The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been called that before, lol... but my closest friends are crazy too, so it's no big deal. I'm chillin' with the cats in the A/C this afternoon, it's hot out there! No sign of the hawk today, but plenty of wild birds hanging out in the iced birdbaths! The ice never lasts that long, since the water is already warm, but it helps cool down the temp and the birds love it! Sometimes there are dozens of birds on all sides of my home, mostly on the three sides with the baths but also on the fourth side, which has a bunch of pine trees where the birds like to hang out. The cats love this property, it's got everything they ever wanted on it, lol... but right now they're all inside, since it's cooler in our home! :cool:

I've been called that before, lol... but my closest friends are crazy too, so it's no big deal. I'm chillin' with the cats in the A/C this afternoon, it's hot out there! No sign of the hawk today, but plenty of wild birds hanging out in the iced birdbaths! The ice never lasts that long, since the water is already warm, but it helps cool down the temp and the birds love it! Sometimes there are dozens of birds on all sides of my home, mostly on the three sides with the baths but also on the fourth side, which has a bunch of pine trees where the birds like to hang out. The cats love this property, it's got everything they ever wanted on it, lol... but right now they're all inside, since it's cooler in our home! :cool:
We ♥️ U, Wing!!

Beatin' the heat at the ol' hacienda! Crankin' the A/C, just got a bill for $213! Yikes! :oops:

IMG_0702.JPG

Black Diamond sleeping amid the lighthouses, nearly pushing them off the table too at times! 😒

IMG_0703.JPG

Still hot outside, all four cats are indoors... they like the vinyl kitchen floor, it stays cooler in the A/C, lol. Little Black Diamond just shifted to her favorite ledge on the hutch thing, she likes stretching out on that narrow ledge! 😒

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

Goldurned cats are tearing the border on that thick European blanket I use as a floor covering... I'll hafta sew it up later, or maybe just rip it off all the way around, lol. It's just a blanket I use as an area rug to save the carpet. :confused:

Crackhead & Tiger share a drink of water from a bowl in the sink... :)

IMG_0751.JPG

I've taken to keeping the bowl in the sink, less mess that way... I change the water several times a day. Sometimes I'll put the bowl up on the edge of the sink, when the cats are right there and I can wipe up spilled water afterward. :cool:

View attachment 114865

I've taken to keeping the bowl in the sink, less mess that way... I change the water several times a day. Sometimes I'll put the bowl up on the edge of the sink, when the cats are right there and I can wipe up spilled water afterward. :cool:
Tiger looks like a big cat at a watering hole!!🐯🦁

Tiger IS a big cat, he's long & lean & rangy & quick, that's why he's such a good hunter! Crackhead is pretty large too, they make a good matched pair as they move through the house like those T. Rexes in the 'JURASSIC PARK' series of movies, lol. Whenever Crackhead moves purposely through our home, Tiger will move alongside him and keep pace... they're a couple of handsome tigers when they do this, and it never fails to remind me of the T. Rexes, lol. :oops:

IMG_0800.JPG

There's Crackhead mauling a bathroom rug, and here's Black Diamond resting atop the bar... looks like she broke her neck, lol, the blasted varmint! She likes lying there with her head hanging over the edge, the knucklehaid! 😒

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

Last shot's a little fuzzy, I pulled her up so she'd have more support... she's a sweet little cat, reckon I'll keep her, lol. ;)

"HAND OVER THE CATNIP AND NOBODY GETS HURT!!!" :oops:

View attachment 114754

That's Crackhead at a young age in Show Low, Arizona, lol... found the pic in my files, figured I'd share it! :cool:

Guess it's time to rack out & crash, tomorrow is another day! G'night, alla youse H&CL hee-roes! 😴
“Get your finger off the trigger!!!”

View attachment 114865

If I left a bowl of water in the counter, I think my cat would push it to the floor. My cats aren’t really allowed in the counters but I suspect at least one sneaks there when I’m not looking

Random shots taken around our home today... :)

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

Now that I'm actually thinking about pulling some more home rehab work, I need to mask and paint those old drains, including the drain in the garden tub, lol. Don't mind the lid awry on one of the pots on the range, I just washed & dried it with a dish towel, so I left the lid canted a bit to make sure the pot dried completely, yeah? I leave several clean pots & pans atop my kitchen range, I use those quite often so they just stay up there, even though I have cupboard space, lol. When I need to use one or more of those pots & pans, I just set the others aside, off the range and out of the way... ;)

Edit: Another reason why I leave the pots & pans in that configuration atop the kitchen range is to leave a pathway for the cats as they make their way back & forth across the counters. Otherwise, every burner would be covered by a pot or pan, lol... meh, this is a bachelor pad, I can store my pots & pans whichever way I want! Cats have right of way! 🐈‍⬛

Last edited:
Might as well add these shots I just took, then it's time for some entertainment on the 65" curved screen, lol... ;)

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

A little glare from the paneling in Tiger's nook... stupid Canon cam set off the flash. Don't mind the rumpled bedding in the shots of Zorlac, that knucklehaid always messes up my neat & tidily-made bed, lol... the BLASTED VARMINT!!! 😒

Might as well add these shots I just took, then it's time for some entertainment on the 65" curved screen, lol... ;)

View attachment 115295
View attachment 115296
View attachment 115297
View attachment 115298
View attachment 115299

A little glare from the paneling in Tiger's nook... stupid Canon cam set off the flash. Don't mind the rumpled bedding in the shots of Zorlac, that knucklehaid always messes up my neat & tidily-made bed, lol... the BLASTED VARMINT!!! 😒
Messing things up is Job1 when you are a cat :)

Latest posts

Back