Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while... (*cracks knuckles)
These worthless human scum and their robotic allies who, beginning right about 8:00 start calling me about:
A: Benefits I already have.
B: Benefits I can't have.
C: Timeshares I never had.
D: Bills I never made and not even in my name. (FOR THE 20TH TIME THAT IS NOT HOW I SPELL MY NAME! YES, I'M SURE!)
Oh, and the burial insurance and free Covid test kits, can't forget that crap! it got so bad they were actually calling over each other one day! Hence, I disabled my ringer, the light still blinks, but if I'm farther away than 10 feet, screw it. (Office phone.)
Ever notice these feces-munching losers either speak like an auctioneer or someone from the middle east/India I made one mad as hell one day by speaking German, it took him five minutes to figure out I was talking about his mother and what was done with her in a romance dumpster behind the beer joint. I told him in Spanish too, then I laughed at him for being such a XXXX that he couldn't find a real job and had to hassle retired and elderly people for a lousy ten bucks an hour! Then I made fun of his mother some more until he hung up AND I'LL BE DIPPED IN XXXX IF HE DIDN'T CALL ME AGAIN NEXT DAY! Oh, and I love it when they try to spoof me! I'll have them rage-quitting in five minutes or less. if you want to hear vulgarity reminiscent of a 70s black comedian, wake me up before noon and try to sell me useless crap disguised as somebody I know! I love to put on a fake Indian accent and act like I'm gender bent or worse, I ask what color panties they have on and if they ever swallowed a pledge can, then talk crap about their family living in a delivery van eating a can of beans for dinner. I ask nonsense about religion, how they swing, you get the idea, stuff that would make a drunk DI feel uncomfortable! IF they haven't slammed the phone down by now, I ask what their wife charges by the hour for biker parties and if they want to sell any relatives into slavery. I hate these guys, can you tell?

WALL SCONCE CANDLE HOLDER​

SKU: 102535
In Stock
5.0 star rating2 Reviews

Write a review
QUANTITY

or 4 interest-free payments of $4.50 with
Sezzle

Hang candles on wall for extra light

This classic tin wall sconce hangs neatly on a nail to elevate the burning candle and cast extra light throughout your room. It sits prettily on a shelf or mantel, too. Hand-made with crimped halo at top. Lehman's Best Candles fit perfectly in holder. We recommend the 6" candles (shown). Sconce is 10"Hx3 1/2"W. Handmade so dimensions vary slightly.

This is what I got.

Wife had a few of her girl friends over for lunch. On my way out I overheard the wife tell her friends how she LOVES being a “stay at home” wiife. So I stuck my head in the dining room to say, “Then why don’t you?”

Wife: Why don‘t I what?

Me: Stay home!
I know that being a stay at home mom has some benefits, but I don't think it is all that it is cracked up to be. Working while being a mother of young children is stressful and hard work, especially if you have little to no support at home. I was a stay at home mom for about a year, while daughter was an infant.

I am so grateful that I worked and can now have a retirement income.

I recently had a conversation with someone who said she was a stay at home Mom. Her ex husband was a trust funder, so neither of them worked much. He's written a couple books. She worked as an assistant in a school classroom for a couple years and then was a therapist who had an office and also rarely worked there. She probably lost money on that. She has no retirement income or potential source for it! None! And as someone who has gotten money from her divorce and inheritance from her parents, she has lived a life of leisure. When you have nothing to do, and some money, what do you do? Spend money and find reasons to spend money. Then there was the sale of the 2.4 million dollar home, and said person is almost out of money in less than two years. But she has traveled to Europe in this period of time!

I know several women who were stay at home wives but now that they are of retirement age, have very little money. One's husband had a retirement program in a business that went broke, and he literally lost his retirement from working there for 20 years. She inherited a few $100k from her sister, and that money is almost gone. They also lost their home, due to spending money they didn't have on things they didn't need. "I'll depend on God to take care of me." IMHO, God expects us to be good stewards of our resources, including our money!

