Tattoos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try not to judge tats. 2 of my girls have A tat and mostly hidden. 3 of my grands have 1-3 tats. All have a purposeful meaning and are hidden. All the neck, face and full sleeve are hard to hide. But then that leads into some weird piercing. Don’t care what under clothes but all that on face! I struggle with the tats that see with my job as most are prison tats. Some relatives have more ink than skin. I

Little granddaughters mom says hers is "tribal"
It looks pretty dumb to see a big old blue stripe across her face from ear to ear. Don't know what tribe that's supposed to be from.
The rebellion tribe.

Wife almost talked me into gettin an ear pierced back in the mid 80's. Decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Never had the idy to do one since then.
We have done thing for wife, that we would not do if we were single.

I woke up one morning extremely hung over. My ear hurt and when I felt it there was a string hanging from my ear lobe.
I had no recognition of getting it done.
Seems someone in the group thought getting our ears pierced was a good idea. We all removed the string and let our ears heal over.
Nobody ever fessed up to being the instigator. I have no recognition of getting it done.

Whoa, you must have been faced! I've only had one blackout like that and I used to be a professional drunk!
Jose quervo will do that. LOL

...if I want to make an open statement about something, I'll use a T shirt, baseball cap or a bumper sticker, just in case I change my mind about an opinion I may have at some time.
I've never even done bumper stickers. That is, I won't stick them on my cars. If I want to make a point with a bumper sticker, I buy sheet magnets, and put the sticker on the magnet, and cut the magnet out of the sheet, and put the "bumper magnet" on my car.

I've never even done bumper stickers. That is, I won't stick them on my cars. If I want to make a point with a bumper sticker, I buy sheet magnets, and put the sticker on the magnet, and cut the magnet out of the sheet, and put the "bumper magnet" on my car.
I don't do bumper stickers. I can have opinions and beliefs without the need of telling the whole world. Gray man, gray woman!

I have 2 stickers, one is an inverted American flag, the other is the American sniper skull.
I see your priority is smooth and uneventful traffic stops...put the cop at ease as he approaches your vehicle. ;)

Actually, there are far "worse" stickers from that perspective. I do always tend to think that my first audience for a bumper sticker should be the police who might be pulling me over.

All the "stickers" on my car are on the back window. Easy to remove, won't mess up the paint, and a little naptha will remove the glue residue.

The ones I can recall at the moment are: Smile, you are on camera. Ohio alleycat resource, NRA life member, Team Rubicon, 9-Line, and "liveoutlaw.com" (they are a small company making soaps and cologne/aftershave/deodorant )

If I remember I will take a photo.

I haven't been pulled over in over 35 years :). Of course my car is a weird(Subaru Lithium Red) red 4 door hatchback, like every old codger.

If the the cop isn't at ease when they run the plate, I really can't do anything more to help. It's personalized and hasn't had an infraction since 1984 :p

Last edited:
My SO has 3 tattoos. All have special meaning to him and are invisible when he puts on a tshirt. I actually love them. I have always said that if I ever get a tattoo it will have to have extreme personal meaning and also be delicate and petite and in a place that nobody will see it unless I want them to.

I've thought about getting tattooed...still do every now and again. I don't believe tattooing, in general, is wrong, unlike how I was raised...but honestly, because I do not want to have to worry about it looking horrid later on as I age, not to mention fearing someone screwing up as I'm getting it done, I have decided that it's not for me. At least for the time being, anyways.

Last edited:
If nearly everybody has tattoos, how rebellious is it?

A young girl once told me she got tattoos to be unique and stand out, to show off her individuality. I said, oh, you mean like all the other girls?

Needless to say, I didn't get too far with that girl...
I do not have tats, because I was taught that what is now called graymen works better with no marking. I have many scars, but I do not show them to people.
What I mean is to get a "tribal" tat, when you are not a member of that tribe is dumb. It is like a child of Islam getting a cross & fish of Christian.
This is not about marking your body or if it is right or wrong.
This guy spent four year in China & can read Chinese, he laughs at people who have tat that they think means peace or love, but they really means paper or straw. You should know what the sign means, before you tat it on you for life.
You have the right, but you can still be dumb, walking around a warrior tat that really says paper.

Last edited:
I see your priority is smooth and uneventful traffic stops...put the cop at ease as he approaches your vehicle. ;)

Actually, there are far "worse" stickers from that perspective. I do always tend to think that my first audience for a bumper sticker should be the police who might be pulling me over.
Actually, it probably does. I got the American Sniper sticker from the local "cop shop" gun store.

Back when I was still working i made a policy that any office worker that had tattoos had to cover them, and no visible piercing except in the ear.
I wouldn't hire anyone, shop, field or office with a tattoo above the collar.
I have a few tattoos but they are under my shirt.
My sons new girlfriend is covered head to toe in tattoos, and anything that can be peirce is. She looks like circus sideshow freak. He must be punishing me for something.

There's been a huge change in perspectives on tattoos here - nearly everyone has one, regardless of job- from waitresses to CEO's -mainly discreetly tucked away. They are so bloody expensive only people working can afford one! From an employment law perspective, as far as I know you can't ask someone to cover them up, its discrimination. I have a small one of coordinates, only got in recent years. I plan another one - again small, to tie in with it. Have a Pinterest file dedicated to the cause! My daughter has a rose, just black outline, inside her forearm, but I took her to get it when she was 17, so I knew it was done right.

Do mosquitoes bite where there are tattoos? I have no tattoos. The henna tattoos are pretty cool and last for about two weeks.
Piercings? My husband didn't want his ear pierced back in the day. I have two piercings in each ear but only one on each is now functional.

Do mosquitoes bite where there are tattoos? I have no tattoos. The henna tattoos are pretty cool and last for about two weeks.
Piercings? My husband didn't want his ear pierced back in the day. I have two piercings in each ear but only one on each is now functional.
Good questions!! Don't know about the mosquito thing! No tattoos or piercings for me. I was the one who pierced everyone else's ears!😁

I reckon the "Bad Cop, No Donut!!!" sticker won't go over so well, lol... ;)

On the back glass of my truck topper is where my stickers reside.
5th Infantry Division
US Army
Vietnam Veterans of America
Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Since the majority of cops are ex-military, I hope this puts them at ease.
When they walk up to the driver’s door and see an old man with close cut hair and a clean shaven face, I hope this puts them even more at ease.
Truth be told, about the only time I’m ever pulled over is to be told that I have a headlight or taillight burned out.
Haven’t had a ticket in almost two decades.

In Washington they have vanity license plates that cost extra.
One of the license plates is a Law Enforcement memorial plate.
I think people get those so maybe the cops will give them a break.
No idea if it helps or not but I would think probably not.
I have 2 decals on my truck. The round yellow one is the Tonkin Gulf yacht club.
The Tonkin Gulf is where the US Navy operated off the coast of Vietnam.
Those decals got me a free year of boat launching at my favorite park from the park manager.
He's a veteran.
That saved me $5 every time I went fishing.

20190416_111736.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back