Tattoos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are
If you read or remember my post about a car being broken into and a woman's purse being stolen, this is a story I found when I was searching for information about the people involved in the purse theft. This is another group, crime group, who called themselves "The Sopranos." One guy had something relative to the Sopranos tattooed on his forehead. He probably used money from a theft to pay for the tattoo.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/10/08/denver-sopranos-theft-ring-indictment-grand-jury/View attachment 85448

Click the link to the story, look at the mug shots.
They all scream “METH”.
Anyone found on my property after sunset that looks like that is liable to get shot.

I do understand the thinking that a tattoo can mark a person in a negative light, but I generally don’t subscribe to that idea. That being said, I do not like face/head/neck tattoos, probably because of the association between that tat location and criminals. Unless it’s on a Viking, then it’s ok....

Or a Samoan, Maori, or other peoples whose culture has historically celebrated them.

I never saw the draw of body art.
I understand the "Band of Brothers" lineage of service together and for marking remembrances, but for decoration sake? Not my thing.

My religion says that my body is a temple. Someone lives there besides me. No graffiti on the temple without the owners permission. ;)

You know..... Having thought about this just a little...
Maybe people with chronic bad behavior like the ones in the link ...should be required to have a forehead tattoo.. An ID number of some sort to when the good for nothing justice system lets them go repeatedly, the rest of us know who to watch out for...
This me being the curmudgeons I feel like today...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/10/08/denver-sopranos-theft-ring-indictment-grand-jury/

You know..... Having thought about this just a little...
Maybe people with chronic bad behavior like the ones in the link ...should be required to have a forehead tattoo.. An ID number of some sort to when the good for nothing justice system lets them go repeatedly, the rest of us know who to watch out for...
This me being the curmudgeons I feel like today...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/10/08/denver-sopranos-theft-ring-indictment-grand-jury/

61pLRWYTbXL.jpg

Ben

I was always anti tattoo until my previous job. A guy that another department, had sleeves and other tats, transfered to ours and went onto my crew. It wasn't long until he was acting like a sponge. He soaked up everything me and my senior techs could teach him. He didn't have the electrical back ground he really needed, but was very good at mechanical repairs and adjustments.
When I changed jobs he sent me a nice thank you note for taking the time and putting the effort in to teach him.
Bottom line taught me not to judge a book by its cover. Shouldnt of had to be taught though. I've been looked down on for having long hair and a beard.

Our dress code at our private school required all tattoos to be covered. And to dress in lax business attire. And absolutely no yoga pants. Ever. I wrote the dress code. Our parents appreciated that, and often commented how nice and professional our staff looked.
I do have one small hidden tattoo I got when I was 16. It was dumb. Our oldest daughter is pretty well covered in tattoos, and our sons have a few. Our two youngest daughters do not have them, but one has alot of ear piercings, I think four. And the other had her nose pierced, but had to take it out for work. Didn't look professional.

That Nike Swoop tattoo reminded me of the movie, " Idiocracy" where everyone was covered in corporate ads

DH and I swear that movie is predicting the future. It's funny but not funny at the same time.

I've just never had the desire for a tattoo. I've thought of having my daughter's name and birth date put on my left arm. I've also thought of having the shield from the family crest put on my right arm.

My brother, his wife, and their two daughters all got tattoos in tribute to his wife's brother, who was an LEO, killed in the line of duty. One of my nieces got his badge number flanked by two small hearts and the words Never Forgotten on the inside of her wrist. The whole thing is tiny and it's very tasteful. She became a teacher and it was never an issue for her. My brother and his brother in law were both woodworkers for a hobby and often helped each other with projects. On his right calf, brother got two hammers, with the handles crossed. His BIL's badge number is between them and the word Duty is on the left handle, the word Sacrifice is on the right handle.

I actually like those tattoos. But I've seen enough tramp stamps and sleeves to last me the rest of my life...

I do understand the thinking that a tattoo can mark a person in a negative light, but I generally don’t subscribe to that idea. That being said, I do not like face/head/neck tattoos, probably because of the association between that tat location and criminals. Unless it’s on a Viking, then it’s ok. 😆

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, just remember that judging a book by its cover could result in missed opportunities. 😉
I'm not judging you, but others will. I have two nieces with major body art. I love them dearly. The nephew of a friend just got rejected from a job in the Merchant Marine because he had a tattoo of an anchor on his forearm.

As long as you deal with people of your generation. I expect you'll do fine. Don't take anything I say a being judgemental, it is not meant that way. Forewarned is forearmed. My intent is to let you know how some will see you so that you might protect yourself.

One of the reasons that I wouldn't get a tattoo, Nazi' made lamp shades out of tattooed skin, other than that if I want to make an open statement about something, I'll use a T shirt, baseball cap or a bumper sticker, just in case I change my mind about an opinion I may have at some time.

