Question for "REAL MEN"......Did you ever wear a "DRESS". It is ok, nothing to be ashamed of. Just the truth, you will feel about the "DRESS" thing.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn dude. Do you know what a freaking colloquialism is ? I was not speaking formally. I was speaking informally. Where gotta means I choose to. I simply did.
So you would (did?) choose to wear a pink dress? That changes everything, but I dont care for the implications of the original statement anymore if that's truly the case. regardless, Thank you for clarifying.
And for you to say no disrespect intended. Is the same as you pissing on my foot while whispering in my ear it’s raining.
We have different opinions of what respect is clearly. I meant none, take that fwiw, I'm only text on your screen and easily ignored.
Know it alls simply piss me off.
Oops.
I apologize to you and the good folk on this forum
I do not 🙂. I am here for discourse.
Humbly ask for understanding And am disengaging
I will aswell, I hope the rest of your day goes better.

So you would (did?) choose to wear a pink dress? That changes everything, but I dont care for the implications of the original statement anymore if that's truly the case. regardless, Thank you for clarifying.

We have different opinions of what respect is clearly. I meant none, take that fwiw, I'm only text on your screen and easily ignored.

Oops.

I do not 🙂. I am here for discourse.

I will aswell, I hope the rest of your day goes better.
Like wise. And wish you only the best. I like a little dust up every now and then. And I must say. You did have a point or 2 that were legit but ONLY a point or 2. 😂 Perhaps we will cross paths again. Till then take care

..Alright now Boys, that's Good enough.. Let's just Clink and Drink Up before anyone gets Kilt.. 🤭

pints.png

jd

I would like to correct a post I saw that said kilts today are not the same as the original kilts of old
Boulderdash
Those that wear kilts because it is of their clan ie they are serious . They are not wannabes . They will wear period correct clothing

the first kilt was know as the great kilt (1600’s)
It wraped around the shoulders and waist
The walking kilt or small kilt (1700’s)
The question is are they the same thing? Did the walking kilt replace the great kilt or is it a different thing
Is a dress a skirt? Or are they different?
Yes the great kilt was the first kilt and the walking kilt is not a modern kilt
The great kilt is still worn today
So is the walking kilt

I thought about a kilt but I wanted a tartan that I was qualified to wear. When I found out the price I decided I had better uses for my money. I did have a caftan for awhile. Both are traditional mens clothing.

I was wearing my caftan and doing my dishes late one October when a strong hammering was heard on my front door quickly followed by the slamming of my storm door on the arctic entry. I turned on the porch light and stepped out to investigate. I heard some tittering out in the middle of the dark street. It was a day or two too early to trick-or -treat but evidently not too early to knock on doors. Some guy in a caftan was too good to let go so I knew they would return. I also knew that it would take time for them to build courage so I finished my dishes. I then put on levi’s and an old olive drab shirt and jumped out the bedroom window. Great timing. Having left the light on I stood by the corner of the house, in the shadows. A smaller kid runs up and holds my storm door open. A larger kid runs toward my house, sees me in the shadow, and splits without ever saying a word to his buddy. Everyone was decked out for Halloween and the kid holding the door didn’t see his friend leave because of the mask. I ran across the grass on my tiptoes and laid a hand on each of his shoulders. Without moving anything else his hand came up and removed his mask. About half a minute later his head swiveled around far enough that I was expecting pea soup. “It, it was their idea.” “Yea, but you are the one that got caught.” I couldn’t hold my laughter any longer and went inside.

The pictures exist, I have no idea who in the family has them. I have no memory of it, but I remember the horror when looking at a family album and asking my mother who the girl was in the photo, and she it was me. My next younger brother is about 14 months younger. There is a photo of both of us in dresses. So, my wild guess is they dressed me in dresses till I was a bit over two years old.

My mother consoled me saying that was common in the 40's.
It was common. They didn't have diapers like they do today. They basically wrapped that area thickly to absorb "it," and there were not plastics for over the cloth diapers. A gown was the only real option. That's what babies wore until they were essentially potty trained. A baby was really just a baby, not a boy or a girl until they were about 2 years old. That was often when they got their first hair cut also.

ETA: Women wear pants which is short for pantaloons. Men wear britches/breeches which are buttoned or buckled just below the knees or trousers which go down to the ankles.

I had a friend who often wore a kilt when it was very hot out. People did make comments to him, rather rudely.
Most of the fellas who wear kilts around here, you don't want to mess with. Have you ever seen the Highlander games? They can chuck those weights over high bars. Quite a few pipes and drums players also.

Latest posts

Back