The home of my dreams

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND, don't wake me with all the page turning and peeing!!
You're OK with a light being on so I can read, right?

1693073494054.png

phideaux had started a thread, old homes we love or something...but this could go there or here because I dearly love the old stone homes from Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Found this one on oldhouseonline.com
https://www.oldhouseonline.com/house-tours/preserving-stone-house-virginia/
1693886227028.png

Reputed to be one of the oldest structures in remote Bath County, Virginia, the 18th century stone house stands on a breezy knoll above a horseshoe bend in the Cowpasture River overlooking 150 acres of rolling hayfields and the forested slopes of the Allegheny Mountains.

@Neb & @ThePrincess This popped up on my screen this weekend and I clicked on it and saved it to show you. Thought you might like it.

I know she will want to watch when she sees that. She has been known to put in The Hobbit DVD and just watch the menu loop.

Thank you

Ben

I don't plan on ever selling the place we're living on now, but we are looking at buying a place over on the coast. I'm looking for some land on a river that has access to the ocean, 40+ acres. I'd build a boat house where I could winch the boat up and keep it safe from storms and salt water. And build a small house, barn, shop and other necessary out buildings.

Says unavailable

Ben

It's showing for me. Here is the title so you can copy and paste into YT. Wait, mine is showing unavailable & yours is showing. Did you find it somehow?

Tolkien collector builds a hobbit house. HOA violation?​

Hobbit houses are a nice dream.....the what ifs , if onlys, when I win the lottery situations are neccesarry to keep from going crazy sometimes.
How about a free motorhome (1979 dodge chassis and running gear with title) in montana rocky mountains? I also have extra things like generators, bicycles, storage food I need to clean up or lose my homeowners insurance......contact me for the details. Its spring here so we have all summer to camp for free in the hills before finding a place to stick the motorhome on.. By fall I will have a site for rent with some hookups out back by the chickens.

It's showing for me. Here is the title so you can copy and paste into YT. Wait, mine is showing unavailable & yours is showing. Did you find it somehow?

Tolkien collector builds a hobbit house. HOA violation?​

I copied the code from your post and used that for a search on youtube. Then grabbed a link from the search share option. Pasted that in my reply to your post.

Ben

I love log cabins!!!!
But my dream has changed over the years.
1. It was to buy a house.
Then it was to pay off the house I bought.
2. then it was to sell the house I bought.
Sold it.
3. Then it was to buy a house to retire in.
Then it was to pay off the house that I bought.
We did it.
Then it was to sell it.
4. Then it was to buy a bigger house.
Then it was to pay off the bigger house.
We paid it off.
5. Now it's for the house we own not to fall apart until after I'm dead!

I like stone houses but the ones we could afford were all fixer-uppers.:(

View attachment 25548
1714427609690.png

I'd like to have a fixer upper like that. But for now my dream house is the one I have now. 600sq feet with 640sq feet garage and in a good neighborhood. 3.99% conventional bank loan and it will stand until it's paid for and I retire at age 77. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back