I was always anti tattoo until my previous job. A guy that another department, had sleeves and other tats, transfered to ours and went onto my crew. It wasn't long until he was acting like a sponge. He soaked up everything me and my senior techs could teach him. He didn't have the electrical back ground he really needed, but was very good at mechanical repairs and adjustments.
When I changed jobs he sent me a nice thank you note for taking the time and putting the effort in to teach him.
Bottom line taught me not to judge a book by its cover. Shouldnt of had to be taught though. I've been looked down on for having long hair and a beard.

I can relate.

About 40 years ago the only companies that afford computers were banks and and universities. I maintained a computer based proprietary alarm system that allowed guards to monitor 140 or so branch offices.

One day I saw there was a problem at one of the branch offices. When I arrived at the branch I told the manager there was a problem and I had to get into the vault to fix the problem. After a delay I fixed the problem and returned to the main office and learned from the guards why I had to wait.

The manager looked at my ponytail and beard and thought I was trying to rob the bank. 🤣

Today computer people often sport long hair. Times change.

Tattoos are a very personal decision that is pretty permanent and as such should only be made by adults that are well aware of what they are doing. Adults getting tattoos for beloved children pets God etc is a sign if their love or dedication is something that seems reasonable. My daughter in law has the granddaughters names tattoo... I think. Never seen it myself. I think my son has a tattoo but I have never seen it.

Just my 2 cents

Ben

No tats for me. K has tribal bands on both upper arms and across his shoulders and down his back. Nothing shows when he wears a t-shirt. Sometimes he says he wished he had saved the money rather than had his body inked.

I got body piercings when I was young and dumb in my late teens and early twenties. Nothing that wasn't covered by clothing and no face holes! No one can see the scars but K and myself so I really don't give 2 sh!ts what anyone thinks about them. I only removed them when I found out I was pregnant with Roo and never put them back.

I've just never had the desire for a tattoo. I've thought of having my daughter's name and birth date put on my left arm. I've also thought of having the shield from the family crest put on my right arm.

My brother, his wife, and their two daughters all got tattoos in tribute to his wife's brother, who was an LEO, killed in the line of duty. One of my nieces got his badge number flanked by two small hearts and the words Never Forgotten on the inside of her wrist. The whole thing is tiny and it's very tasteful. She became a teacher and it was never an issue for her. My brother and his brother in law were both woodworkers for a hobby and often helped each other with projects. On his right calf, brother got two hammers, with the handles crossed. His BIL's badge number is between them and the word Duty is on the left handle, the word Sacrifice is on the right handle.

I actually like those tattoos. But I've seen enough tramp stamps and sleeves to last me the rest of my life...

I have my moms family crest on my left shoulder and my fathers on my right shoulder.

An ID number of some sort to when the good for nothing justice system lets them go repeatedly, the rest of us know who to watch out for.
I have wondered why they aren't chipped? Maybe they are we don't even know it. Of course we cannot see the chip. What Viking said (quoted below).
Our dress code at our private school required all tattoos to be covered. And to dress in lax business attire. And absolutely no yoga pants. Ever. I wrote the dress code. Our parents appreciated that, and often commented how nice and professional our staff looked.
I do have one small hidden tattoo I got when I was 16. It was dumb. Our oldest daughter is pretty well covered in tattoos, and our sons have a few. Our two youngest daughters do not have them, but one has alot of ear piercings, I think four. And the other had her nose pierced, but had to take it out for work. Didn't look professional.
It was always interesting to me what some people tried to wear to work. I had a boss who was always having to update and upgrade the dress code because someone was always trying to dress down. I worked with people who in their previous teaching jobs wore shabby jeans and heavily logoed t-shirts. "I'm just more comfortable." When I retired, I had 30 dresses that I rotated through and several nice pairs of slacks, and wool cardigans.
One of the reasons that I wouldn't get a tattoo, Nazi' made lamp shades out of tattooed skin, other than that if I want to make an open statement about something, I'll use a T shirt, baseball cap or a bumper sticker, just in case I change my mind about an opinion I may have at some time.
When I was young an dumb, I had an idea that if every human had a number and it was tattooed somewhere then no matter what happened to us, we could be ID'd. I didn't even think about Nazi Germany, but someone quickly pointed that out to me. I think our world is more advanced now, and chipping would be used. It just won't be visible by sight.

I never got any tattoos but my younger sister got a small dolphin on her lower abdomen as soon as she turned 18. It was so cute! At least it was until pregnancy and stretch marks turned that cute little dolphin into a puffer fish with spears going through it. 🤣.

I never had any kind of body art, but I never have been offended by other with body art.
However you can take anything to far, even going to church or drinking water.

Latest posts

Back