Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironing is a lot like fishing, you just have to get all Zen with it and it gets fun, like mowing or brushing the cat.
What is this "Ironing" you speak of? Insert sarcasm tag here. My clothes look like me, all wrinkled and saggy :p

What is this "Ironing" you speak of? Insert sarcasm tag here. My clothes look like me, all wrinkled and saggy :p
I've tried it before, it's just not my thing! I know people who are perpetual ironers, the board is always set up ready to go!🤔 I like napping better!!

I hate sitting in the recliner and hearing "Dave, I need you for bandages". She tried to hug a cat that didn't want to be hugged, bandages and vet wrap. No arterial damage, no sutures, just flesh wounds.

My package that was coming USPS last week 🙄, is getting closer. It originated in Houston, went to Ft. Worth, ended up in Chicago! Made it to Kansas City, then back to Chicago 🤔🙄! It's back in Ft. Worth this morning, so maybe, just maybe I will get my package this week!!????

"IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!!!" 🤣

I hate sitting in the recliner and hearing "Dave, I need you for bandages". She tried to hug a cat that didn't want to be hugged, bandages and vet wrap. No arterial damage, no sutures, just flesh wounds.
At least she didn't come over and bleed on the recliner!!😉

My package that was coming USPS last week 🙄, is getting closer. It originated in Houston, went to Ft. Worth, ended up in Chicago! Made it to Kansas City, then back to Chicago 🤔🙄! It's back in Ft. Worth this morning, so maybe, just maybe I will get my package this week!!????
Are you transitioning? I haven't heard anyone spend that much time about checking their package. 😂

Thanks Chesney & Shawn. I need to find my bp checking machine. It's around somewhere.

Feeling a little better today but its still too hot for me. Friend is really feeling awful between the heat and the meds.

Mom just called to complain to me that she got a letter in the mail with a photo of the CRV and a notice that on Aug 2nd it was clocked going 55mph in a 45mph zone and that there is a $200 fine. My brother was driving then. No contesting tickets here. If you contest the judge just gives you a higher fine, court fees, and 3 months probation (at $50/month fee) if you don't just pay the fine. This is like the 7th ticket he's gotten in the last several months. He doesn't care that it causes insurance premiums to go up. He needs to get his truck fixed and start using it instead so he can take the hit to his own insurance.

Also, the freezers are full of his food for him to cook. He started eating something that I use for cooking meals for Mom and myself and I went to get some of it and it was almost gone. Had to make an unexpected trip to the store to stock up and asked him not to eat so much of it. His response was that its "really the ONLY thing" for him to eat in the house. I did not have the energy to tell him he was full of crap. It's not just that he eats stuff, its that he eats it in large quantities and doesn't leave enough for us. But he somehow thinks he's justified in eating everything in sight and then whining about not having enough to eat. He needs to start buying his own damn food. He has a whole apartment style fridge in his room. He can start putting his crap in there and leave out stuff alone. Of course, that will never happen, but its frustrating.

He can't even open the fridge door bc there's so much trash in his room. He keeps kicking trash from his room out into the hallway and Mom has started opening his door and kicking the trash right back in. Eventually I'm going to have to go in there and clean the trash out bc its already a tripping hazard & we all know he's not going to do it.

Dude needs to grow up... it sucks being an enabler! :(
I agree. Mom needs to stop handing him the keys to her car.
She would be amazed how fast he can get his truck fixed:thumbs:.

havasu, Louisiana does a LOT of things that are not legally allowed. Like not letting people have attorneys. Not letting defendants bring evidence to their own trials. Having probation for misdemeanors. They even built a new shed directly next to the Oberlin school for the "Misdemeanor Probation Office" and they regularly give probation for minor traffic tickets. I was in the courtroom when they were sentencing people who came in to contest the tickets. Louisiana ranks dead last on criminal justice system in the country. Cameras/recording devices are prohibited from courtrooms (at least the ones we've gone to in our area) so people can't record proceedings and I don't even know if they have a stenoographer. The system is a very unfunny joke. Total clown show.

Also, the cops will lie about people speeding and there is no way to contest it. Came across this article while trying to find out if speed cameras were even legal: How Louisiana Perfected the Speed Trap

Apparently there is a speed trap where the limit drops from 65 to 45 without warning. Its supposed to be illegal. They are supposed to have warning signs but they don't. I've driven by there and had to remember where those spots are. The minimum fine for any speeding caught by camera is $160. Not sure how they arrived at the $200.

Our friend is supposed to do some work on the truck, but we'll have to find time when he's well enough and its not too damn hot to be outside. Needs new motor mounts, needs battery put in, figure out why battery keeps draining, and fix the rear driver side door so it shuts properly. I think it has some other issues but I'm not sure. Oh, needs AC fixed.

havasu, Louisiana does a LOT of things that are not legally allowed. Like not letting people have attorneys. Not letting defendants bring evidence to their own trials. Having probation for misdemeanors. They even built a new shed directly next to the Oberlin school for the "Misdemeanor Probation Office" and they regularly give probation for minor traffic tickets. I was in the courtroom when they were sentencing people who came in to contest the tickets. Louisiana ranks dead last on criminal justice system in the country. Cameras/recording devices are prohibited from courtrooms (at least the ones we've gone to in our area) so people can't record proceedings and I don't even know if they have a stenoographer. The system is a very unfunny joke. Total clown show.

Also, the cops will lie about people speeding and there is no way to contest it. Came across this article while trying to find out if speed cameras were even legal: How Louisiana Perfected the Speed Trap

Apparently there is a speed trap where the limit drops from 65 to 45 without warning. Its supposed to be illegal. They are supposed to have warning signs but they don't. I've driven by there and had to remember where those spots are. The minimum fine for any speeding caught by camera is $160. Not sure how they arrived at the $200.
It's not the camera that measures your speed, it is the radar. The camera only logs and verifies the car ID.
I have had a radar detector in every vehicle I have driven down here since the mid 80's. When it starts chirping, "tha-eyes be upon you :oops:".
Don't drive around here blindfolded.:(
Even got the wife hooked on them. It opened her eyes to just how many are out there 'harvesting money'.

Last edited:
It's not the camera that measures your speed, it is the radar. The camera only logs and verifies the car ID.
I have had a radar detector in every vehicle I have driven down here since the mid 80's. When it starts chirping, "tha-eyes be upon you :oops:".
Don't drive around here blindfolded.:(
I just made friends with the mayor and feed the cops, lol goes a long way towards not getting screwed with 😜

I wish I'd read that before my baby cat Boxer decided my fingers looked like hot dogs a minute ago!

….. He doesn't care that it causes insurance premiums to go up. He needs to get his truck fixed and start using it instead so he can take the hit to his own insurance.

…Also, the freezers are full of his food for him to cook.…

He can't even open the fridge door bc there's so much trash in his room. He keeps kicking trash from his room out into the hallway and Mom has started opening his door and kicking the trash right back in. Eventually I'm going to have to go in there and clean the trash out bc its already a tripping hazard & we all know he's not going to do it.
If a person doesn’t suffer the consequences of their bad decisions then what motivation do they have to change?

Latest posts

Back