The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut

Rogue Dinosaur
Neighbor
Here we go with some shots of the new additions to my family! The little black female cat is named Diamond, a shelter name but I'm keeping it because she's black, and Black Diamond is a maker of climbing hardware... works for me! The smallest & perhaps the cutest little kitty is Zeena (also a shelter name), but I'll probably call her Z-Girl, like a skater chick, lol. The young male kitten is Pooh (yet another shelter name), but that ain't gonna fly around here... I think I'll call him Zorlac, from the vertical skateboarding world and the infamous "SHUT UP & SKATE" stickers & contests, lol. Ah, the good ol' days... if it takes renaming cats to bring 'em back, then that's what I'll do, AYE? That fraudulent Biden scumbucket ain't gonna bring 'em back, that's for sure... ;)

Here we go with 'The Three Amigos!!!' I was laughing so hard at their antics a little while ago, they are SO hilarious!!! Playful little kittens, they should liven up the joint... just what I need!!! :cool:

IMG_8365.JPG
IMG_8366.JPG
IMG_8367.JPG
IMG_8368.JPG
IMG_8369.JPG
IMG_8380.JPG
IMG_8381.JPG
IMG_8364.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8363.JPG

That's little Z-Girl in the last shot, she's such a cutie... but I need to wipe the built-up sand from her eyes, lol. I'm already making good progress at gaining the trust of all the kittens, so I'll wait till they're comfortable with my picking 'em up, yeah? In earlier shots, I used "the tail thing" to get all three kittens front & center... it's a long fake tail connected to a plastic wand about 14" long, and it never fails to get cats excited, lol. Swish it back & forth in front of them, and soon enough they'll ALL chase it... the other linear object is the cord to my camera, which worked at first to get their attention, then I went to grab "the tail thing." Meh, whatever works to get them out in the open so they can start building trust in me, their new master... er, I mean unpaid friggin' BUTLER, lol. :oops:

P.S. It's laundry day (done now), hence the uncovered bed... you can see where the other cats have scratched the heck outta my Denver Mattress box spring, lol. Not a problem here at the ol' hacienda, the cats & kittens can scratch furniture to their hearts' content, aye? We'll call it a "stress test" of materials, lol. I wouldn't care if the cats & kittens scratched the bejesus out of a Louis XIV chair and shredded the damned thing: even if the chair cost mucho dinero, the scratching would make a fine statement, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
More pics of Diamond, Z-Girl & Zorlac, including shots of their pet bed/cat cave under the Denver Mattress box spring:

IMG_8353.JPG
IMG_8354.JPG
IMG_8355.JPG
IMG_8356.JPG
IMG_8357.JPG
IMG_8358.JPG
IMG_8359.JPG
IMG_8361.JPG
IMG_8360.JPG
IMG_8383.JPG

Now that I look at these photos, ALL the kittens need the built-up sand wiped from their eyes, lol... meh, they've been sleeping at the shelter, no doubt, and when I get the chance I'll deal with the problem. It's more important to gain their trust first, I reckon, rather than pecking at their eyes like a goldurned vulture right off the bat, lol. Hey, that pet bed/cat cave setup is nice, yeah? Gives the kittens a sense of security, and when they walk between the 'springs' on the wooden box spring frame members, that will increase their coordination. They're already jumping onto my rack, not clear atop it but onto the upper side, where they pull a climbing move to attain the summit, lol. Note Zorlac at left in the last pic, his claws are embedded in the mattress pad as he gets vertical on the tall sidewall or end wall of my queen-sized Denver Mattress rack... I was still doing laundry at the time, lol. Damn, my room is already looking like a mess!!! :oops:

Edit: Cord under bed is unplugged, no worries... that's the cord for the light inside the headboard I inherited with the home, it looks cool but I won't need it until I have a hot date, 10-4? Might be dead before that happens, one never knows about these things. In the meantime, I don't want the kittens chewing the cord when there's juice running through it! No 'Fried Cat' off a Chinese restaurant menu!!! The fortune cookie ain't gonna cut it if that happens!!! :confused:

Last edited:
These kittens are a riot... I haven't laughed so hard in ages! They're comfortable enough to crawl all over me atop the rack, I didn't get much reading done this afternoon because I was too busy playing with the knucklehaids. The blasted little varmints have sharp claws too! But I'm slowly schooling 'em that way, it'll probably take a while... :confused:

