The last house I will build! (Project)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what you've got done so far. I also like that you are putting on a metal roof, we did that after adding on to our home. The guy that made our roofing brought his machine to our driveway and made all the rib-lock roofing on site, the South face pieces were just over 33 feet long. A metal roof is one of the best things I've done after seeing 3 tab roofing loose all the mineral covering in less than 15 years.

Only drawback is our south side has faded and our north side is still like new. Ours is just 13 years old. Time fro a paint job but it ain't gonna get it anytime soon, probably not in our lifetime anyway.

Same here. When it's completely finished, bar something catastrophic, it's maintenance free for the rest of my life. Then I can just piddle around with making furniture and stuff!
2-handyman-saw.jpg

20180308_161259.jpg

Built the inside walls today and aligned all the exterior walls.
20180308_161127.jpg

My rustic commode!
20180308_161027.jpg

Another view of the interior walls on one end.
Don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow. The nurse's forgot to put a halter heart monitor on my wife before we left the hospital last night so we have a 4hr round trip drive to Jackson to get that done.

Everything is looking great Gump, kind of reminds me of what our former West side neighbor is probably doing up in their new digs in the panhandle of Idaho as they started with bare ground.

As usual it is coming on along, good job Gump! :great:. And give this to Caralyn and a speedy recovery. :heart:
Thanks @Meerkat ! Carolyn says thank you also. She's kinda bummed out cause I won't let her exert herself much. She's always been a worker!
1517894883224_image.jpg

@gumpy hugs for Carolyn too from this end and tell her to rest up until she gets her strength back. I know how she feels I have always been a worker too and there is no way to keep a good woman down, apart from when I passed out from pneumonia after deep cleaning interior house walls and that was really down on the floor :eek: , but I missed all the furniture on the way down through.

Before I fall asleep with the phone in my hand, in the middle of a post, let me make a short post here.
This was one of those days the work doesn't show on the house. I spent the day rabitting planks for the shiplap that's going inside the house.
20180310_161726.jpg
20180310_161717.jpg

Grumpy,
Are those boards kiln dried?
Nope. They've been air dried since November and I won't be putting them up for a couple of months yet.

Doing a great job @gumpy and how is Mrs Gumpy going since she came home ?, I hope she is feeling better :) .
She's not doing to good. For a couple of days she said she felt better, today she barely made it through church.

Nope. They've been air dried since November and I won't be putting them up for a couple of months yet.

She's not doing to good. For a couple of days she said she felt better, today she barely made it through church.

Well we pray for all here and extra when one is not feeling good. Hope Carolyn feels much better tomorrow.

Before I fall asleep with the phone in my hand, in the middle of a post, let me make a short post here.
This was one of those days the work doesn't show on the house. I spent the day rabitting planks for the shiplap that's going inside the house.
View attachment 5172 View attachment 5174
you would think that since they are rabbiting it would happen faster *groan, but I couldn’t resist)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back