Spring Ahead is Sunday, March 10!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It seems kind of early to me, but maybe I haven't been paying attention!

Daylight saving time/Date (2024)
Sun, Mar 10, 2024 – Sun, Nov 3, 2024
Mountain Time

Daylight saving time will begin for 2024 on Sunday, March 10 at 2 a.m. local time, when our clocks will go ahead one hour, part of the twice-annual time change that affects millions, but not all, Americans.

Attachments

• 1709779271033.jpeg
    1709779271033.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 8
I have enough sleep issues with cfs, struggle to keep a schedule anyway. This is like an extra kick in the butt I get twice a year from the gubment! Time? Pick One D*t!!! :waiting:

(Just as annoying as the drivers on the interstate who slow down and speed up, repeatedly, for no apparent reason! Don’t like them either! 🤣)

I have enough sleep issues with cfs, struggle to keep a schedule anyway.
I usually don't schedule anything before 10am or after 3pm, so it's always light at those hours. I don't have to worry about waking up in the dark, or getting trapped out after dark. My body doesn't complain about the time changes, but I do hate it when it's already dark at 4:30pm. I like it when daylight/twilight lasts until 9pm! I remember one vacation up at Lake Louise in Canada - it was something like 10:30 or 11pm and we were still out hiking on the trails above the lake. That was awesome!

I thought I had another week or two 😭. I hate time change 😩. It doesn’t work for me and then insult to injury, they expect me not to kill anyone 🥸
But this is the best and most crazy change.....it stays lighter later!! Let "The Summer of Tired" begin!! That's what I call every summer! It's my official start of summer, even though it's still winter!!🤔😉

But this is the best and most crazy change.....it stays lighter later!! Let "The Summer of Tired" begin!! That's what I call every summer! It's my official start of summer, even though it's still winter!!🤔😉
1709953447355.gif

I still have to wake up and go to sleep at the same time, just makes it still light when I have to go to bed 😏

Make note of how you feel after the time change, especially for the first few weeks. From what I've read and heard, it takes about 3 weeks to adjust to these kinds of changes. When we fall back, people say, "Oh we gained an hour." Well, not really and even if you think you get to sleep in later, or have an hour in the morning to get more chores done, it is still an adjustment and when you observe a group of children in a classroom, you can see that even if they "have an extra hour", it is still an adjustment.

There will be more car accidents in the first week following time changes than before.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2023/7-things-to-know-about-daylight-saving-time

https://sleepeducation.org/sleep-tips-prepare-daylight-saving-time/

Sleep tips to prepare for daylight saving time​

It’s not your imagination that you feel sleepier after you spring forward for daylight saving time. Research shows that losing just one hour of sleep during the time change can disrupt your internal clock for several days.
As daylight saving time approaches on Sunday, March 8, 2020, there are ways you can prepare to minimize the impact of the time change on your body clock. In the days leading up to daylight saving time, you should:
  • Gradually adjust your sleep and wake times. Shift your bedtime 15 to 20 minutes earlier each night for a few nights before the time change.
  • Set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday evening, March 7, and go to bed at your normal bedtime.
  • Head outside for some early morning sunlight Sunday morning. Exposure to sunlight will help regulate your morning routine.
  • Get plenty of sleep on Sunday night to ensure you’re rested and ready for the week.
More than half of Americans say they’re tired after the time change, and studies have found an increase in car accidents during the week following the change to daylight saving time. So, use caution with activities requiring alertness, like driving.
For more information, read the Daylight Saving Time Health Advisory from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.

Make note of how you feel after the time change, especially for the first few weeks. From what I've read and heard, it takes about 3 weeks to adjust to these kinds of changes. When we fall back, people say, "Oh we gained an hour." Well, not really and even if you think you get to sleep in later, or have an hour in the morning to get more chores done, it is still an adjustment and when you observe a group of children in a classroom, you can see that even if they "have an extra hour", it is still an adjustment.

There will be more car accidents in the first week following time changes than before.

