The last house I will build! (Project)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180220_105652.jpg

First lumber down! I couldn't stand it!

I haven't gotten started yet. After we got the last load unloaded from the semi, I was helping the guy who owns the truck clean off the trailer and put away his straps. My boots were muddy, believe it or not, and I slipped off. Instead of falling I jumped and jammed my spine. By 9:00 PM I was in the E R with one of the worst sciatica attack I've ever had. I'm laying here looking at piled up lumber and can't nail a nail!
Ya know, it's time to go over plans with God and see if I'm doing things as I should! He knows the future while it's hard for me to remember last year! Lol!
I'll hobble out and get some pictures today. Its some beautiful Southern Pine Lumber!

Gump, be careful!

Lookin' good! :great:
Man, gumpy, I wish we were closer to you. Would love to help you build, and have a chance to learn from you at the same time.

I'd love the help. Haha. My wife's started having heart problems and she can't do much exertion without severe dizziness!

I've drank almost 2 gallons of water today! It got up to 82° today with 95% humidity. Beautiful sunshine, partly cloudy. Now it's raining again.
1519326443026_image.jpg

Yep, just watched the 10 o'clock weather,

2-4" more rain, tonight and tomorrow,
High winds alert, Storms, and Tornado's .

Not looking forward to tomorrow,

May stay in bed.:ghostly:

Jim

This is the only time my wife doesn't like staying in a camper! It doesn't bother me, I love weather.

Gumpy,
Is your new house going to be tornado resistant?

Gumpy,
Is your new house going to be tornado resistant?
If it's not underground, it's not tornado proof. Mine will have the roof strapped to the walls and walls to floor and floor to blocks. Wind resistant, not proof!

Latest posts

Back