Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was simple really. I asked my dogs. They have tasted both.
I had a dog that bit an illegal once. He ended up licking his butt for an hour just to get the taste out of his mouth.
---tort--

I LOVE this mounting....

35238276_1374866222645763_8959997418129063936_n.jpg

Currently the soffit of the exterior is rotting, so I have a barter going with a co-worker. he will do that as well as remake a fireplace mantel for me and a few other odd chores, and in turn, he will be getting a 14.5" fishing boat. We have it in writing so there is no confusion.
Someone told me that the two best days of a boat owners life are the day he gets his boat and the day he gets rid of it.

The boy slammed his finger in the truck door this morning and it latched. He was laughing with tears running down his face. Tough little turd!

View attachment 7743
Bless his heart! Is it feeling better today? I'm betting it won't slow him down any.

The boy slammed his finger in the truck door this morning and it latched. He was laughing with tears running down his face. Tough little turd!

View attachment 7743

Every tough guy I know,
got his hand slammed by a car door at one time in their life...

I got mine several times..:ghostly:

Jim

View attachment 7743
Did that with a thumb in the latched door of a 1950 Ford, thumb came out flat but what hurt the most was my leg, sympathy pain?

In high school a girl stopped at my car to talk.
I had the door in my hand behind me and I just bumped it closed.
My right thumb was caught in the door and my keys were in my right front pocket.
No way I could reach them.
She finally smiled and asked if that hurt and could she help me.
She fished my keys out of my pocket, unlocked and opened the door.
Best smashed thumb ever.:)

Poor little fawn it's eyes were so infected it couldn't see. I felt sorry for him but let him be.

There is usually not much you can do. I have a friend who works for the state doing wild life recuse who has told me sad story after story.

The worst one I lived through. One morning I started cutting hay just after the dew dried off around 9am. Around noon I stopped for a sandwich. My elderly dad started cutting while I ate.

He didn’t even get to the far end of the field when he stopped. After a couple of minutes, I walked across the field to see what was wrong.

A doe had left her fawn in the field. Dad, who has trouble slaughtering a chicken, was heartbroken, in tears. The fawn didn’t run but stood up, losing a couple of feet to the hay mower. I carried the fawn out of the field and laid him in the shade in the edge of the woods. He was bleeding badly, figured he’d bleed out in 5 or 10 minutes.

I was wrong… 4 hours later when I had finished cutting hay I went around the edge of the field checking for spots not cut properly that would interfere with raking the hay when dry.

This fawn had crawled out of the woods (over 75yrds) and back to the exact spot where his mother had left him…I almost cried. By the time I drove the tractor 4 miles back to the farm and came back with my truck and a pistol the fawn had already expired… :( It was heart breaking.

Fawn sm.jpg

In high school a girl stopped at my car to talk.
I had the door in my hand behind me and I just bumped it closed.
My right thumb was caught in the door and my keys were in my right front pocket.
No way I could reach them.
She finally smiled and asked if that hurt and could she help me.
She fished my keys out of my pocket, unlocked and opened the door.
Best smashed thumb ever.:)

Did you say,"no,a little more to the left"? :ghostly:

That's sad @Justin76 ! Who cleans it up, if anybody?

There are cleaners that come around daily and a truck comes 4 times a week. But the people here just keep piling it up once it's cleaned up.
The best is Chinese New Year, one week of trash piled up! The rats and wild pigs and monkeys are in heaven then!

Justin, can you rotate your pictures so I don't have to keep turning my head to look at them??? It's hard on us old(er) folks.

Latest posts

Back