Since it's Halloween: THE SPOOKY STORY THREAD!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why we hag a Ouija board around the house, everyone was afraid of it. It was just not controllable. Dad taught me to witch. He would do table tipping on rare occasion. My great aunt would read tea leaves, but never for me.

My little tale starts at a dye-house. it was one of those hurry up and wait jobs where you worked your butt off for an hour and sat on your butt for two. My job was easy money so I stayed there until I couldn't stand it. anyway, it was October. And some of the ladies down at tagging and shipping brought in one of those damn witch boards to kill time with it. the minute Maw maw brought that damn thing out, me, the religious zealot and two Mexican vat jockeys grabbed our lunch and bolted for the door! Well we all got laughed at for being superstitious... until about twenty minutes later when they all shrieked like raped apes and ran all over themselves getting out of there. Seems the shot glass they were using for a planchette flew across the room and smashed into a million pieces, OH, but the fun was just getting started! A couple of nights later we were drying up for the weekend and the vat operators had already gone home, I was roaming around with my clip board trying to figure out the best load for which drier when a 55 gallon barrel of soap's lid suddenly was driven down into the barrel itself like it had been hit with a sledgehammer! Me and the night boss looked at each other and walked over to the drum and fished out the lid, it was bent in half! we were able to stomp it back out and get it back in place, but the fun wasn't over! I selected a tub of rugs and we moved it over to the drier area to load as soon as the right one dumped. Now let me tell you about these tubs, most will hold 300 gallons of water! even full of wet rugs, it takes two or three big guys to move one, even on level concrete! Well here I was filing out my data sheet when something catches my eye, and I look up to see this tub full of wet rugs barreling down on me like a race car! and when I moved, the damn thing moved with me! anyway, I ducked between two driers and it just rolled to a stop! I kicked the crap out of it and climbed out and went to smoke a cigarette somewhere else! Then, during the next week I was going to lunch. our lunch room was out of anything worth eating so I went to the one in the sewing department. I was there at the microwave when I felt "Watched!" I looked up, and not twenty feet away was this young dude dressed in all denim with shaggy long hair and a leather cowboy hat. He waved at me, and I waved back, just then the microwave dinged and I looked away only a second, when I looked back up, of course he was gone! I immediately called security and told him there was a strange guy roaming around in sewing. the old fart just laughed and said:
"Cowboy hat right?"
Uhhh..yes?
"I see him ever so often, yeah... he got killed right about where you saw him in 1978. got run through with a fork lift, died on the spot."
()_()!!!!
"He won't hurt you. Just go on back to work."
😱 😱😱😱😱😱😱☠️
About then I started bringing my own lunch...

I've decided not to relate any spooky stuff that happened during my years as a Christian. I don't want anybody saying I'm trashing their religion. BUT I will relate this one thing, if anybody has been to Seminary school, I'd like some confirmation or an outright denial.
I had a good friend who was a preacher, we pretty much talked about everything. One day the subject of pre-Adamic civilizations came up, AKA Atlantis/Lemuria/etc. He looked me right in the eye and told me that there were certain things in school they told him NEVER to discuss, that was one of them.
That has bothered the hell out of me ever since.

Latest posts

Back