Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMC, I'm sorry you are going through that. Is there any way you can appeal to a higher up about the situation with the groping co-worker? I know, you might not have the energy to fight them on it, but if he hurts you or someone else then they can be held liable. I have several nurse friends and one told me about a doctor she worked with who was notorious for groping & harassing nurses. He got reported but the hospital wouldn't do anything, but the nurses made a pact that they would never let a woman be alone with him so they always had 2 nurses in a room with him and always had someone present so he would never be alone with female patients. Anyway, it really sucks that you have to go through that and that working more means you are getting less $. It really doesn't make sense but that is how the world works now.

"Skunk off!" I like that one. LOL.

Had different stomach issues yesterday. Puked so hard I saw stars. Stomach hurt all the way through to my back. Felt like I was having mini muscle spasms in my back-- super tense. Stomach felt like the muscles were pulling themselves apart. I felt awful. Gravy Jones heard me puking and started panicking & hollering at me through the door. When I came out he followed me around. Itsy climbed on me and licked my forehead and purred to comfort me. I curled up in a ball and cats piled on. Didn't get anything done. Trash spilled on the floor & I wasn't feeling well enough to pick it back up.

I contacted the seller about my lost package at USPS and they asked for my address to send a replacement. Another package I ordered on the 3rd hasn't even been shipped yet and it was supposed to arrive today. At least my samsclub order shipped. It's supposed to arrive Friday.

You've got me so paranoid on my package deliveries Z!

Honestly, I've hundreds, maybe thousands of deliveries here, using FedEx, Prime, UPS, private medicine deliveries, but never had one problem. I guess I'll consider myself lucky?

I just ordered a 4K front and rear camera system for my car thru Amazon. Suppose to be delivered here on Sunday. Let's hope that goes thru ok?

My rant is do I place the camera in my current car, or save it for if I purchase a new car next month?

And I'm not going to attack a mentally disabled man
A retard can hurt you just as badly as a regular man, an insane man will hurt you WORSE!
Knock the fairy's teeth out already!
I'm one day going to buy a home in new york because I like the city life.
Don't expect me to tag along. that place is hell on earth to people like me and you know it!

You've got me so paranoid on my package deliveries Z!

Honestly, I've hundreds, maybe thousands of deliveries here, using FedEx, Prime, UPS, private medicine deliveries, but never had one problem. I guess I'll consider myself lucky?

I just ordered a 4K front and rear camera system for my car thru Amazon. Suppose to be delivered here on Sunday. Let's hope that goes thru ok?

My rant is do I place the camera in my current car, or save it for if I purchase a new car next month?
Save it.

I've been running into more and more stores that want to take my drivers license and run it through their machine when I buy alcohol. Uh, NO! I'll gladly show you my DL so that you can make sure I'm at least 21, as if the streaks of grey hair didn't give it away.....but I'm not giving you my DL to swipe through the machine! I pay cash for it and there's a reason for that. I don't want or need the store to know I'm buying alcohol. They finally relented and let me purchase without having to slide the card, but I'm really annoyed at the push into complete automation. I would've walked out of the store if she had not relented and magically found a way to process my transaction without the swipe.

I agree.
When gas prices climb, vehicle prices tumble.
If you read the "futures" info I posted in the 'what are you paying for gas' thread, it will soon be a great time to shop for a car. :thumbs:
Oh, and BTW, the 'administration' has used all their bullets from the SPR, so they can't fix it before November:oops:.
...Oh, and Joe yapping yesterday about shutting down all drilling on the east & west coasts, and the gulf, are going to make for a good time to car-shop.:)
(notice I didn't say: "would be just throwing gasoline on the fire", which would be a bad pun😜)

Last edited:
Havasu, if its any consolation, I have inordinately bad luck. Like the only student in my college who got the misprinted textbook kind of luck. I once got a package over a year late because it got stuck in the bottom of the mailbox and a year later they decided to clean it out and found it. It was a gift from a family friend for my graduation. I've also had packages that arrived flattened with tire tracks on them.

Got e-mail notification from Samsclub this morning that my order was "out for delivery". Clicked the link to "carrier page" and it took me to Fedex. It said no estimated delivery date on their official page. They can skunk off!

At least the amazon seller that is resending my lost item said they would use UPS (I told them USPS doesn't deliver to my home and Fedex gives me trouble but that UPS seems to be OK, so they said they would use UPS at no extra charge to me).

Gas is still around 3.33 a gallon here on full-service non-ethanol. My dear old Texaco gas station-owning dad would crap if he knew I was using Mobil, but Texaco is extinct around here.
Pluck Obama gas and Pluck Joe Biden. they be chickens yo.

Package rant! Have a package coming via USPS, from Houston, made it to Ft. Worth two days ago. Made it that same day to my local PO. Tracking now shows it went to CHICAGO, and this morning has left Chicago in route to Ft. Worth!! Which I guess is fine since I haven't received mail in almost TWO WEEKS since there are not enough carriers to do my route!!🙄🙄🙄

I've been running into more and more stores that want to take my drivers license and run it through their machine when I buy alcohol. Uh, NO! I'll gladly show you my DL so that you can make sure I'm at least 21, as if the streaks of grey hair didn't give it away.....but I'm not giving you my DL to swipe through the machine! I pay cash for it and there's a reason for that. I don't want or need the store to know I'm buying alcohol. They finally relented and let me purchase without having to slide the card, but I'm really annoyed at the push into complete automation. I would've walked out of the store if she had not relented and magically found a way to process my transaction without the swipe.
Yeah I just made a call and cranky email to Safeway corporate. I will shop elsewhere.

