Texas Pizza Shop Encourages Employees to Carry

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Neighbor
Love it!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily

A justified defensive shooting in a Texas Pizzeria resulted in the death of one of the armed robbers. The response by the restaurant owner shows the acceptance of defense of self and others is gaining legitimacy in the United States. Here’s the relevant part of the official statement released by La Bella Pizza owners via myhighplains.com:

“We at La Bella Pizza on Olsen are deeply saddened by the incident that occurred last Tuesday, January 9th. Our hearts go out to All the families that are involved during this trying time. Our policy always has and always will be that our employees are welcome to legally and responsibly possess the means to defend themselves and others around them.”

The robber, 36-year-old Clayton Jerrell Morgan, was armed with an air pistol altered to look like a real gun. Morgan was killed when he pointed the air pistol at an armed employee. Morgan’s accomplice will be charged with murder under the felony murder rule. From amarillo.com:

Amarillo Police Department has identified the man shot at La Bella Pizza on Olsen Boulevard as Clayton Jerrell Morgan, according to a news release. Officers arrested his alleged accomplice, 29-year-old Ruben Ryel Rios, who police said was charged under the state’s felony murder rule that allows a person to be charged with murder if they are involved in a felony crime that causes a death.

The shooting illustrates one of the reasons why only 20 percent of justified homicides are recorded in the FBI Uniform Crime Reports. Morgan’s death will be listed as a murder because of the felony murder rule. It will increase the official count of murders in the United States, and reduce the official count of justified homicides.

Followup TX: Accomplice Charged with Murder in La Bell Pizza Defensive Shooting

When the felony murder rule is invoked, the homicide will be coded as a murder, not a justifiable homicide, in the FBI Uniform Crime Reports

On January 9th, an employee shot and killed a man during a robbery.

During the investigation, detectives found 29-year-old Ruben Ryel Rios was also involved in the robbery.

Rios is in the Potter County Detention Center on a murder charge. Texas law allows people to be charged with murder if they take part in a crime in which another person is killed, even if they did not take part in the killing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought a damn fake gun to a real gun fight...dumb ass.

Natural Selection wins again...!!

First of all, BRAVO for the "heads up" employee. I'm sure there are going to be many anxious moments in their future, because of this incident, but it was the right thing to do!

Criminals are basically stupid. They just do not seem to grasp the concept that pointing a gun at someone is a THREAT TO THEIR LIFE! If it was NOT a life threatening gesture, there wouldn't be any sense in pointing a gun at someone in order to get their compliance. Threatening someone's life is a direct call for retaliation with life cancelling force.

Secondly, I'm glad to see this pizza company's policy values the lives and self-defense rights of it's employees. I have worked where this policy was NOT in force, and I ignored it at risk of losing my job. I figured I could always get another job, if I got caught being armed, but I was NOT going to be defenseless in the areas where I had to go for my job.

The guy was ordering take out. But, got delivery. ✅

My grandparents owned a pizza place that was also a gun store. I **** you not. You could buy pizza and a gun. They shut down the pizza place after 20 years or so and just kept the guns. I grew up behind the counter. It was interesting exposure for a kid who would end up being fanatical 2nd.

My grandparents owned a pizza place that was also a gun store. I **** you not. .
Wow! Talk about one-stop-shopping!:
"I'll have a large-caliber pepperoni & Benelli with sausage & Savage, anchovies & Aguilla, with mozzarella & Mossberg. And can I get a side-order of rigatoni & Ruger?"

Chips and Glockamole can't be that far away!:D

Latest posts

Back