The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made progress today with the ongoing introduction! Crackhead actually touched noses with Zorlac, no hissing or growling involved, and Tiger came face-to-face with little Z-Girl (well, 2' apart) with no hostility, just curiosity. This is good news! Maybe they'll all be playing together soon! Whenever the big cats are nearby, I toss cat toys to the kittens so the big cats can see the kittens are having fun... and they're not a threat, lol. ;)

The kittens have discovered the ready-made 'cat cave' inside the leather sofa, as you can see from the following pics. I keep the electrical cord for the sofa plugged into a surge protector, so I turned that off for now... I've also been schooling the kittens about NOT chewing on electrical cords, lol. Big safety hazard to remember: that moving machinery under the motorized sofa can cut a kitten in two, so I gotta go easy if I want to plug in the couch and enter reclining mode!!! :oops:

View attachment 93451 View attachment 93452

Those leather flaps are just Velcro'd into place at the bottom, so the kittens squeeze in there no problem... they can even fit under the sofa at the bottom, as y'all can see in the last pic, with Black Diamond's tail disappearing under the couch. :)
My oldest housecat gets in the velcro flap of our electric recliner! It never ends!!😺 Your fab five will all be ok together! It's happening!!😺

The kittens have discovered the joy of sitting at my bathroom window and watching the birds... doves this morning, there was a large flock in the trees, and one of those trees is 10' from the window. I replaced the window screen with (supposedly) pet-proof metal screen, so no worries about the kittens ripping it, though they've been using their claws on it, lol. Boy, they sure got excited when two doves landed on a nearby branch! I want them to get used to the idea of looking up at the trees & sky, since we have predators here in the form of raptors... the more "training" they receive, the greater their likelihood of survival when the time comes to venture outdoors. For now, we'll stick to observation of wild birds, lol... here are the three knucklehaids by the window, though Zorlac & Black Diamond have seen enough birds and they're ready to take a nap, lol. Little Z-Girl is still checking out the doves... ;)

IMG_8631.JPG

P.S. That lighthouse cookie jar belonged to me beloved & dear departed mum, a Navy wife who was BIG on lighthouses, lol. Nowadays, I simply use it for decor, and as a reminder of the mom I love & miss to this day. That master bathroom will be painted soon, I'll go with white paint directly over the wallpaper (or whatever that is). For those sharp-eyed folks here, yes, that's a wooden stir stick (for 5-gallon buckets of paint) which I'm currently using to prop up the inside window, this manufactured home has vertical sliders several inches apart rather than dual-pane windows, but the effect is the same (or darned close) when it comes to paying heating & cooling bills. :cool:

Last edited:
The kittens have discovered the joy of sitting at my bathroom window and watching the birds... doves this morning, there was a large flock in the trees, and one of those trees is 10' from the window. I replaced the window screen with (supposedly) pet-proof metal screen, so no worries about the kittens ripping it, though they've been using their claws on it, lol. Boy, they sure got excited when two doves landed on a nearby branch! I want them to get used to the idea of looking up at the trees & sky, since we have predators here in the form of raptors... the more "training" they receive, the greater their likelihood of survival when the time comes to venture outdoors. For now, we'll stick to observation of wild birds, lol... here are the three knucklehaids by the window, though Zorlac & Black Diamond have seen enough birds and they're ready to take a nap, lol. Little Z-Girl is still checking out the doves... ;)

View attachment 93508

P.S. That lighthouse cookie jar belonged to me beloved & dear departed mum, a Navy wife who was BIG on lighthouses, lol. Nowadays, I simply use it for decor, and as a reminder of the mom I love & miss to this day. That master bathroom will be painted soon, I'll go with white paint directly over the wallpaper (or whatever that is). For those sharp-eyed folks here, yes, that's a wooden stir stick (for 5-gallon buckets of paint) which I'm currently using to prop up the inside window, this manufactured home has vertical sliders several inches apart rather than dual-pane windows, but the effect is the same (or darned close) when it comes to paying heating & cooling bills. :cool:
I bet they are thinking " here he comes to take our picture again"! Tell them they have a fan club now!!😺

Yes, they are still trying to figure me out... good luck with that, lol. Meh, they're settling in nicely now, though they are destructive when they go off, so I have to monitor their activity and let them know when they're out of control. I reinforce good behavior, but the kittens 'stand tall before the man' when they f#% up, lol. :oops:

Several Chinese Walmart curtains are beyond hope now, the kittens have made them ugly, lol. Oh, well, next time I'll go with chain mail, aye? I don't think the "Chinese stainless steel" curtains (made from recycled beer cans) are gonna cut it, lol. Heavy-duty chain mail should do the trick, the blasted varmints will have a hard time wrecking that, aye? ;)

My 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee' hard at work after a fun-filled morning of yard work, Chinese Walmart curtain destruction, making yet another friggin' mess of my home, etc. :confused:

IMG_8842.JPG
IMG_8843.JPG
IMG_8844.JPG
IMG_8848.JPG
IMG_8852.JPG
IMG_8853.JPG

Hey, it's HARD WORK being a kitten here at Wingnut's home!!! That pesky goldurned Wingnut is a SLAVE DRIVER!!! :oops:

Edit: For those site members who don't understand what I mean by "Internet Rambo!!!" ;)

Internet Rambo!!!