It’s not your imagination that you feel sleepier after you spring forward for daylight saving time. Research shows that losing just one hour of sleep during the time change can disrupt your internal clock for several days.
As daylight saving time approaches on Sunday, March 8, 2020, there are ways you can prepare to minimize the impact of the time change on your body clock. In the days leading up to daylight saving time, you should:
  • Gradually adjust your sleep and wake times. Shift your bedtime 15 to 20 minutes earlier each night for a few nights before the time change.
  • Set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday evening, March 7, and go to bed at your normal bedtime.
  • Head outside for some early morning sunlight Sunday morning. Exposure to sunlight will help regulate your morning routine.
  • Get plenty of sleep on Sunday night to ensure you’re rested and ready for the week.
More than half of Americans say they’re tired after the time change, and studies have found an increase in car accidents during the week following the change to daylight saving time. So, use caution with activities requiring alertness, like driving.
For more information, read the Daylight Saving Time Health Advisory from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
I gradually adjust my critter feeding time, it's hard on them too! But I like the changes!🤔

I just found out it was this weekend! I thought I had a couple weeks so have been trying to get to bed by 8 in preparation and was going to try to make it a little earlier over the course of a couple weeks 🙄. That’s out the window 🪟 now 🫣

I just found out it was this weekend! I thought I had a couple weeks so have been trying to get to bed by 8 in preparation and was going to try to make it a little earlier over the course of a couple weeks 🙄. That’s out the window 🪟 now 🫣
Hand them Bronco keys over, no sleeping and driving!! I am learning that as much as I LOVE my daytime RUT, my stupid sleep patterns ( or lack there of) sure do some kind of good!

I gradually adjust my critter feeding time, it's hard on them too! But I like the changes!🤔
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are sitting, waiting to be fed about half an hour before the time they get fed. Imagine when people adjust the dogs feeding schedule! It was never my call to do that. I always suggested to keep the schedule, and not change it to the time change. Used to be fed at 9, and now that is called 8? Feed the dog at 8, or vice versa.

Make note of how you feel after the time change, especially for the first few weeks. From what I've read and heard, it takes about 3 weeks to adjust to these kinds of changes.
It only takes me 3 days max to adjust.
...Resetting the 27 clocks?gaah

Rhodesian Ridgebacks are sitting, waiting to be fed about half an hour before the time they get fed. Imagine when people adjust the dogs feeding schedule! It was never my call to do that. I always suggested to keep the schedule, and not change it to the time change. Used to be fed at 9, and now that is called 8? Feed the dog at 8, or vice versa.
It's amazing how animals can know EXACTLY what time it is.....when food is involved!!

Speaking of animals and eating time, I have one cat sitting on the end of my recliner staring at me, the other sitting behind me on top of the recliner whining, not meowing, and Bear laying in front of me apparently passed out from hunger, lol!! Five minutes until their breakfast!! Oh the torture!

I lose an hour and a half. The hour from the jump, and half an hour resetting 16 watches and clocks around the house. :confused:

we pretty much ignore it, we go by when it is light out, and what the weather is like. Today husband just fed the babies and made sure they have some hay left in the barn, but we are starting later because it is pouring and looks like might slow a little in about half hour or so.

The problem comes in when we have to interact with the rest of the world. Like when our market starts again in April. I would prefer more light in the morning personally but oh well, the pinhead PTB do what they wish

the goats are funny too. They start crying as soon as they hear us , then they all get into their eating position . We have 6 feeders plus 2 on the ground ( so everyone gets something and the big ones don't just push the little ones away) , and they all know exactly what spot they want to be in when the hay arrives.

Lori did the ones upstairs already, I got a couple downstairs to do. Lucky Alexa and the computers reset themselves, Maybe I will do the car tromorrow, or not :p
I have 7 in front of me as I sit at my desk. 4 should 'auto-reset'.
Calendar clock, weather station, the 'read from across the room in the dark without glasses' clock, cellphone, tablet, alarm clock, wrist-watch.
...The other 20 are scattered everywhere else. :mad:

Last edited:
I have 7 in front of me as I sit at my desk. 4 should 'auto-reset'.
Calendar clock, weather station, the 'read from across the room without glasses' clock, cellphone, tablet, alarm clock, wrist-watch.
...The other 20 are scattered everywhere else. :mad:
I feel your pain, 1/2 of my watches are right 1/2 the time, and the dates are never right :p. I just look for one thats close.

Latest posts

Back