The Death Of The Boy Scouts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had kids, I definitely would not allow them to join the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts.

Amazing how the left always tells us normal people that we are bigots, while hiding the absolute fact that THEY are the bigots for forcing their agendas on us, including our kids!

When a girl scout asks me if I want to buy some of their cookies, I politely say, "I already bought some, but thanks for asking." (Yeah, I bought them 10 years ago.)

Last edited:
I worry more about the Girl Scouts.
That's where my beloved 'girl scout cookies' come from.
71E21ZvqIuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I know that there are way more boys that want to pretend to be girls, than the reverse.
I don't want to have to buy 'They Scout cookies' instead :mad:.
I quit buying their cookies when they quit going door to door. Same with boy scout popcorn.

OMG, it's too dangerous!!!! Tell that to my Papa Bear and Mama bear that used to walk with us. of course, you have to leave the AC and actually WALK.

Unfortunately, that's old news. We experienced that with our grandson and boy scouts in New Mexico about 5 years ago. Never saw that with our son (who is in his 30's) when he was in scouts, and became an Eagle Scout.
$125 to join then uniforms patches extra. My grandson has been guest visiting before he joins. I get it not wanting to spend the money if its not a good fit for him. Daughter said a few boys in this group are misbehaving every meeting. Leader does nothing to control them. Other parents had to step to stop 2 boys flipping tables last nights meeting.

IF they drop the name, it will become public domain again since the original organization will be gone. It is time to go back to the beginning, look up the original English Charter for the Boy Scouts and restart the organization as it was formed originally, change the tenets to read that any person who joins will be required to meet these standards, NO EXCEPTIONS, and any differences will be handled within the council.

All members and staff will have to sign a legally binding LLC document that prevents any type of lawsuit from being filed against the organization for any reason.

Make it a private club. Close the doors to any trouble makers and miscreants.

Or just forget it and have a nationwide support organization for the same type of Local organization.

We tried skipping out on the cookie sales because of the quarter a box thing when our girls were in it...were going to do car washes and yard sales. BUT were told by our council that we had to sell cookies, a big amount, before we were able to do any other fundraising. And then it had to be approved. Those cookie sales were a pain. Pick up a truckload (yourself) from the warehouse, do your own box count...distribute to girls, collect money, even fill out the deposit slips to the council and bring that and the checks to their bank. And fill out an ending report, drive across town to the main coordinator to turn it in. Girls would get little prizes for their sales. It was a major hassle. GSA makes a ton of money. Uniform costs were outrageous, too, for what they were.
It is crazy. Now I wonder what the top people make? We bought used uniforms at thrift stores.

$125 to join then uniforms patches extra. My grandson has been guest visiting before he joins. I get it not wanting to spend the money if its not a good fit for him. Daughter said a few boys in this group are misbehaving every meeting. Leader does nothing to control them. Other parents had to step to stop 2 boys flipping tables last nights meeting.
Uncle had two sons who were Eagle Scouts. Uncle was involved in scouting for decades. One time his troop went camping. They went on a hike and two of the young men weren't feeling good, or something, and wanted to return to camp. Uncle said he would go with them. Well, they didn't want him to go with them, but someone had to because of the liability, so uncle did. They just didn't want to hike or maybe wanted to do something they knew was unacceptable at camp. Uncle had many stories about young men who must have lacked good training and supervision and the things they had to be taught and then the corrections the leaders had to give.

Uncle had two sons who were Eagle Scouts. Uncle was involved in scouting for decades. One time his troop went camping. They went on a hike and two of the young men weren't feeling good, or something, and wanted to return to camp. Uncle said he would go with them. Well, they didn't want him to go with them, but someone had to because of the liability, so uncle did. They just didn't want to hike or maybe wanted to do something they knew was unacceptable at camp. Uncle had many stories about young men who must have lacked good training and supervision and the things they had to be taught and then the corrections the leaders had to give.
You mentioned Eagle scouts. My daughter now 30 had more male friends then female. She didn't like the drama of high school girls. Anyway back to the Eagle scouts her friends, those boys work really hard on very community minded projects to earn the eagle. Now 13 years later those boys now men still carry all the skills and behavior the scouts instilled.

I wonder if the barnyard sodomites will wreck the 4-H now?
Or is it already 4kd?
I was in 4-H for 9 years. I loved learning all the things that I could. Girls could participate as much as boys could, and that was good for me when so many other things were either male or female, and not as much was available for females, except commitment and work. 4-H has changed with the things that people learn. New subjects, new information and I think it has held up. It is not an organization that is all about money, like Girl Scouts is.

We were a scouting family, both my sons were Eagles, one's Eagle project was making supplies for a Children's Hospital and the other refurbished a local park. Each had to coordinate with the Organization they were supporting (the hospital and the City), the boys had to find resources (supplies, paint, mulch...) my reaching out to businesses in the community. Finally, they had to organize the man power (It was actually people from the community, each project had about 200 people show up) to actually do the project. Lots of work and they learned a lot. The old scouting program taught a lot of useful skills, from first-aid to book keeping. That's the good I saw...

The bad was that like every organization run by people, there were a lot of politics to deal with. Then as with any organization there had to be bad actors, I never saw anything but I assume that it happens. Once the lawyers could smell money in the organization they tried to dig up and advertise as much dirt as possible to sue with and then burry the organization, while taking most of the money for legal services. And finally, the LGBQ group realized that it was a prime hunting ground and went after the organization under the guise of ED&I morality. That was the day the organization died in our hearts.

Back