SHTF Christian use of force

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From post number 71:

^ True, True and Very True!
A North East Texas Methodist preacher proved that a day or two ago. I don't have all the information but it seems like the preacher tried to run a bad guy off by pointing a pistol at the BG without shooting. The BG got shot in the hand, preacher shot dead and two others injured by the preacher's gun after the BG took it away from the preacher.
The church was not targeted. Apparently the BG was trying to hide from police and was on the run after a previous shooting.
If you have to point a gun at a BG you have to shoot, RIGHT NOW!

From post number 73:

Not disagreeing with the point made or anything said but we should note that they were traveling thru a dangerous area with plenty of bad guys about. Also, Jesus sent them out for a sword and in this gospel (Luke) it is reported they came back with two. They were armed but not nearly as heavily as most of us will be when SHTF. (BTW, I'll be armed with a long gun, pistol and more, as will everybody in my group).

Mag
Wow how sad to die by your own gun.

Thanks that reminds me of something I read on that many years ago explaining the time and what happened.

In a worldly conext the answer to your question is obvious but in this thread the crazy idea of Christianity is a factor.

The word Christian means Crist like. Not that they have his divine nature but rather attempt to be like him and adhere to his lessons.

One of his most powerful messages talks about the power of a crazy concept "faith".

Faith is what drove Noah to build an ark, Abraham to attempt to sacrifice his only son, David to take on Goliath, Elijah to raise the dead, call down fire from heaven and do battle with the Preists of Baal.

Jesus fed mutitudes with a handful of fish and loaves of bread and cure afflictions and cast out deamons. Faith let him walk as a sheep to his own death and thereby conquer death once and for all.

Faith is what allows a Christian doing stupid stuff just because it is the right thing to do.

Funny,strange and powerful idea "faith".

Ben
Well that's just it too. How much bulking up is considered not putting faith in God and how much is using the brain God gave you.

I know there is a passage saying something along the lines of the birds of the air don't worry about where there next meal comes from and the Lord provides for them, what makes you think he won't for you?

For the people who don't believe they typically figure the more the better. Not only food, water, defensive tools and maybe seeds.....they go all out getting multiples of everything and even think of less essential things that they wouldn't have in SHTF that they stock up on.

I want the essential but how much is too much......then again it also comes down to your heart. Are you slapping yourself on the back in a grid down situation saying I'm all set I don't need anyone or anything. I was so smart before.......

Or are you praying for others and thanking God for providing the ability to obtain all you did and the for thought and thanking him.

I think that's the biggest thing now that I typed out this long book. It's your mindset and where your faith is. God or yourself and yourself and your abilities.

In good times one can do much with more with abundant resources. @ our Church we have a "Blessing Box" that we contribute to so that other's might have. We give from our abundance to other's who might be in need. What now happens if our resources dwindle or worse stop...what then?
If a full vessel continues to pour out it is soon depleted and for what outcome? I don't want those in my AO to have any idea of what we have and continue to gather for our family. Last year I had someone come and take some of my wood without asking so I know what type of people are in my area.
One thing I learned from my criminal clients was how NOT TO ACT. So far I am following their advice and I hope that it works.
Sam

In good times one can do much with more with abundant resources. @ our Church we have a "Blessing Box" that we contribute to so that other's might have. We give from our abundance to other's who might be in need. What now happens if our resources dwindle or worse stop...what then?
If a full vessel continues to pour out it is soon depleted and for what outcome? I don't want those in my AO to have any idea of what we have and continue to gather for our family. Last year I had someone come and take some of my wood without asking so I know what type of people are in my area.
One thing I learned from my criminal clients was how NOT TO ACT. So far I am following their advice and I hope that it works.
Sam
Wow someone stole wood? I would say look for houses that heat with it......then remember it's probably pretty common around your neck of the woods. Plus you can't prove anything.

Yeah criminals can see soft targets from a distance and it takes one to know one. That criminals advice holds more water than the news anchor warning people what not to do.

... How much bulking up is considered not putting faith in God and how much is using the brain God gave you. ...

