Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then find somewhere to go.
Let the other neighbors help for a while.
I think you have no grasp on what being a 'full-time' caregiver entails. :confused:
We CAN'T go anywhere without putting her life in peril.
If she even drops something, someone has to be right there to pick it up or she will fall over, bust her head, and end up dead like her husband did.:confused:
My dad exited the same way. :confused:
Someone has to be with her unless she is sleeping or showering.
For reference: my mom is 96 and has 'around-the-clock' care.
It costs $1,800 PER WEEK!

Last edited:
I was the primary caregiver for my elderly mom, and it was practically a full-time job... a labor of love, in my mom's case, but one of my family had to do it, and I'm the one who was there. We couldn't afford that kind of money for someone else to do it, we were lucky she had Tri-Care from the Navy hospital. I took good care of her for a number of years before she passed away, so I did my part... dunno who's gonna do for me when the time comes. That's why I'm hoping to get hit by a train or a truck, no long drawn-out deathbed scene, lol. Just WHAM!!! And game over, no more earthly troubles, lol. I actually think death has a positive side: no more taxes and no more scumbag politicians, lol. It's a WIN-WIN situation!!! ;)

I think you have no grasp on what being a 'full-time' caregiver entails. :confused:
If she even drops something, someone has to be right there to pick it up or she will fall over, bust her head, and end up dead like her husband did.:confused:
My dad exited the same way.
In other words, you're stuck with her no matter what. you have my condolences.

In other words, you're stuck with her no matter what. you have my condolences.
Yes. We knew what we were signing up for when we moved here.
That's what good people do. :thumbs:
The good news is: me & DW can play tag-team, and keep the neighbor's stuff up too!:woo hoo:

I don't see it much on this site , but on others I have to google what their saying , can't people spell words anymore ? This is just a partial list.
Drives me nuts .... Maybe i'm just to old for this new world.

• AFK - Away From Keyboard
  • BBL - Be Back Later
  • BBS - Be Back Soon
  • BEG - Big Evil Grin
  • BRB - Be Right Back
  • BTW - By The Way
  • EG - Evil Grin
  • IDK - I Don't Know
  • IMO - In My Opinion
  • IRL - In Real Life
  • LMK - Let Me Know
  • NOYB - None of Your Business
  • OMG - Oh My God
  • POS - Parents Over Shoulder
  • ROFL - Rolling On the Floor Laughing
  • SMH - Shaking My Head
  • TTYL - Talk To You Later
  • WTH - What The Heck (or Hell)

I don't see it much on this site , but on others I have to google what their saying , can't people spell words anymore ? This is just a partial list.

• BBL - Be Back Later
  • BBS - Be Back Soon
  • BEG - Big Evil Grin
  • BRB - Be Right Back
  • BTW - By The Way
  • EG - Evil Grin
  • IDK - I Don't Know
  • IMO - In My Opinion
  • IRL - In Real Life
  • LMK - Let Me Know
  • OMG - Oh My God
  • SMH - Shaking My Head
You are not going to change this from happening so you might as well let it go.
I occasionally have to stop and look up something but most of the time I just ignore it and move on.

That's what good people do. :thumbs:
I agree but my brothers seem to think we are freeloaders just because we took care of my handicapped brother for 15 years and didn't pay rent.

I agree but my brothers seem to think we are freeloaders just because we took care of my handicapped brother for 15 years and didn't pay rent.

I caught that vibe too from some of my own brothers, and it used to rile me... if your own brothers had to pony up for the care, they'd be singin' a different tune. I moved my stuff back into my mom's house when I went trucking: why pay rent for some flat you're hardly ever gonna see? And everybody else was gone by that time, so the arrangement worked perfectly. I'd come in from the road, burn a day of time off doing all the heavy yard work, then look after my ma while I was home. Later, when she started her long slow decline, I came off the road altogether, because SOMEBODY had to do it, and I was the bachelor, no other commitments, aye? But to this day, some family members don't speak to me, because I told 'em off after putting up with their BS. Meh, at least I was THERE to care for my ma, and THAT is what mattered most.

As an aside, and I know I've pinged on this before, only in the U.S. are kids or adult children bashed for living with their parents. In EVERY OTHER PART OF THE WORLD, multiple generations live under one roof, but you don't hear anybody SQUAWKING about THAT, because that would be RACIST. It's only here in America that youngsters or adult kids are shamed for living with their parents: personally, I think it's all tied in with the banksters & credit card agencies who are looking for more suckers to enslave in debt. Those globalists and their tools also want to break down family values in America, hence the targeting of adult children who are still living with their parents... sure, you have some slackers and lazy sods in the mix, but many are just doing whatever needs to be done in this Brave New Fraudulent Third World.

It's kinda funny, back when I was making bank and rolling into town with a wallet full of C-notes every time, my friends would occasionally try to hook me up with some blind date or whatever. The very first thing I'd say upon introduction---and I kid you not, I was raised on the Pistols & DK---the very first thing I'd say was, "Hi, I'm E___, I'm 42 and I live with my mom, you got a PROBLEM with it?!?" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Eventually, my friends learned NOT to try and hook me up with gals, though some introductions went alright once that hurdle was cleared. Nowadays, with the whole country swirling down the toilet, I see NO REASON WHATSOEVER for anybody to hold such living arrangements in contempt... I actually enjoyed being able to socialize with my mom, bring her cool stuff from across the nation, etc., etc.