Otherwise, things seem alright... Tiger & Crackhead both got a good look at the kittens, so they know they're dealing with tiny critters and not adult cats. They're still a bit standoffish, but that's to be expected... it may take a while for Crackhead in particular to accept the fact that these kittens are here to stay. Meh, I'll show him some love too, the jealous cat... :rolleyes:

I'll tell ya, these kittens are the antidote to all the tiresome bad news lately, the endless stream of manufactured grief courtesy of scumbag politicians, their globalist bankster overlords, and all the other dirty swine obsessed with running the world. They can all crawl off, their BS means nothing here at the ol' hacienda... time for "Happy Days!" :D

Boy, I ate a big ol' bacon avocado cheeseburger earlier, and that thing slowed me down BIG-TIME... I'd better go easy on those things or I'll wind up looking like the Michelin Man, lol. No dinner tonight, that's for sure, I gotta work off this full stomach first... can't even drink beer, I'm too darned full! But I can use a break, and stick with water or kombucha... ;)

Apart from the kittens and their antics, we've had a nice quiet day here, so I reckon I'll keep it that way and just read a book this evening. Sometimes ya just gotta turn off the TV, lol. I have a nice home theater setup too, but the kittens beat anything I could possibly find on that ol' idiot box, hands... er, I mean paws down. They sure are funny little kitties... :cool:

Cracked another Western while enjoying a quiet evening, but instead of retiring under the bed after they tired themselves out, 'The Three Amigos' decided to join me (at arm's length) by crashing atop the small cabinet that I inherited when I bought this home. This is progress in the trust department! But I've always been good with cats... according to the Oriental Zodiac, I was born in the 'Year of the Tiger!' ;)

Check out these little knucklehaids!!! :D

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

Sweet dreams, little kitties!!! 😴

P.S. Don't mind the crooked tartan cloth or the open door, that cabinet also serves as a cat cave for those cats willing & able to access it... I should leave it open a bit for these little kittens. 😏

Cool cats and hey, Black Diamond is a good name. If you've played an acoustic guitar between 1897 and 1971 you've used Black Diamond guitar strings, and banjo, mandolin, fiddle, if it needed strings, they made them. songs written about them...

Kittens exploring the (unfinished) master bathroom this morning... I'll be painting this bathroom soon, and making a few changes in towel rack placement (they're in the wrong locations). Eventually I'll put vinyl tiles down on the floor, but for now I have Kilz on it, solely as a means of protecting it until the actual flooring is installed. Meh, it'll get done soon enough, and that will be the end of it. That large garden tub actually works well, I'm just not using it during the summer, but it'll come in handy this fall & winter... for now, it's a kitty playground, lol. ;)

IMG_8397.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

Yes, they are doing well here, but the adult cats are still a bit leery of the youngsters... however, I placed Diamond about 6' away from Crackhead on the carpet in the dining room area, and he did NOT hiss or growl at her, lol. I think he's jealous, but I'm willing to keep working on him... the kittens have only been here for two days, so I'm hoping things get better this week. The kittens are too small to pose any physical threat to the older cats, but the older cats might do them some harm unless I continue to monitor the situation. When I make a store run, the kittens will remain in the secured master bedroom & bathroom, they have everything they need in there. The garden tub has become a playground for the kittens, lol... wish I'd had the camera on me earlier when all three were in the tub. Meh, there will be other opportunities, and the kittens are definitely lightening the atmosphere here with their crazy and comical antics! They are SO funny! I wish I could rescue all the kittens at these local shelters, but saving three is a start, and they all seem to like me... :)