I kind of figure God gave me the ability to provide for myself. That's the lifeboat he sent me for putting my faith in Him. I don't get too complicated about my faith or spend time creating spiritual conflicts where there are none.

I kind of figure God gave me the ability to provide for myself. That's the lifeboat he sent me for putting my faith in Him. I don't get too complicated about my faith or spend time creating spiritual conflicts where there are none.
Sounds good thanks I like that reasoning.

I reckon once TSHTF it will take the masses some time to realise there is something more than just a glitch in the supply system, by the time they have worked out that there is a problem most of the fuel will be gone (filling stations will be empty within 24-36 hours) and they will be walking, so how far can the average person walk before they give up and turn around? work out your own threat level depending on how far you are from a big city.
give it about 3 weeks to a month and the threat will have diminished considerably if not ceased altogether.

Last edited:
I reckon once TSHTF it will take the masses some time to realise there is something more than just a glitch in the supply system, by the time they have worked out that there is a problem most of the fuel will be gone (filling stations will be empty within 24-36 hours) and they will be walking, so how far can the average person walk before they give up and turn around? work out your own threat level depending on how far you are from a big city.
give it about 3 weeks to a month and the threat will have diminished considerably if not ceased altogether.
Good point. I like all the view points I recieved which helps me figure my plan.....or my plan in a calm time. Fine adjustments will need to be made at that time no doubt. Thanks!

Good point. I like all the view points I recieved which helps me figure my plan.....or my plan in a calm time. Fine adjustments will need to be made at that time no doubt. Thanks!
No plan survives first contact with your adversary/s :)

The first rule is: DON'T! Don't panic, be in a hurry, scared. Any one of these can and will get you hurt. I don't plan on "trading" as this just tells other's that you have something of value that other's might want. I have always made it my habit to get in, get done and get out! We are making our home as self sufficient as possible without drawing attention to us.
If one has access to Army manuals on land warfare some of the information is invaluable, especially on first aid. I am trained but have the manuals to help other's who aren't. Look beyond your box of comfort, if it can happen it will. It is impossible to plan for every emergency as this will drive one crazy. Do the best you can with what you have got. If you think you will need something ask yourself "why?" before you get it. Is the purchase a need or desire?
Sam

The first rule is: DON'T! Don't panic, be in a hurry, scared. Any one of these can and will get you hurt. I don't plan on "trading" as this just tells other's that you have something of value that other's might want. I have always made it my habit to get in, get done and get out! We are making our home as self sufficient as possible without drawing attention to us.
If one has access to Army manuals on land warfare some of the information is invaluable, especially on first aid. I am trained but have the manuals to help other's who aren't. Look beyond your box of comfort, if it can happen it will. It is impossible to plan for every emergency as this will drive one crazy. Do the best you can with what you have got. If you think you will need something ask yourself "why?" before you get it. Is the purchase a need or desire?
Sam
Good point. A few years ago they had a free app that was a complete emergency field manual. I read through it all and it had lots of good info. I wish I had a hard copy of that.

Fear and being afraid is expected and allowed. What you do with that fear is what matters. Think about it and lear to execute a plan. Three is a good number of plans to have. Avoid and elude are your first two choices because the best way to survive a confrontation is to avoid it.The last choice is engage. Do so under conditions that you control whenever possible. Concealed carry is not a fast draw competition, You need to distract his attention and you need to "act" like a victim. It will take a half second for him to see and react to your movement. It is his time to react - to go to shoot you or be confused and unbelieving to what he is confronted with. When you go to hand him your wallet, drop it like you're nevous. As he bends down to get it you are pulling your gun and shooting him in a spot that will render him ineffective and unable to respond. You can tell him matter-of-factually that his barrel is bent. He will unconsciously look down at his gun losing his concentration on you. This will give you a full second to get your gun on target and shoot to remove the danger he represents to you.

