Pot !...........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cal is desperate for income, legalize the weed and tax the THC right out of it!

They don't want the Feds involved so I say go ahead and Tax it. Then take all federal employees and every damn dime of federal moey away from them and let it sort itself out. We can have all criminal illegals and potheads fund California and see how that works for them.

Dont smoke pot. Dont care about it. That one issue has done more to make the libertarian party a joke than any other. That being said, gov has no place in the issue and it should be legal. They can limit interstate traffic of it but if folks want to locally produce and/or consume I dont think gov has the right to say anything about it.

Still a Fed Crime and listed as an illegal drug.

And I suspect it will remain that way, at least until the governments patents run out on it.

:pee:Damn Governor Moon Beam Brown and all the Hippie Liberals who are now at the end of their miserable lives can smoke their dumb asses into oblivion as far as I'm concerned...

The sooner dead and gone the better for this country...

Doing pot is NOT going to kill you any quicker or even as quick as Tobacco or Alcohol !..................

Refer NOW legal in California !...............
clapslow.gif

Woop-tee-dam-do.
I found it slight ironic that wildfires destroyed most of the crop just before it could ever be sold.
lmao.gif

They started doing that to Vets too...taking away their firearms if they found a "justifiable" cause...

And my Doctor once asked me if I had firearms in my house during a routine annual checkup...I told him none of his damn business...

and, after getting copies of all my medical records, promptly switched to a Doctor closer to where I currently live now because of it.

Liberals are always thinking up new and round about ways to disarm the general population...because with them...it's one way or another !!

They started doing that to Vets too...taking away their firearms if they found a "justifiable" cause...

And my Doctor once asked me if I had firearms in my house during a routine annual checkup...I told him none of his damn business...

and, after getting copies of all my medical records, promptly switched to a Doctor closer to where I currently live now because of it.

Liberals are always thinking up new and round about ways to disarm the general population...because with them...it's one way or another !!

My dr asked me that bs in my new patient intake as well. I wonder if they are getting pressured to collect such info from above, who is asking for it, and why. Bet it was a question intoduced through obama care and has become standard practice.

My dr asked me that bs in my new patient intake as well. I wonder if they are getting pressured to collect such info from above, who is asking for it, and why. Bet it was a question intoduced through obama care and has become standard practice.
I'm with Shooter. It becomes practice with my doctor I'll be saying see ya later!

My medical facility started that a few years back. My answer was always N/A.

And STILL...it was NONE of their damn business... { Blue Cross & Blue Shield Govt Plan...}
Where is "Don't ask, don't tell" when you need it?
The insurance companies are the problem. Leakage.
For the Dr. to file a claim and get paid they have to provide the required information to the insurance companies.
(required=everything)
The Drs. are prevented from disclosing info by HIPPA. Every time you go to the Dr. you sign a release for them to send {anything&everything} to the insurance company.
Insurance companies can then send it to anyone that requests it.
:eek:
This makes HIPPA a paper tiger with one giant hole in it.
From the govt website:
Who Is Not Required to Follow These Laws
Many organizations that have health information about you do not have to follow these laws.

Examples of organizations that do not have to follow the Privacy and Security Rules include:

• Life insurers
  • Employers
  • Workers compensation carriers <-----all health insurance companies are.
  • Most schools and school districts
  • Many state agencies like child protective service agencies
  • Most law enforcement agencies
  • Many municipal offices

The newer form you fill out when you buy a new firearm asks if you use marijuana and explains it's illegal even if it's legal in your state.

Yep, they changed that on the 4473 early 2017, nationwide.

You really can't tell the doctor anything you don't want the "officials" to know nowadays.
So far I haven't had a Doc ask if we have a gun in the home... But I'm gonna lie like a rug when I do get that question.
Well, it wouldn't be a lie if he/she asks if we have a gun in the home.... we got a bunch so no would be the truth.

Just remember, it's not a sin to lie to someone that will twist the truth against you....

You really can't tell the doctor anything you don't want the "officials" to know nowadays.
So far I haven't had a Doc ask if we have a gun in the home... But I'm gonna lie like a rug when I do get that question.
The doctors don't care if you have a gun in the house. The insurance companies are pushing this on the doctors to be added as "required information".
Remember we live in the information-age, info = $$$. And they will sell your
poop.png
in a heartbeat.
If my doctor was forced to ask me that question, my response would be:
"Unless I have a gun stuck in my body, that is not health info".
If faced with it on a form with only a YES or NO box, I would check both. That way I answered AND I didn't lie.
:D

Simply put; If you have insurance, any info you share with your doctor can be considered public knowledge.
Watch what you say or do.

I'm with Shooter. It becomes practice with my doctor I'll be saying see ya later!

I go to my yearly physicals and ecetera with my Glock OWB. He never once asked me the when, where, why. or how.. while he uncovers it to listen to my lungs. Maybe I should second think.

The doctors don't care if you have a gun in the house.
:confused; Some doctors are very anti-gun and think they are some kind of a little god that knows better than us commoners....
I don't trust em' till they prove themselves trustworthy, and that takes years !
Simply put; If you have insurance, any info you share with your doctor can be considered public knowledge.
^ ^ True that!

The doctors don't care if you have a gun in the house. The insurance companies are pushing this on the doctors to be added as "required information".
I don't think it's really so much the insurance companies, though they might have a vested interest in knowing. See below. ;)

I go to my yearly physicals and ecetera with my Glock OWB. He never once asked me the when, where, why. or how.. while he uncovers it to listen to my lungs. Maybe I should second think.
You're in FL, aren't you? There's supposedly a law there that restricts a doc from asking.

:confused; Some doctors are very anti-gun and think they are some kind of a little god that knows better than us commoners....
This. The movement for docs asking mainly comes from this stance. The AMA and the Pediatric Association (among others), are VERY anti-gun. It's merely a political agenda of said organizations. This movement has gone on for decades.

I don't think it's really so much the insurance companies, though they might have a vested interest in knowing. See below. ;)

You're in FL, aren't you? There's supposedly a law there that restricts a doc from asking.

This. The movement for docs asking mainly comes from this stance. The AMA and the Pediatric Association (among others), are VERY anti-gun. It's merely a political agenda of said organizations. This movement has gone on for decades.

Oh no not Florida...no offense Floridians...just poking fun.
Georgia.

Remember we live in the information-age, info = $$$. And they will sell yourView attachment 3844 in a heartbeat.
If my doctor was forced to ask me that question, my response would be:
"Unless I have a gun stuck in my body, that is not health info".
If faced with it on a form with only a YES or NO box, I would check both. That way I answered AND I didn't lie.
:D

What about if you hunt with your doctor ?......................

Ya gotta look past the end of yer nose. Just think of the people that won't be able to legally fill out a 4473. A liberal's wet dream come true.

Back