At least I don't have to work out in the sun but the ac is down in most of the building where I work, it is a mostly open floor plan. Wiped out when I get home, as is everyone else. We'll be closing a little earlier, I hope until it is cool enough to work comfortably. People come in and don't want to stay long. They ask if we know it is hot in there. :rolleyes: Only in the upper 80s with no humidity control and in some areas hitting 90. Plus some of the tech stuff is going haywire.
Nope, lol sure didn't notice it was hot in here...you can medicate crazy, you can educate dumb, but you can't fix stupid

Package rant! Have a package coming via USPS, from Houston, made it to Ft. Worth two days ago. Made it that same day to my local PO. Tracking now shows it went to CHICAGO, and this morning has left Chicago in route to Ft. Worth!! Which I guess is fine since I haven't received mail in almost TWO WEEKS since there are not enough carriers to do my route!!🙄🙄🙄
We have that, where we do not get any mail for several days. And then I see my mail carrier out after 7 at night, still delivering mail. I asked him about it. If someone doesn't show up to work, other carriers are expected to deliver mail on those routes. I'm okay if I don't get mail for a couple days, but it is interesting when I read that someone didn't get any mail for two days in a row in another neighborhood! Oh, boo hoo for them. My mail carrier tells me he regularly works at least 70 hours a week. I'd bet his feet are tired and sore.

We have that, where we do not get any mail for several days. And then I see my mail carrier out after 7 at night, still delivering mail. I asked him about it. If someone doesn't show up to work, other carriers are expected to deliver mail on those routes. I'm okay if I don't get mail for a couple days, but it is interesting when I read that someone didn't get any mail for two days in a row in another neighborhood! Oh, boo hoo for them. My mail carrier tells me he regularly works at least 70 hours a week. I'd bet his feet are tired and sore.
When we get substitute carriers some of them skip our little dead end road. Our regular mail lady was back today, must have been on vacation. We got mail today. I would not want that job!!

Noticed a dent above my front fender and slightly on the fender on the passenger side of my truck. Looks like someone had something sticking out and slammed it into my truck somehow. Not sure when it happened. I'm hoping the dent can be popped out, but there is also some gouging.

The Samsclub orders finally arrived. Driver dumped them on the very end of the sidewalk far away from the house, but given the heat, I can forgive them for it. UPS delivered a package to my door the same day.

Still have a UPS package and some USPS ones that should arrive tomorrow.

I've been feeling dizzy off and on the last few days. I think its the heat. It has me too exhausted to do anything.

Discovered that the freezer on the backup fridge is icing up and leaking water (it is not hooked to water) on the floor. The main upright freezer is doing the same. And now it looks like there may be a leak under the kitchen sink. The bottom of the cabinet looks severely damaged and its wet but I can't squeeze in to figure out where its leaking from. But mostly I'm frustrated from being exhausted and having no energy to do anything. I need to do more cleaning but just walking across the house makes me want to go back to sleep.

Not sure how much longer the truck I have will last before it needs to be replaced. Bluebook value on it in better condition is only $10k now. Need to get the paint fixed, get the dent out, get the front right fender re-aligned, get the rear bumper replaced (Mom backed into a tree bc she didn't use the backup camera). The backup camera is great though. I also like the side cameras that let you see things when you put your indicator on. I'd love that feature.

Noticed a dent above my front fender and slightly on the fender on the passenger side of my truck. Looks like someone had something sticking out and slammed it into my truck somehow. Not sure when it happened. I'm hoping the dent can be popped out, but there is also some gouging.

The Samsclub orders finally arrived. Driver dumped them on the very end of the sidewalk far away from the house, but given the heat, I can forgive them for it. UPS delivered a package to my door the same day.

Still have a UPS package and some USPS ones that should arrive tomorrow.

I've been feeling dizzy off and on the last few days. I think its the heat. It has me too exhausted to do anything.

Discovered that the freezer on the backup fridge is icing up and leaking water (it is not hooked to water) on the floor. The main upright freezer is doing the same. And now it looks like there may be a leak under the kitchen sink. The bottom of the cabinet looks severely damaged and its wet but I can't squeeze in to figure out where its leaking from. But mostly I'm frustrated from being exhausted and having no energy to do anything. I need to do more cleaning but just walking across the house makes me want to go back to sleep.

Not sure how much longer the truck I have will last before it needs to be replaced. Bluebook value on it in better condition is only $10k now. Need to get the paint fixed, get the dent out, get the front right fender re-aligned, get the rear bumper replaced (Mom backed into a tree bc she didn't use the backup camera). The backup camera is great though. I also like the side cameras that let you see things when you put your indicator on. I'd love that feature.
Hopefully you get some rest and feel better soon

Latest posts

Back