Repairing and Maintaining Yard tools

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found these tools several years ago and purchased 2 models. I have used them a lot and can honestly say I have never used a more well made garden tool. The heads are made from old disc blades and hold an edge like you wouldn't believe. They also have the choice of handle lengths. I got the 60" version and it is plenty long enough to save my back from having to bend over when working them. Looking thru here tonight I found another model or two I may get. They aren't dirt cheap, but I honestly can't see myself ever wearing one out in my lifetime. Here is a link to their site.

https://www.prohoe.com/
Those are some nice looking tools. I just might have to get me one of the Scuffle hoes. I have a batwing that is similar but not as heavy duty.
Which ones do you have?

I knew someone would ask that. LOL I'm not 100% certain without looking, but I think one is the 55F Field Hoe. It's a little heavy, but great for laying off rows for taters and such, digging deeper holes for tomato and pepper plants, pulling up dirt for raised rows. The other one, again I think is the 575G. I actually use this one all the time. It is sharpened on 3 sides and is great for working up close to plants. Much lighter weight also, so is easy to use for long stretches.

I'm thinking I may get a 00G Triangle hoe, maybe a H00G short handle just like it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I found these tools several years ago and purchased 2 models. I have used them a lot and can honestly say I have never used a more well made garden tool. The heads are made from old disc blades and hold an edge like you wouldn't believe. They also have the choice of handle lengths. I got the 60" version and it is plenty long enough to save my back from having to bend over when working them. Looking thru here tonight I found another model or two I may get. They aren't dirt cheap, but I honestly can't see myself ever wearing one out in my lifetime. Here is a link to their site.

https://www.prohoe.com/
Those look really durable.

I weld EVERYTHING that breaks. I'll replace wood handles with pipe or square tubing every single time. Then.... I've been know to put bicycle grips on them in certain situations. Sure, this adds some weight, but it's not significant (to me). Plus...... depending on the tool, the weight can actually help do the work. For instance... I have weed cutter that I swing from time to time. The wood handle broke the first year I used it. I welded a pipe on as a handle, and the weight helps on my downward swing. This tool has been faithful for 6 years so far. I'm done with wooden handles. I can't wait for all my wood handles to break, so I can replace them with lifetime metal ones.

If you mix oil in the sand, the sand will scrub the dirt from the tools, while the oil will coat them. The oil will both help prevent rust from the sand, but also make the metal a little slicker so they clean up better after the next use.

:cool: BacP, will try that with our shovels.

Latest posts

Back