young kids), or unable to get that warning in the first place, then I'm sorry Mr. Pit Viper but you are not welcome, despite you being innocent and clueless about any issues you may be causing.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I left a venomous snake remain by the side of the house and an innocent child came along and ended up being very painfully sick and losing a leg because of a bite. Of if I tried to move the snake away, but mishandled it and got bit myself. It's not that I fear them, although I do give the venomous ones a wide berth. It's that I don't like the potential danger they pose in populated areas.

49008883_10217315759902209_4577829968054059008_n.jpg

I do that all the time. Several gas stations I go to are 1 way in so if the pumps are on my right I have to drag the hose across the bed of my truck.
I have seen pictures of stations that have the hoses dropping down from the top. Seems like a good idea.

Latest posts

Back