You're right. You know that thing in everyones head that regulates what is better not said? Mines busted. It was a truefull statement, just better if I hadn't verbalized it.
Been there! When a group of people call something a Bible study, but they are not studying from the Bible, because "only pastors should be teaching from the Bible," call it what it is, a BOOK study. I tried to correct someone who called it a Bible study, by saying "Book study" and immediately regretted it. But, somehow, the thought got through to them and they are now studying Ephesians, not books written by people of questionable teachings.

vehicles! Tacoma is in the shop for replacement frame. Springs broke, both sides. 2011 and older covered on bad springs, but not 2012 made in 2011. Oh, and about 10,000 in additional repairs and replacements. Had it undercoated when I bought it new. Thank you, Toyota for quality and thanks NY for salt.
If I had to pay for the frame and labor, plus everything else, the total bill would be approaching what the truck cost new.
Glad I got my tires at the end of the year. Sounds like they’ve gone crazy in price.
Get a horse, they say…..

Last edited:
Hubby is working on the brakes of the car. Rear pads, rotors and calipers are close to$1000.00. If we paid shop prices it would be crazy.

He was po'd when we picked up the new calipers today. To buy them, we had to pay $250 each +$130.00 each for recycling.

He didn't want to recycle them, the plan was to refurbush them himself for a spare set. If we don't return the old calipers for recycling, we are out $260.00! To buy the new calipers, we must pay the recycling fee up front.

That's theft. Those are supposed to be our calipers and we should be able to keep them for free.

Oh, for icing on the cake, if a caliper is broken, they keep the $130.00.

Last edited:
Watching commercials for HIV treatment where the guys say:
"With Dovato, I can stay undetectable".
And them saying: "... patients can no longer transmit HIV thru sex :)".
If I made a pill and no matter how much booze you drank, you wouldn't fail a breathalyzer test, would I be a millionaire? :dunno:
Would you be a safe driver? No.

Last edited:
Well, y'all know I'm not one to rant, so I reckon I'll just call this an "observation." I have a gnat infestation going on here at the ol' hacienda... for some reason, hordes of gnats are being generated by some dying weeds beneath certain windows of my home. The ground out there is covered in gnats, and the goldurned insects somehow find their way into the storm windows... I suppose the window seals just aren't secure enough to prevent access. The windows still do their job as far as preventing too much loss of cold air from the A/C, but the gnats get in and then seem to multiply. Eventually, they find their way inside my home... there's one crawling on my computer screen as I key this post. 😒

Now, this happened earlier in the year, but it didn't last too long, only a few days, and then the gnats seemed to die off... but they're back like unwanted house guests and they're starting to annoy me, lol. I don't like using poison in my own home, for all the obvious reasons (including the cats), so I'm hoping this infestation ends soon. I reckon I'll start by clearing those dead or dying weeds tomorrow morning, using the flamethrower... dunno why those weeds figure into this equation, but they seem to do so. I suppose I should be happy that the infestation does NOT involve wasps, hornets, ants, scorpions, rattlers, etc., but even a gnat can be annoying (when accompanied by ten thousand relatives). 😕

Oh, well, this is where Zen Buddhist principles come in handy... these gnats only live so long, and this is their time to shine. Too bad most of 'em will live their short lives in the desolate water-free environment of my closed storm windows, crawling around until they're toast... some will make it indoors, to die under the light in my room (they accumulate in the plastic light cover or fixture, whatever it's called). I hope that weed removal will alleviate the problem, they only seem to congregate around one type of weed. Has anybody here ever dealt with this problem, as far as weeds go? Why are these gnats attracted to these weeds? Are the weeds handing out free beer or what? I'm at a loss to explain things here... 😬