Anyway, this post probably explains why I'm still a bachelor, though I've been with a number of beautiful women in my time, lol. Now I've lost my youthful charm---it fell off a truck about a million miles back---and it's not so easy to find women who aren't fully programmed by Hollywood & the media, pffffft. I have a heart of gold and I was once a poet, but none of that means anything anymore, it's all about the Almighty Dollar. You can thank dirty globalist swine for the continued assault upon traditional family values, same way you can thank 'em for somehow portraying kids and adult children who live with their parents as losers, EVEN THOUGH THIS HAPPENS ACROSS THE GLOBE WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS. Only in America do the globalist swine harp on it, because they think they can get away with it... the DIRTY SWINE.

Enough said, my parents are both dead and have been for years, so I'm definitely on my own NOW, lol... I wonder if any of those shallow sand crabs on the beach in Coronado would look at me now, since I own my home free & clear? My car too, but it ain't no Lamborghini, just a 20-year-old Toyota Camry 4-banger, lol... not exactly the definitive mark of heller financial success in this Brave New Fraudulent Third World. But I reckon a family of illegal immigrants would consider it a roomy coach, same way they live 50 to an apartment Stateside, lol. I guess the dirty globalist swine haven't yet figured out a way to bash Americans for driving crummy foreign cars, AYE? Or maybe they have, with the Green New Deal, PFFFFFFT. Just another boondoggle to put billions into the pockets of scumbag politicians and their cronies... same BS, different day. ;)

P.S. I really need to stop insulting pigs that way, compared to globalist scum they are actually far superior animals.

Last edited:

• BBL - Be Back Later
  • BBS - Be Back Soon
  • BEG - Big Evil Grin
  • BRB - Be Right Back
  • BTW - By The Way
  • EG - Evil Grin
  • IDK - I Don't Know
  • IMO - In My Opinion
  • IRL - In Real Life
  • LMK - Let Me Know
  • OMG - Oh My God
  • SMH - Shaking My Head
OMG dude? LOL N00b! WT* U dnt spk t3h leet ROFL IRL IMO anybody spk this way=retard TTYL BEG.
Sorry, I used to help run a gamer forum. I wonder what those little 14 year old B*tards sound like in real life 15 years later?

You are not going to change this from happening so you might as well let it go.
I occasionally have to stop and look up something but most of the time I just ignore it and move on.

Good trade, and being family eliminates the freeloader definition, you can only freeload off of strangers.

My dad exited the same way. :confused:
Ok. I'm still on a rant. :confused:
Some people here that live by themselves need to be thinking about who will be taking care of them when they get too old to take care of themselves.
(the ones that aren't going to be hit by a truck like @Wingnut ;))
It's wonderful to think: "they'll just stick me in a nursing home:)".
No, Medicare don't pay for that:confused:.
Sure, you can pay your own way; $85,000 per year will get you barely above slum-level.
I know this is a forbidden topic that we are not supposed to talk about, but I haven't been in trouble for a while.:rolleyes:
Maybe spreading a rumor about the huge wealth the person that sees you thru to the end will receive from your estate, isn't such a bad idea.:thumbs:
What? You didn't hear about all the oil wells I own? ;)

Last edited:
Some people here that live by themselves need to be thinking about who will be taking care of them when they get too old to take care of themselves.
(the ones that aren't going to be hit by a truck like @Wingnut )
Sure, you can pay your own way; $85,000 per year will get you barely above slum-level.
I know this is a forbidden topic that we are not supposed to talk about, but I haven't been in trouble for a while.:rolleyes:
Maybe spreading a rumor about the huge wealth the person that sees you thru to the end will receive from your estate, isn't such a bad idea.:thumbs:

ObamaCare at its FINEST, lol... :oops:

And I have NIGERIAN OIL WELLS, which will surely trump your Gulf Coast oil wells, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

Wait a minute... if you're IMMOBILE, how can you POSSIBLY go on a HIKE? Is this a trick post or question? :oops:
Even if he can get that far with his walker, I would prefer your Mack truck. :)
What he is talking about would take longer than a week.
(Wish I hadda bought Nigerian oil wells when I could:rolleyes:).
Edit: I fed the guinea pig. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Even if he can get that far with his walker, I would prefer your Mack truck. :)
What he is talking about would take longer than a week.
(Wish I hadda bought Nigerian oil wells when I could:rolleyes:).
Edit: I fed the guinea pig. :thumbs:

YOU FUNNEH... AND HOW DO YA KNOW IT'S A BULLDOG??? THERE ARE OTHER MAKES. ;)

I just found out from my son my oldest granddaughter in her second year of high School has a 0.3 gpa. No I did not get that backwards. I thanked him for the update and said I no longer feel any guilt about spending her college money to buy tangible assets. She lives with her mother out of state and apparently out of our influence.

