Show us your tools!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shave horse and a nice hickory limb would work nicely. Cut it to the length you want when it fits the hoe right.

BTW I have a similar hoe I purchased a few years ago. I love that thing for certain jobs. Here is the one I have. They also sell various handles. They may have something that will fit your needs.

FB55F – 5.5″ Flat Bottom hoe | Prohoe

A shave horse and a nice hickory limb would work nicely. Cut it to the length you want when it fits the hoe right.

BTW I have a similar hoe I purchased a few years ago. I love that thing for certain jobs. Here is the one I have. They also sell various handles. They may have something that will fit your needs.

FB55F – 5.5″ Flat Bottom hoe | Prohoe
Thank you- will look. I don’t think hickory grows around here.

I was catching up in this thread and noticed the wire/fencing tools. A friend sent me this clamp, basically for tightening and tying off wire. I was born on this farm, didn't look like any fencing tool I'd ever seen.

But it works great!! I have old spools of 14g steel electric fence wire that I use for tying, repairing other fencing etc. The clamp will break 14g wire but it takes a lot to do so. It's really good for patching up the chicken pen and coop. I can get the wire very tight.

I used this old hay rake as a kid. It was a work out raking a field into windrows with that thing, and slow. Dad and I took turns on the tractor or rake (17acres). A few years later I built the chisel plow for dad in trade school. I used a coil spring to give some movement, don't want to snap a chisel on a rock. (think it came out of a buick)

Chisel plow in 13_v1 (2).jpg
Klamp.jpg

View attachment 104982View attachment 104983
I have a question for y'all. I have an old grub hoe in need of a new handle. I purchased a new handle. It's one of the ones that about 3' long. Well, it's evidently made for newer (rhymes with sewer!) tools. The collar is much larger than the handle diameter. I looked on Lehman's - no luck. Does anyone know of someplace that I might get one? Or does anyone here make them? Better to find someone locally who might make one? Other?
Replacement Handle for Grubbing Hoe

Don’t know if anyone here has seen one of these but it might be one of my favorite tools. It’s a weed plucker.
View attachment 110616
Nevermind the dirt. I just put it to use again.
Something looks wrong!! 🤔 It looks like you stuck it in the ground and it eventually killed the weed!!🤔😮 Now you just pick the whole thing up and beat the existing weeds with the rock like dirt stuck to it!!

Latest posts

Back