Edit: Tiger & Crackhead are both lying on their sofa in the living room area, while the three kittens have crashed in their cave, so I guess that's progress. Both adult cats know they can go to the kitchen any time and eat, but neither one is inclined to investigate the master bedroom. I'm hoping this feeling passes with time as the cats & kittens get used to each other. The kittens have poked their noses beyond the bedroom door (which leads into the kitchen), but so far they have not been willing to explore further... the master bedroom & bathroom offer enough new territory for now, and they joyfully chase one another throughout this area when they are active. They are quick learners when it comes to climbing and jumping, so they should be happy once they realize how many vertical spaces I have set up for cats in my home, lol. Lots of cat caves & cat tunnels too (behind furniture), it's a kitty cat paradise! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, they are doing well here, but the adult cats are still a bit leery of the youngsters... however, I placed Diamond about 6' away from Crackhead on the carpet in the dining room area, and he did NOT hiss or growl at her, lol. I think he's jealous, but I'm willing to keep working on him... the kittens have only been here for two days, so I'm hoping things get better this week. The kittens are too small to pose any physical threat to the older cats, but the older cats might do them some harm unless I continue to monitor the situation. When I make a store run, the kittens will remain in the secured master bedroom & bathroom, they have everything they need in there. The garden tub has become a playground for the kittens, lol... wish I'd had the camera on me earlier when all three were in the tub. Meh, there will be other opportunities, and the kittens are definitely lightening the atmosphere here with their crazy and comical antics! They are SO funny! I wish I could rescue all the kittens at these local shelters, but saving three is a start, and they all seem to like me... :)
They'll be ok! A little time helps all!! Those precious babies are so lucky!! Thank you for giving those sweeties a great home!! I wish they ALL could be so loved!!

They definitely won the lottery when it came to their new owner... er, I mean butler! They are very happy & healthy, eating Kitten Chow and tearing around my room, lol. I leave my bedroom door open now as long as I'm in the house, and even while I'm sleeping... I reckon the cats & kittens will get used to one another faster that way. Any ruckus should awaken me, aye? And if the kittens wake for an activity session in the middle of the night, that's okay too... though they've been pretty good about sleeping through the night. They tire themselves out with all the running, leaping & climbing they do! For only nine weeks, they are very active and healthy! Seeing them have so much fun is good for my soul!!! :)

They definitely won the lottery when it came to their new owner... er, I mean butler! They are very happy & healthy, eating Kitten Chow and tearing around my room, lol. I leave my bedroom door open now as long as I'm in the house, and even while I'm sleeping... I reckon the cats & kittens will get used to one another faster that way. Any ruckus should awaken me, aye? And if the kittens wake for an activity session in the middle of the night, that's okay too... though they've been pretty good about sleeping through the night. They tire themselves out with all the running, leaping & climbing they do! For only nine weeks, they are very active and healthy! Seeing them have so much fun is good for my soul!!! :)
It's good for all of our souls!! Glad for the updates!!😺

Feeding time at the zoo... when I picked up the water bowl to rinse & replenish it, that dummy Zorlac stepped onto the dinner tray I use for the kittens. The location is only temporary, until the bowls can be moved into the kitchen... :confused:

IMG_8426.JPG
IMG_8427.JPG

The following shots remind me of Hashbrown! Here I am, "angling for catfish" in the high desert! ;)

IMG_8428.JPG
IMG_8429.JPG
IMG_8430.JPG
IMG_8432.JPG
IMG_8433.JPG
IMG_8434.JPG

I often play with the kittens to increase their motor skills & coordination... think of me as a drill sergeant, whipping raw recruits into shape and giving them survival skills in this mean ol' world, lol. :oops:

Look at little Z-Girl standing on her hind legs at lower right in the last pic... she sure is a funny little cat! She's obviously the runt of the litter, which originally included 5 kittens. We'll see whether she grows on a steady diet of good food! :D

You know... Kitten Chow, steak tidbits, pieces of chicken, sushi rolls (no Wasabi), beer, pizza, etc. Somehow this reminds me of the time we put beer in the hummingbird feeder, lol... :eek:

It was in Coronado, and a hummer had been hitting one feeder on a regular basis... the feeder was almost empty, so I poured the sugar water & replaced it with beer. Friend & I who were partying sat back to watch what would happen... :rolleyes:

The hummer swooped down and took a big ol' guzzle off the feeder... shook his head like Curly ("Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!"), then zoomed off, narrowly avoiding the neighbor's chimney, lol. A clear case of FUI... :cop:

The little guy was fine, he reappeared later after sleeping it off, lol... by that time, the feeder held regular sugar water. It was pretty funny, though, seeing the little guy drink beer from that feeder, he probably got ripped off it, lol. :dancing:

Last edited:
Finally got time to look at these and I won't repeat the high pitched squeal I made. The kittens are adorable! I'm glad they're doing so well and lightening the mood. I'm sure the adult cats will get used to them, it'll just take some time as I'm sure you know. I'm so glad you were able to find little cuties to adopt and love!

