The last house I will build! (Project)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No rain tomorrow! And I have a Dr appointment at noon. Kills the whole day! :cool:
I need to get a new chainsaw chain and a few other things anyway. I'll see what I can get done in the afternoon!

These challenges have got to stop before Summer arrives or you're going to melt trying to finish the house up.
I had planned on having it blacked in by now. I've had to turn it over to God. I was starting to drive myself crazy, so it's in his hands now!
faith.jpg

That's one of the major reasons I left that area he's living in. I just could not take how many tornado threats there were. It's a relief not to have the NOAA radio going off once a week with warnings.

Spent a few years in Kentucky. I could not tolerate the winters (white fluffy stuff) and all the darn tornado warnings. I did not worry about earthquakes (no warning and very limited loss of life) but the yearly tornado's are a worry I could live without. Moved back to California and left before it became Komifornia. Loving life in wonderful Arizona.

Hey y'all. I took yesterday(Monday)off. Had a 1200 Dr appt and it killed the day. Worked about 10 hours today and built the front porch. It's 10' wide and 26' long. The trusses will cover the front porch completely in that area, and will cover 4' of porch (free standing) on the back.
20180227_161710.jpg

20180227_161911.jpg

It's supposed to start raining in a couple of hours. Gonna receive another 5-9 inches by Thursday night. Just what we need!

Very nice!
And there's dog supervising your work
Otie keeps us straight! If you turn around real fast, you trip over him. He's learned that if someone is carrying something to not lay down in front of them to be petted! That got aggravating after a while.

Doing a great job @gumpy considering you are working on your own there :), seen tradies crews work much slower than that but then and again I suppose they stretch it out to get more pay too :( .

Thanks! Working for free you want to get finished quicker! Lol.
A lot did get done in three days. God gets the glory cause through him I didn't have major problems.

I did just what I thought I would do today. Otie(dog) and I sat in the shed and watched it rain. I did cut 6 good sized Cedar Trees down in the rain, cut them into 10' lengths and pulled them to the road. Wife volunteered me for that job. A friend of hers wanted them to build raised gardens out of. We'll get some veggies out of that though!
Not much else to report today. It's supposed to rain thru Thursday. I think tomorrow I will put up a 10x12 foot canopy we have, put on raingear, put tools under canopy, and put down some subfloor! May not be able to get out of here by Sunday. River level is supposed to reach 388'. Flood stage here is 366. We only have one access left and it might be underwater by then. I got bread and milk, what else do I need?!
Y'all have a blessed night!

Hey y'all. I took yesterday(Monday)off. Had a 1200 Dr appt and it killed the day. Worked about 10 hours today and built the front porch. It's 10' wide and 26' long. The trusses will cover the front porch completely in that area, and will cover 4' of porch (free standing) on the back.View attachment 4662
View attachment 4663
It's supposed to start raining in a couple of hours. Gonna receive another 5-9 inches by Thursday night. Just what we need!
looking good brother

It rained until 1400(2:00pm). I put up our camping canopy on the subfloor and lagged it down at the end of the pile of flooring. Then I put the compressor and skill saw under it. Put on my raingear and went to work.
Sub floor and front porch floor completed. Ready to start building exterior walls tomorrow, after a trip to Savannah for medicine and go by Lowes and pick things up I need.
20180301_165000.jpg

It rained until 1400(2:00pm). I put up our camping canopy on the subfloor and lagged it down at the end of the pile of flooring. Then I put the compressor and skill saw under it. Put on my raingear and went to work.
Sub floor and front porch floor completed. Ready to start building exterior walls tomorrow, after a trip to Savannah for medicine and go by Lowes and pick things up I need.
View attachment 4737

AMAZING Gump! :thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back