Spin off on who is buying the homes in New York and California

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This was mentioned briefly in the thread about EMTs being told to not resuscitate heart attack victims.
Like Meerkat said about Florida real estate, and Amish Heart said about N.M., people are moving from expensive, liberal areas to their states.
There are many homes in our cities here in the U.S. that are being bought up by people from other countries. Whether to move here, vacation here, to rent it to others (maybe a reverse discrimination -- people from their country of origin). It kind of alarms me. I don't have any statistics or numbers or citizenship info. But it seems messed up to me for non-citizens to be able to buy and own property here.

Patch its like an open smorgusboard for the whole world,just come as you are and tell us like it is.We will bow to your demands if not just call one of our other foreign groups to sue the heck out of us for any phobic offence you can think of. Drop some anchors and bringin the whole family.

People who come here don't have any respect for us because we don't demand any.Our first immigrants had to pass citizenship test and the whole family worked including the kids. Most didn't destroy the city they lived in either till during the war and the mafias took over.
See the problem with us is we are not that proud of who we are but most cultures are so they stick together and protect their culture and if we don't like it they just scream 'racist ,bigot etc,' and bingo more special rights.

People who come here don't have any respect for us because we don't demand any.Our first immigrants had to pass citizenship test and the whole family worked including the kids. Most didn't destroy the city they lived in either till during the war and the mafias took over.
See the problem with us is we are not that proud of who we are but most cultures are so they stick together and protect their culture and if we don't like it they just scream 'racist ,bigot etc,' and bingo more special rights.
Organised crime has been rampant since at least the 19th century. One of the early gangs in NYC was the Rabbits. They had a feud with another gang whose name escapes me. Prohibition had lots of organised crime. In WWII the Mofia helped the government with protecting the docks and getting intelligence out of Italy. The government provided "benefits."

Organised crime has been rampant since at least the 19th century. One of the early gangs in NYC was the Rabbits. They had a feud with another gang whose name escapes me. Prohibition had lots of organised crime. In WWII the Mofia helped the government with protecting the docks and getting intelligence out of Italy. The government provided "benefits."
Car thats interesting, thanks .

The Dead Rabbits and The Bowery Boys? They were active particularly during the 1850s.

Latest posts

Back