That garden tub in the master bathroom is becoming an arena like the one in 'ROLLERBALL'---goldurned kittens actually do laps in that thing, carving round the top at each sloping end of the bowl. They bounce off the walls too... sounds like somebody beating a drum in there, lol. It's a fiberglass tub, so it has a hollow void (or voids) underneath, and the kittens play rugby in the darned thing. Oh, well, no big deal, this is what cat lovers tolerate when crunch time arrives. These kittens are so active that they'd run circles around the Energizer Bunny... probably beat him up in the bargain, lol. Once in awhile, the kittens get tired and lie down to sleep... I tried to catch all three in their spot by the window, but I startled Z-Girl and she leapt overboard and disappeared under the bed, so you only get two kittens in this photo:

IMG_8456.JPG

The sky is still overcast, so the light's not so hot... those Chinese curtains from Walmart are taking a beating from the cats, who love to grab 'em with their claws, lol. Meh, the curtains didn't cost enough for me to worry about 'em... nobody around to complain about the claw marks anyway, lol. If the cats wanna claw 'em, then let 'em rip! I only put up curtains to block the sun's direct rays in the afternoon, at some point in the future I may put some reflective covering on the glass windows, but that's an extremely low priority right now... ranks lower than beer drinking, lol. ;)

Sharing a bowl of milk, and some shots of little Z-Girl taking a nap... note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain, looks like I'll have to straighten out that other blanket on the cats' sofa as well, the blasted varmints!!! :confused:

IMG_8601.JPG
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8608.JPG
IMG_8610.JPG

Edit: Bonus shots of 'The Three Amigos' powering down for a nap... somehow, these shots remind me of the way hammocks were arranged 'tween decks aboard Royal Navy ships during the Age of Sail, lol. 🤔

IMG_8614.JPG
IMG_8616.JPG

Last edited:
Sharing a bowl of milk, and some shots of little Z-Girl taking a nap... note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain, looks like I'll have to straighten out that other blanket on the cats' sofa as well, the blasted varmints!!! :confused:

View attachment 93357 View attachment 93358 View attachment 93359 View attachment 93360

Edit: Bonus shots of 'The Three Amigos' powering down for a nap... somehow, these shots remind me of the way hammocks were arranged 'tween decks aboard Royal Navy ships during the Age of Sail, lol. 🤔

View attachment 93362 View attachment 93363
She had my dog's ears, how cute!!🤪♥️

Here's my 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee'---making sure I don't go off on the web, lol. :oops:

IMG_8621.JPG

Might as well be the Gestapo... Geheime Statz Polizei!!! Dang, a hand just can't have fun on the web anymore! ;)

Edit: Chinese Walmart curtains are really taking a beating, I reckon they're in for a serious stress test, lol. :rolleyes:

I love the pics of the kitties! I just wanna cuddle them.

Right now they are destroying the Chinese Walmart Curtains, so that's a tall order... I wonder if I can get these curtains in 'Chinese stainless steel?' :confused:

P.S. Chinese stainless steel = recycled beer cans!!! :oops:

Made progress today with the ongoing introduction! Crackhead actually touched noses with Zorlac, no hissing or growling involved, and Tiger came face-to-face with little Z-Girl (well, 2' apart) with no hostility, just curiosity. This is good news! Maybe they'll all be playing together soon! Whenever the big cats are nearby, I toss cat toys to the kittens so the big cats can see the kittens are having fun... and they're not a threat, lol. ;)

The kittens have discovered the ready-made 'cat cave' inside the leather sofa, as you can see from the following pics. I keep the electrical cord for the sofa plugged into a surge protector, so I turned that off for now... I've also been schooling the kittens about NOT chewing on electrical cords, lol. Big safety hazard to remember: that moving machinery under the motorized sofa can cut a kitten in two, so I gotta go easy if I want to plug in the couch and enter reclining mode!!! :oops:

IMG_8628.JPG
IMG_8627.JPG

Those leather flaps are just Velcro'd into place at the bottom, so the kittens squeeze in there no problem... they can even fit under the sofa at the bottom, as y'all can see in the last pic, with Black Diamond's tail disappearing under the couch. :)

Latest posts

Back