The home of my dreams

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look close, its moss. LOL
If it were actually my bunker, the only thing you'd see is the shine off the rifle scope. I'd have the front of that thing grown up in ivory bushes, holly and saw briars!
One of us should be worried, we think alike :p

Seems like maybe I've posted this one once before - needs a different roof (cheapest isn't best).
1687387774038.png

@LadyLocust i just love those little stone places. I would love to bring the spinning wheel or small loom out on the covered patio in post 2554
Oh, I agree! Or you could bring your wheel over and we could sit and spin a few yarns 😉. My wheel is probably dusty 🫣

I think I am in my dream home. I’m very happy in my life right now.

I've always said that a home is what you make of it... for me, comfort is the most important factor, as a comfortable home is a happy home. I've been rehabbing homes for 7 years now, and each home I've lived in has been supremely comfortable. I'd like to be even farther out in the boondocks than I already am, but this Alamo home will do for now... I may wind up flipping it later and making one last relocation, dunno yet. But I'm happy here, this place has a lot going for it in terms of comfort, and everything works the way it should. That's important too, that everything works properly, lol. :cool:

Well, gotta go water the trees & plants, now that temps have cooled off a bit... :rolleyes:

Edit: Dang, it's too windy outside to water, gotta wait a bit to see if the wind dies... but BOT, I really enjoyed my primo 8' pool table which I had set up in Show Low & Benson, AZ. That was so much fun, shooting stick with friends while watching surf flicks, football or a movie on the wall-mounted big screen (50" or 55" screen, I can't remember which). Here are some shots of that table, first in Show Low and then in Benson... :D

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_9735.JPG

I miss that table, lol... but I went ahead and sold it with the Benson home, as I did NOT want to break it down and set it back up again. It was a perfect table too, just the right size, but I also felt like stylin' out the young couple who bought the Benson home, as they had to pay an extra $10K for the property, due to a competing bid with an "escalation clause." The young man's pop lived in Benson, so he was overjoyed that he'd be able to see his grandkids all the time... I like to think that they're all playing together on that primo table, aye? 😁

Again, you can see how I like white walls & ceilings indoors, they brighten up a place so much... ;)

Last edited:
The darn nook would be filled with cats :)
Yes, it would. And I'd be there, too. You couldn't pry me out of that nook. Well, until I had to pee....

I'm thinking the only change I'd make would be to ditch the bed and add 2 nice leather recliners. I need proper sitting area while I'm reading all those books
Cats prefer cloth, and I can't sleep in a recliner!! Come on, get it together!! And bkt, use a urinal!! But don't let the cats spill it, twist on lid!!

Latest posts

Back