Last edited:
My 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee' hard at work after a fun-filled morning of yard work, Chinese Walmart curtain destruction, making yet another friggin' mess of my home, etc. :confused:

View attachment 93979 View attachment 93980 View attachment 93981 View attachment 93982 View attachment 93983 View attachment 93984

Hey, it's HARD WORK being a kitten here at Wingnut's home!!! That pesky goldurned Wingnut is a SLAVE DRIVER!!! :oops:

Edit: For those site members who don't understand what I mean by "Internet Rambo!!!" ;)

Internet Rambo!!!
They are just too cute!!😺♥️

A few more shots taken not long afterward... they look like little enchiladas laid out on that old Mexican blanket, lol. :cool:

IMG_8864.JPG
IMG_8865.JPG
IMG_8866.JPG

Goofy kittens!!! Little Z-Girl has an odd coat, a brown-and-orange tabby mix... Zorlac looks a lot like Tiger, and little Black Diamond resembles Wingnut but doesn't have the white spots. Right now, the knucklehaids are tearing around the house as I drink some herbal tea... I gotta get out and water soon, and get my bike out of the shed. Should be fun to ride again, I've only been holding back due to the recalled front tire. Gonna stick to Dunlop this time, they're good tires. :rolleyes:

A few more shots taken not long afterward... they look like little enchiladas laid out on that old Mexican blanket, lol. :cool:

View attachment 94005 View attachment 94006 View attachment 94007

Goofy kittens!!! Little Z-Girl has an odd coat, a brown-and-orange tabby mix... Zorlac looks a lot like Tiger, and little Black Diamond resembles Wingnut but doesn't have the white spots. Right now, the knucklehaids are tearing around the house as I drink some herbal tea... I gotta get out and water soon, and get my bike out of the shed. Should be fun to ride again, I've only been holding back due to the recalled front tire. Gonna stick to Dunlop this time, they're good tires. :rolleyes:
They are so fortunate you adopted them together!! They are beautifully marked, glad you are letting us watch them grow!! We only put Dunlop's on our bike when we had it! Good road grabbing rubber!

Yes, Dunlop tires are my go-to brand, I only bought the Continental junk as a stopgap measure with all the supply chain issues. Good riddance to that garbage, guess I ate the cost on that one since the company failed to back their product. Meh, never again... and the Dunlop knobbies on my bike (front & rear) sure work well in the dirt. They're not bad on pavement either, they worked very well in the twisties on Friday. :cool:

Here are 'The Three Amigos' catching some window time at the north end of my home, that bay window overlooks a feeder & birdbath. There were 8 or 10 doves out there a minute ago, enjoying themselves as the kittens watched, lol. Little Z-Girl & Black Diamond are funny, they go into 'huntress mode' with the doves but some of the birds are bigger than they are, lol. Goofy little kittens! Now they're climbing all over the leather couch! :rolleyes:

IMG_9076.JPG

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

I'll have to add wooden sills to that bay window, I still have some wood & brackets left... but it's low priority, the painting has to be done first in the kitchen & bathrooms. Look at little Black Diamond in that last pic, she's such a funny little cat. I probably would've named her 'Midnight' if her shelter name 'Diamond' hadn't suggested Black Diamond climbing gear, lol. Zorlac is busy pulling maintenance on Z-Girl in the last shot... the knucklehaids! :)

Yes, Dunlop tires are my go-to brand, I only bought the Continental junk as a stopgap measure with all the supply chain issues. Good riddance to that garbage, guess I ate the cost on that one since the company failed to back their product. Meh, never again... and the Dunlop knobbies on my bike (front & rear) sure work well in the dirt. They're not bad on pavement either, they worked very well in the twisties on Friday. :cool:

Here are 'The Three Amigos' catching some window time at the north end of my home, that bay window overlooks a feeder & birdbath. There were 8 or 10 doves out there a minute ago, enjoying themselves as the kittens watched, lol. Little Z-Girl & Black Diamond are funny, they go into 'huntress mode' with the doves but some of the birds are bigger than they are, lol. Goofy little kittens! Now they're climbing all over the leather couch! :rolleyes:

View attachment 94558
View attachment 94559
View attachment 94560

I'll have to add wooden sills to that bay window, I still have some wood & brackets left... but it's low priority, the painting has to be done first in the kitchen & bathrooms. Look at little Black Diamond in that last pic, she's such a funny little cat. I probably would've named her 'Midnight' if her shelter name 'Diamond' hadn't suggested Black Diamond climbing gear, lol. Zorlac is busy pulling maintenance on Z-Girl in the last shot... the knucklehaids! :)
Wow they are growing!! Love that fluffy black tail! Thanks for sharing those pics!♥️😺

Yes, Black Diamond has a fluffy black tail... dunno why hers is so bushy when the others are "normal." :dunno:

Here 'The Three Amigos' stand guard by the cat door, lol... they've already learned how to use the door, which helps get them outside to explore the front yard and burn off some energy. There's enough cover out there for the kittens, and the tall trees nearby help block raptors, though I'm keeping an eye on the kittens. As long as they're under the bushes, they'll be fine, but I don't really want 'em in the open areas yet. The sooner they get used to the idea of going outside to play, the less of a beating my home will take, lol. Anyway, they're all healthy & happy, and Crackhead was just in here messing with 'em, so maybe he's finally coming round, the knucklehaid! They're just kittens, they can't hurt him... the big scaredy-cat. :cool:

IMG_9087.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG

Yes, Black Diamond has a fluffy black tail... dunno why hers is so bushy when the others are "normal." :dunno:

Here 'The Three Amigos' stand guard by the cat door, lol... they've already learned how to use the door, which helps get them outside to explore the front yard and burn off some energy. There's enough cover out there for the kittens, and the tall trees nearby help block raptors, though I'm keeping an eye on the kittens. As long as they're under the bushes, they'll be fine, but I don't really want 'em in the open areas yet. The sooner they get used to the idea of going outside to play, the less of a beating my home will take, lol. Anyway, they're all healthy & happy, and Crackhead was just in here messing with 'em, so maybe he's finally coming round, the knucklehaid! They're just kittens, they can't hurt him... the big scaredy-cat. :cool:

View attachment 94663
View attachment 94664
Hopefully Crackhead figured out they are not going anywhere!!😊

I actually took this photo yesterday and forgot to post it, but it makes a nice Sunday morning picture, lol... :)

IMG_9335.JPG

Camera angle is funny, it makes little Z-Girl look like the largest of the trio, when she's actually the smallest, lol. Zorlac (at upper left) is the largest, and Black Diamond is in the middle, size-wise... but little 'Z' can still dream, lol. ;)

Just checked on the kittens outside, they're playing in the "weed patch" on the west side of my home... I deliberately left this area of tall weeds untouched because the kittens love playing in the weeds, and it teaches them valuable skills like stalking, hiding under cover, etc. Plus it's fun to watch the knucklehaids as they do all this, they are comical. Seeing that ugly cinderblock out by the water spigot reminds me: I want to put down some flagstones around that spigot, I have a short stack of nice natural flagstone pavers out front (east side), and I wanna divvy 'em up and place 'em around the two spigots in the yard. Meh, maybe a task for later this week... I suppose the previous residents placed the cinderblock by the spigot to protect it, or as a reminder of a trip hazard, but I'll go ahead and put those flagstone pavers to good use, they've been sitting out front for months now, lol. Low-priority home rehab task, you understand. Here are the kittens in the "weed patch"---that west side is mostly gravel, but that doesn't stop the goldurned weeds from sprouting. :confused:

IMG_9377.JPG

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9379.JPG

IMG_9378.JPG

Goofy cats!!! BTW, that's a smaller pile of pulled weeds art upper left, those will soon be burned or tossed in the trash bin, so they'll be gone. The grass clumps beyond the hose & spigot were left in place because Crackhead likes to chew on the grass. They'll be gone when Old Man Winter arrives... :rolleyes:

Nothing like a bowl of milk for strong healthy growing bones... these kittens are hyperactive, and I want them to grow strong bones, so I occasionally give 'em a little milk. I give 'em other stuff too, all my cats share some human food if they show any interest in it... I'll rig a small plate for 'em on the side. My cat Sage (RIP) used to eat Yoplait Yogurt and Cap'n Crunch cereal, lol... not together, but separately, the cereal in milk to soften it up. He was a goofy cat... but one of the best I ever had. Anyway, here are 'The Three Amigos' sharing their bowl of milk:

IMG_9409.JPG

Look at those cat tails! Makes me wanna don my heaviest boots and dance a polka round the varmints, lol. :oops:

Nothing like a bowl of milk for strong healthy growing bones... these kittens are hyperactive, and I want them to grow strong bones, so I occasionally give 'em a little milk. I give 'em other stuff too, all my cats share some human food if they show any interest in it... I'll rig a small plate for 'em on the side. My cat Sage (RIP) used to eat Yoplait Yogurt and Cap'n Crunch cereal, lol... not together, but separately, the cereal in milk to soften it up. He was a goofy cat... but one of the best I ever had. Anyway, here are 'The Three Amigos' sharing their bowl of milk:

View attachment 95003

Look at those cat tails! Makes me wanna don my heaviest boots and dance a polka round the varmints, lol. :oops:
Look at those nice shiney coats!! 😊

Yes, I like my cats & kittens to be healthy, and their coats reflect this mission of mine... little Black Diamond has the softest fur, and she smells good too, lol. All three kittens sleep next to me at times, which is probably why Crackhead is still jealous... but I'm hoping that feeling passes and Crackhead joins me once again at night. Tiger likes sleeping on his own in the north bedroom, he has a comfortable blanket atop a wooden chest or bureau in that room. When Crackhead used to sleep on my bed, Tiger would sometimes join us, but Tiger was feral as a youngster so he has always been a bit spooky or skittish around humans. Meh, it's okay with me if he wants to sleep alone... cue the Greta Garbo line!!! ;)

"I VANT TO BE ALONE!!!" :oops:

Tiger is such a magnificent specimen of a cat, I don't try to force him to do anything... I just let him be himself, and he's friendly enough at times, so no worries. Of course, he's friendliest when I'm about to open a can of cat food, lol... but that's okay too, he has a place here just like the others, and we're all one big happy family! Or will be... I hope, lol. :confused:

First tree climb for the kittens! I wanted to catch a photo of all three in this pine tree, but I couldn't get the camera in time... however, little Z-Girl was still stuck halfway up the tree, she was all the way at the top earlier, where I did NOT want her to go, as she could get picked off by a hawk if one happened to be around. Thankfully, no sign of raptors above, I just get a little concerned for the kittens' safety at their age. But Z-Girl worked her way back down, getting a bit "gripped" in the process, as you can tell from her facial expressions. Here's the little varmint in the pine tree:

IMG_9429.JPG

IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG

And here's that fluffy-tailed Black Diamond on the gravel below the tree, she's a real sweetheart, lol:

IMG_9432.JPG

First tree climb for the kittens! I wanted to catch a photo of all three in this pine tree, but I couldn't get the camera in time... however, little Z-Girl was still stuck halfway up the tree, she was all the way at the top earlier, where I did NOT want her to go, as she could get picked off by a hawk if one happened to be around. Thankfully, no sign of raptors above, I just get a little concerned for the kittens' safety at their age. But Z-Girl worked her way back down, getting a bit "gripped" in the process, as you can tell from her facial expressions. Here's the little varmint in the pine tree:

View attachment 95181
View attachment 95182
View attachment 95183

And here's that fluffy-tailed Black Diamond on the gravel below the tree, she's a real sweetheart, lol:

View attachment 95184
😃What a tail!!!

Yes, little Black Diamond reminds me of a 'country kitty' (i.e. skunk) with that bushy black tail... maybe I should bleach stripes into it for full effect, lol. ;)

I was just outside with all the cats, Tiger & Crackhead were both watching over the kittens, which is a good sign. All three kittens climbed the juniper (or cypress) tree at one corner of the dual metal carport, then made their way atop the carport, which I do NOT want them to do... they'll be easy hawk bait if they hang out up there, so I coaxed 'em down and now they're back in our home. That little Z-Girl got all "gripped" and had a hard time making it back down... for a kitten her size, the view from atop the carport must be like standing atop 'The Visor' of Half Dome in Yosemite, looking WAAAAAAAAY DOWN at all the Oriental tourists on the valley floor, lol. :oops:

Last edited:
Here they assume a linear formation... linear for cats, that is, lol. :oops:

IMG_9589.JPG

Hey, look, their bodies make a letter 'S' from end to end, lol... we're "low maintenance" here, doesn't take much to make us happy! I reckon it's about time for that cold one I mentioned elsewhere... Cheers!!! 🍺

See how you are? I can't even go watch a movie in peace without feeling the need to respond, lol... :confused:

I think I may be addicted to this website, and THAT is NOT something that happens very often to me, lol. ;)

But get this: I called the shelter today to see about adopting the other two littermates! 5 cats are NOT enough, lol... :oops:

P.S. I will seek 'treatment' for my "H&CL addiction" pronto... oh, WAIT, I'm an unrepentant sinner, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 🤪

Latest posts

Back