Fear and being afraid is expected and allowed. What you do with that fear is what matters. Think about it and lear to execute a plan. Three is a good number of plans to have. Avoid and elude are your first two choices because the best way to survive a confrontation is to avoid it.The last choice is engage. Do so under conditions that you control whenever possible. Concealed carry is not a fast draw competition, You need to distract his attention and you need to "act" like a victim. It will take a half second for him to see and react to your movement. It is his time to react - to go to shoot you or be confused and unbelieving to what he is confronted with. When you go to hand him your wallet, drop it like you're nevous. As he bends down to get it you are pulling your gun and shooting him in a spot that will render him ineffective and unable to respond. You can tell him matter-of-factually that his barrel is bent. He will unconsciously look down at his gun losing his concentration on you. This will give you a full second to get your gun on target and shoot to remove the danger he represents to you.
Yeah good points. Just like if someone is trying to kidnap you (mainly women, kids, or business people) and they grab you say "do I know you?" There brain will automatically start to think about it and not quite as much on you. If you are lucky enough you then open your hand wide spreading your fingers apart and twist toward the attacker's thumb.

Not perfect but like you said it makes part of there brain distracted or if they are a rookie possibly totally distracted.

the whole point of prepping is to be able to adapt to the situation whatever that situation might be.
While you are logically correct I favor the killing of all and let the gods sort out the mess. ;)

I prefer to avoid confrontation... I also prefer to have multiple event based plans: I believe that those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Every plan should have multiple scenarios A-F, if you get to F, you are F'd and it's time to improvise....
Guns can be great tools, bows and arrows are quieter, if all else fails - give me a good ax.

I prefer to avoid confrontation... I also prefer to have multiple event based plans: I believe that those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Every plan should have multiple scenarios A-F, if you get to F, you are F'd and it's time to improvise....
Guns can be great tools, bows and arrows are quieter, if all else fails - give me a good ax.
If I get to an axe, I will be sooo tired, because every round has been sent downrange.

Good point! I figure if I'm still in bug out mode and I go through all my magazines I will soon meet my maker. All that noise and time to spray lead I'm over my head if I get to use all my magazines.

If I get to my destination as planned and in 15 mins go through my magazines I'm probably still going to be at the pearly gates. Since I have decent amount I shouldn't be needing them all at once.

I totally agree with the other tools for use in the days, weeks, months after though.

The best shot is the one that doesn't need to happen.

Tannerite , can't blow accidentally.

Ever see what a 2-5 lb jug can do.

Humans are like deer...take the easiest trail)path.
Tannerite placed at strategic entry paths can stop a whole squad.

I know one thing, I don't want to be within 100 ft of 5 lber.

I figger it is at least a message to persuade them intoo thinking it's not gonna be easy.

If some get closer....smaller 2 lbers

Then a sh!t load of 62 grain green tip.

They get past that... A few thousand rounds of Estate 00 buckshot can be quite uncomfotabie.

FYI ..I knew a guy once that had this plan.

Jim

Tannerite , can't blow accidentally.

Ever see what a 2-5 lb jug can do.

Humans are like deer...take the easiest trail)path.
Tannerite placed at strategic entry paths can stop a whole squad.

I know one thing, I don't want to be within 100 ft of 5 lber.

I figger it is at least a message to persuade them intoo thinking it's not gonna be easy.

If some get closer....smaller 2 lbers

Then a sh!t load of 62 grain green tip.

They get past that... A few thousand rounds of Estate 00 buckshot can be quite uncomfotabie.

FYI ..I knew a guy once that had this plan.

Jim
I've thought about something like that but didn't know shelf life of unopened stuff. If it happens then booby traps are fair game.
Think of tactics from the jungles of '55-80s......

I've thought about something like that but didn't know shelf life of unopened stuff. If it happens then booby traps are fair game.
Think of tactics from the jungles of '55-80s......
Shelf life is several years , as long as the 2 components are mixed.

Mind you I would never do anything like that. A friend I once knew would.

🙂

Jim

Shelf life is several years , as long as the 2 components are mixed.

Mind you I would never do anything like that. A friend I once knew would.

🙂

Jim
I would have thought once you mix them they are exposed to the air and moisture and break down faster. Glad to hear 2 years though.

No no ofcourse not. This is strictly for science I would never.....never think of ever possibly using this...

Latest posts

Back