The home of my dreams

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND, don't wake me with all the page turning and peeing!!
You're OK with a light being on so I can read, right?

1693073494054.png

phideaux had started a thread, old homes we love or something...but this could go there or here because I dearly love the old stone homes from Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Found this one on oldhouseonline.com
https://www.oldhouseonline.com/house-tours/preserving-stone-house-virginia/
1693886227028.png

Reputed to be one of the oldest structures in remote Bath County, Virginia, the 18th century stone house stands on a breezy knoll above a horseshoe bend in the Cowpasture River overlooking 150 acres of rolling hayfields and the forested slopes of the Allegheny Mountains.

@Neb & @ThePrincess This popped up on my screen this weekend and I clicked on it and saved it to show you. Thought you might like it.

I know she will want to watch when she sees that. She has been known to put in The Hobbit DVD and just watch the menu loop.

Thank you

Ben

I don't plan on ever selling the place we're living on now, but we are looking at buying a place over on the coast. I'm looking for some land on a river that has access to the ocean, 40+ acres. I'd build a boat house where I could winch the boat up and keep it safe from storms and salt water. And build a small house, barn, shop and other necessary out buildings.

Back