Anyway, I'm enjoying a cold beer despite the gnat infestation... if any gnats get in my beer, I'll just file 'em under "Additional Protein & Fiber!" If this infestation keeps up, I'll be spittin' out gnats like some cartoon character, lol... whoa, one gnat just croaked on my keyboard dash, that was weird. Didn't hit him or anything, the little dude just gave up the ghost. Now, if I were Magus, I'd man up, chop these dead gnats with a razor blade and cut my cocaine with 'em, lol. Just kidding, Magus! I still luv ya! LOL. Guess I'll get back to my cold beer, which probably has 50 dead gnats in it by now... perhaps a few live ones doing the backstroke. Meh, I reckon there are worse things than gnat infestations on this planet, 10-4? The fraudulent & corrupt Biden Crime Family, for example... 🤔

HERE ARE A COUPLE OF LINKS TO INSECT-RELATED 'TALES FROM THE ROAD!' ENJOY! LOL... 😎

Salt Lake Skeeter Saga

The $300 Gnat

P.S. HEY, AT LEAST I'M NOT DRIVING THE BIG TRUCK WHILE DEALING WITH THESE GNATS, LOL... :thumbs:

Last edited:
Well, y'all know I'm not one to rant, so I reckon I'll just call this an "observation." I have a gnat infestation going on here at the ol' hacienda... for some reason, hordes of gnats are being generated by some dying weeds beneath certain windows of my home. The ground out there is covered in gnats, and the goldurned insects somehow find their way into the storm windows... I suppose the window seals just aren't secure enough to prevent access. The windows still do their job as far as preventing too much loss of cold air from the A/C, but the gnats get in and then seem to multiply. Eventually, they find their way inside my home... there's one crawling on my computer screen as I key this post. 😒

Now, this happened earlier in the year, but it didn't last too long, only a few days, and then the gnats seemed to die off... but they're back like unwanted house guests and they're starting to annoy me, lol. I don't like using poison in my own home, for all the obvious reasons (including the cats), so I'm hoping this infestation ends soon. I reckon I'll start by clearing those dead or dying weeds tomorrow morning, using the flamethrower... dunno why those weeds figure into this equation, but they seem to do so. I suppose I should be happy that the infestation does NOT involve wasps, hornets, ants, scorpions, rattlers, etc., but even a gnat can be annoying (when accompanied by ten thousand relatives). 😕

Oh, well, this is where Zen Buddhist principles come in handy... these gnats only live so long, and this is their time to shine. Too bad most of 'em will live their short lives in the desolate water-free environment of my closed storm windows, crawling around until they're toast... some will make it indoors, to die under the light in my room (they accumulate in the plastic light cover or fixture, whatever it's called). I hope that weed removal will alleviate the problem, they only seem to congregate around one type of weed. Has anybody here ever dealt with this problem, as far as weeds go? Why are these gnats attracted to these weeds? Are the weeds handing out free beer or what? I'm at a loss to explain things here... 😬

Anyway, I'm enjoying a cold beer despite the gnat infestation... if any gnats get in my beer, I'll just file 'em under "Additional Protein & Fiber!" If this infestation keeps up, I'll be spittin' out gnats like some cartoon character, lol... whoa, one gnat just croaked on my keyboard dash, that was weird. Didn't hit him or anything, the little dude just gave up the ghost. Now, if I were Magus, I'd man up, chop these dead gnats with a razor blade and cut my cocaine with 'em, lol. Just kidding, Magus! I still luv ya! LOL. Guess I'll get back to my cold beer, which probably has 50 dead gnats in it by now... perhaps a few live ones doing the backstroke. Meh, I reckon there are worse things than gnat infestations on this planet, 10-4? The fraudulent & corrupt Biden Crime Family, for example... 🤔

HERE ARE A COUPLE OF LINKS TO INSECT-RELATED 'TALES FROM THE ROAD!' ENJOY! LOL... 😎

Salt Lake Skeeter Saga

The $300 Gnat

P.S. HEY, AT LEAST I'M NOT DRIVING THE BIG TRUCK WHILE DEALING WITH THESE GNATS, LOL... :thumbs:
I could send you some of our Miller Moth invasion if you'd like, but they don't stay outside. They go to lights and hide in dark crevices. I had one crawl up under my shirt yesterday and I didn't realize it until I scratched an itch and made crumbs out of it, under my shirt. Oh, yuck!
I do not go after them to get rid of them and kill them. Live and let live, they just don't bother me like they do other people.

