We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me? I'm working up to appreciating classical. I do however have the sound system for it. I'm into older/classic stereo systems that produce really good quality sound.
Any of us 'oldies' can help you wade in.
It's important not to start with longer pieces or you will be quickly turned off :(.
It's like learning to swim, you start in the shallow end, and gradually work your way into deeper water.
To enjoy the hour-long pieces, sometimes you need to do this:):
Hammock-Universe-Blog-Featured-Image-Creating-the-Perfect-Hammock-Playlist-for-Your-Next-Relaxation-Session_900x.jpg

Here's one I've always liked:

There's plenty of versions around, I like the original best... but this sounds good. I like to post music videos with good quality sound, sometimes it's a challenge finding them. And... right now I don't have my computer hooked-up to a sound system. That will be changing soon.

I love almost all music that doesn't have vocals.
Different parts of my brain process music, and another part, words.
I can listen to either one, but not both.

A rare exception😍:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/love-my-christmas-music.7506/post-415808
I can relate to that. The Roger Waters tune I just posted.... I'd like it better without the vocals. I mean I know the vocals well enough to get the meaning of the song, and sometimes I just want to hear the instruments.

@Senedra will like that.

Me? I'm working up to appreciating classical. I do however have the sound system for it. I'm into older/classic stereo systems that produce really good quality sound.
I will try to put up sounds that might appeal to the beginner. Listen to the 2Cello music that I post. It's not exactly classical but it is moving that direction. Cello - you know- a classical instrument.

@Senedra, I love classical, My Music teacher was a Symphony Concert first chair Cellist I used to go and watch the intricate weaving of a masterpiece and wonder how a person could feel all of these meetings of so many different tones, so many different tempos, and the entire envelope that is the actual background note of all these interactions into a complete work of art.

@Senedra, I love classical, My Music teacher was a Symphony Concert first chair Cellist I used to go and watch the intricate weaving of a masterpiece and wonder how a person could feel all of these meetings of so many different tones, so many different tempos, and the entire envelope that is the actual background note of all these interactions into a complete work of art.
It is a great experience to be in a musical ensemble and be part of the interwoven parts of the music. I love that feeling. My brother is a bassoonist and is first chair in the Houston Symphony (now it is only for their summer musicals). He is a master musician. There is also a very amazing feeling of playing a miked instrument. Piano is the only instrument I have had that experience with and it was awesome. I can't listen to an orchestra or a choir without, for a moment, becoming one with whatever instrument is playing the melody or the solo or some interesting counterpart.

@Senedra It is amazing to be with any part of a show. When Sonny does a show it is amazing to see the changeovers, the different acts coming to stage and transforming the mood as they open with their first songs.

A hard based act brings excitement and action then maybe a soft romantic singer comes and the crowd gets closer and hands lock people kiss and even cry if the singer is good enough finally comes the Cowboy and the dancing starts and the H**l Yeahs come out. HEHEHEHEH.

Heres a little Chase Mathews He is a regular at a lot of shows This video is GOOD Strong women taking care of business👍

Latest posts

Back