I just found out from my son my oldest granddaughter in her second year of high School has a 0.3 gpa. No I did not get that backwards. I thanked him for the update and said I no longer feel any guilt about spending her college money to buy tangible assets. She lives with her mother out of state and apparently out of our influence.
Sad and scary about what her future is going to be.

YOU FUNNEH... AND HOW DO YA KNOW IT'S A BULLDOG??? THERE ARE OTHER MAKES. ;)
Yeah I know, I worked on all of them. But when somebody gets hit by a semi, they always say: "He got run over by a Mack-truck! :oops:".
Here's your scooter after the guy makes it painless:
image.jpg

(not a Mack, but that is what they said)
Suicide by truck?:dunno: Likely.

(the ones that aren't going to be hit by a truck like @Wingnut ;))

That is a concern for us. We have no kids so that well could become an issue for that

That is a concern for us. We have no kids so that well could become an issue for that
Start thinking about it. Maybe take a really good person under your wing early.
Stepdaughter will take care of my wife so we are good.
I won't be a problem because I smoke and drink beer everyday :rolleyes:.
Heck, I ain't even supposed to be here today...
Supposed to die of colon-cancer at 65 like my 2 brothers did, but being a hard-head I got my polyps clipped not once, but twice! :oops:
Down yonder the red guy with the horns is mad that he still has an empty chair 👺.

Last edited:
Start thinking about it. Maybe take a really good person under your wing early.
Stepdaughter will take care of my wife so we are good.
I won't be a problem because I smoke and drink beer everyday.
Heck, I ain't even supposed to be here today...
Supposed to die of colon-cancer at 65 like my 2 brothers did, but being a hard-head I got my polyps clipped not once, but twice! :oops:
Down yonder the red guy with the horns is mad that he still has an empty chair 👺.

I've been thinking about it for some time now. We have maybe a couple options. But when it comes down to it????????

I've been thinking about it for some time now. We have maybe a couple options. But when it comes down to it????????
Get you some Nigerian oil wells! :thumbs:
(they only have to exist on paper, but you gotta make 'em look really nice!:D)
Just edit this one with photoshop:
2011-07-02_044712_scan_002.jpg

Last edited:
Well, hey, we had my mom live with us and it lasted 4 months. She wanted out. She tried independent living at Mennonite Manor (her pick) and did ok for 5 yrs. Had to move her to assisted living, and it's great. She loves it. Husbands and wives (and widows) are there. For her level of care, it's $3500 a month. All food made for her, housekeeping, laundry, nurse 24/7, medical checks, hair dresser. And her two bedroom apartment is very nice. Thankfully she has the money to pay it herself every month. She's almost 90. So that's one option. The medical side of the place is $8K a month. That would drain her funds quick. I'd hate to leave our place, and hope we don't have to.

Well, hey, we had my mom live with us and it lasted 4 months. She wanted out. She tried independent living at Mennonite Manor (her pick) and did ok for 5 yrs. Had to move her to assisted living, and it's great. She loves it. Husbands and wives (and widows) are there. For her level of care, it's $3500 a month. All food made for her, housekeeping, laundry, nurse 24/7, medical checks, hair dresser. And her two bedroom apartment is very nice. Thankfully she has the money to pay it herself every month. She's almost 90. So that's one option. The medical side of the place is $8K a month. That would drain her funds quick. I'd hate to leave our place, and hope we don't have to.
Thank you for sharing the wonderful story.
So many people don't even think about this.
The $3500 per month would buy you the nicest Corvette out there. :oops:
We're gonna ignore the $8K per month in medical bills for now and pretend that Medicare magically covers all that.:rolleyes:

Any bachelor preppers out there? Are you prepped for this?
Yes, it is real, and it happens every day.:confused:
Guess how estates vanish?

Last edited:
Yep, her estate will vanish if she lives a long time. One of my grandma's favorite cousins lived to 105. Died just a couple years ago, and still carried on a conversation. Mom will be 90 this year. I have a sister who is ticked because she would like a lot of money left over so she can have some. And she actually said that she needs some of it now. Not happening. That 8K figure will not be taken care of by Medicare. So, as long as she lives in the assisted living that she is in, she can afford it for many years, and she likes it. How it works here in Kansas....you have to exhaust all of your own funds, then it will be paid for by Kancares. I have an uncle and aunt and they are in the medical side, 98 yrs old and 96. Kancares covers their bills.

Yep, her estate will vanish if she lives a long time. One of my grandma's favorite cousins lived to 105. Died just a couple years ago, and still carried on a conversation. Mom will be 90 this year. I have a sister who is ticked because she would like a lot of money left over so she can have some. And she actually said that she needs some of it now. Not happening. That 8K figure will not be taken care of by Medicare. So, as long as she lives in the assisted living that she is in, she can afford it for many years, and she likes it. How it works here in Kansas....you have to exhaust all of your own funds, then it will be paid for by Kancares. I have an uncle and aunt and they are in the medical side, 98 yrs old and 96. Kancares covers their bills.
They will be ok, but medicare and social security are going down fast. Won't be long before any helpful programs will be gone!! Just more that our lovely corrupt government is taking from us!!

Latest posts

Back