Watching commercials for HIV treatment where the guys say:
"With Dovato, I can stay undetectable".
And them saying: "... patients can no longer transmit HIV thru sex :)".
If I made a pill and no matter how much booze you drank, you wouldn't fail a breathalyzer test, would I be a millionaire? :dunno:
Would you be a safe driver? No.
Oh yeah, that crap pees me off!! Not cool!!

Property insurance. Doubled! From couple of years ago.

Jack booted thugs? It's so hard for me to pay for something that I have never used. And likely will never use? But you have this little alarm in the back of your head "what if?". Catastrophic loss? Insurance company would probably find a loop hole in that 22 page fine print packet they sent me.

Didn't read the whole thing. Who does? To paraphrase " send us lots of money that we justify with runaway inflation. Should you submit a cause for a loss? Forget about it because it was god-caused and we don't cover that. You only paid for the false sense of security that allowed you to sleep for all those years we collected your robotic payments. Thanks for not letting your policy lapse. Here's your reward "another rate increase"!

How to repel skeeters n Gnats:
Hang up or clip to your person an unused drier softener sheet, they won't go near it!
Folks don't need to do that - they already over use dryer sheets and fabric softener to the point sometimes I "politely" open the office door for fresh air because their toxic fumes (dryer sheets/fab sft) are choking me.
Basil also repels skeeters and isn't toxic 😁 Happens to be delicious so you might start gnawing on your own arm 😂

Property insurance. Doubled! From couple of years ago.

Jack booted thugs? It's so hard for me to pay for something that I have never used. And likely will never use? But you have this little alarm in the back of your head "what if?". Catastrophic loss? Insurance company would probably find a loop hole in that 22 page fine print packet they sent me.

Didn't read the whole thing. Who does? To paraphrase " send us lots of money that we justify with runaway inflation. Should you submit a cause for a loss? Forget about it because it was god-caused and we don't cover that. You only paid for the false sense of security that allowed you to sleep for all those years we collected your robotic payments. Thanks for not letting your policy lapse. Here's your reward "another rate increase"!
It stinks. But as you say, what if. That one time when you might need it….. Unless you could rebuild or replace yourself, or could count on a community showing up for you, we’re stuck.
If my insurance doubles, though, I might take a chance. Two small claims in all the years I’ve been here- they definitely have made profit on us.

The heat has been getting to me. I had to get something from the truck & it exhausted me within less than a minute. Low energy & feeling tired and not able to do any yardwork bc I can't take the heat.

Discovered that my corner grab bar shelf won't fit with the wallset up because the side piece wraps around the corner and has too much of a curve. Bummer. Will find another place/use for it and figure out how to add some sort of storage there.

Misplaced the little paint brushes I got and had to buy more. Also lost my flashlight in the tub somewhere.

The roller covers for the paint roller I got were absolute garbage and left a really rough texture on the boards I painted. I'll have to sand them and do another coat with better roller covers.

The heat has been getting to me. I had to get something from the truck & it exhausted me within less than a minute. Low energy & feeling tired and not able to do any yardwork bc I can't take the heat.

Discovered that my corner grab bar shelf won't fit with the wallset up because the side piece wraps around the corner and has too much of a curve. Bummer. Will find another place/use for it and figure out how to add some sort of storage there.

Misplaced the little paint brushes I got and had to buy more. Also lost my flashlight in the tub somewhere.

The roller covers for the paint roller I got were absolute garbage and left a really rough texture on the boards I painted. I'll have to sand them and do another coat with better roller covers.
Y'all get a lot of humidity! I would rather it be 110° and 10% humidity than 80° and 80% humidity!!

Latest posts

Back