Silly post

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
This it s going to sound silly but
My bank has just come out of the dark ages and allows us to deposit money from not just PayPal (as has been the case)
They are now allowing
Venmo and cash app.

Sounds silly but I have lost a few sales being limited to only accepting PayPal
Venmo is the big win here

I think I saw Zelle on the list
My bank has been sending me numerous emails about how they have rebuilt their handling of Zelle.
They are fired-up about it because they get a cut out of anything going in or out of your account with it 😡.

I do not know about Zella but PayPal and Venmo are free at my bank
Pp charges a $3.90 feee to load money onto your account at dollar general family dollar etc
No charge at bank
I launder all of my PayPal stuff thru a credit card so I never worry.
I risk their money, not mine :thumbs:.

I launder all of my PayPal stuff thru a credit card so I never worry.
I risk their money, not mine :thumbs:.
I use PP but do not like them at all
My little business runs on a shoe string which is due to my lack of a solid business foundation, oh well it is what it is
At times I take an order but lack the funds to buy the leather the buyer wants. The buyer puts up a deposit on my PP. then I order the leather using my PP

I have had PP deny the transaction saying I need to wait 3 days for the funds to clear
Ok. I can understand and do not get upset except for the fact that I do this all the time. So why is pp messing with me on this order? I can not stand non consistency of rules

Ok. I can understand and do not get upset except for the fact that I do this all the time. So why is pp messing with me on this order? I can not stand non consistency of rules

I'm guessing they have a policy, and they won't (or don't) deviate. If the funds come in a certain way, maybe a check, they have a policy that requires a 3 day hold. Even though you may do it often, you are one of thousands if not millions of cutomers. They don't know you. It is not like going to your local bank where you would be on a fisrt name basis with the manager. I'm not defending PayPal, but they probably have a reason. As long as your customer understands that there may be a delay caused by PayPal over which you have no control, I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

I have never used PayPal for that kind of transaction. I have an account to receive payments, but for withdrawals I have the money direct deposited into my checking account.

I have had PP deny the transaction saying I need to wait 3 days for the funds to clear
It's called "playing the float".
Even if the other person uses their PP account to pay your PP account, the money instantly goes out of theirs but doesn't go into your account for 3 days.
So, where is the money?
In PayPal's account and they earn interest on every dime there.
My bank does it all the time when I get an electronic payment that only takes only milliseconds.
The bigger it is, the more days it shows as 'pending' 😡.
That's how they make money when they give you 'free checking'.

This it s going to sound silly but
My bank has just come out of the dark ages and allows us to deposit money from not just PayPal (as has been the case)
They are now allowing
Venmo and cash app.

Sounds silly but I have lost a few sales being limited to only accepting PayPal
Venmo is the big win here
In that case congratulations 🎊

Latest posts

Back