Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have a shelter down the hall. 3 walls are cinderblock poured with concrete, it's ceiling is 2x10's. I'm safe here. But a great many homes don't have storm shelters, especially older homes, subdivisions, mobile homes... a target rich environment.

Here is bama the feds came to rural communities and built "community shelters" about 2010. They hold 20 people or so, the only shelter many people have.

For peace of mind alone I highly recommend you build one, lots of plans on how it can be done for less than $2K.

Yes, I have a shelter down the hall. 3 walls are cinderblock poured with concrete, it's ceiling is 2x10's. I'm safe here. But a great many homes don't have storm shelters, especially older homes, subdivisions, mobile homes... a target rich environment.

Here is bama the feds came to rural communities and built "community shelters" about 2010. They hold 20 people or so, the only shelter many people have.

For peace of mind alone I highly recommend you build one, lots of plans on how it can be done for less than $2K.
That's the price we pay here in the south for our warm winter weather.
On topic: Current temp for us: 79.5°F, even with no sun:oops:. Nice!:thumbs:
Mobile home parks just seem to be a magnet for the 'spinny-things'. :confused:
Those folks need a hole to crawl in!
Edit: P.S. it's also a fallout shelter. :D

Last edited:
Minus 39º wind chill
1641825652591.png

Bring inside.png

Right now low 40's and cloudy.
Friday low 40's partly sunny
Saturday mid 20's and sunny
Sunday low 30's sunny then cloudy then SNOW
Right now "they" are saying we could be in a bull's eye 8-12 inches
But they're not sure, so they're gonna keep watching it :rolleyes: (then why say it at all)

I shop on friday mornings anyway, so hopefully I can get all that I need tomorrow morning
Once thats done then I don't have to go anywhere for days. Neither does the hubby.
He might plow the lane but then again he might not ;)
Somebody else needs to step up and get it done

Last edited:
Sunday low 30's sunny then cloudy then SNOW
Right now "they" are saying we could be in a bull's eye 8-12 inches
But they're not sure, so they're gonna keep watching it :rolleyes: (then why say it at all)
done
In SW PA we will be getting similar. I haven't heard any numbers only "heavy snow".

Ben

Now they're saying 5-11 inches, 1/4 inch of ice and 40mph winds

It'll change today some time and then it'll change again tomorrow morning and so on and so on and so on........ :rolleyes:

Its so silly. I mean everything shuts down when it snows only 1 inch so adding more is nothing. It'll just take a little longer to shovel out

The hype is so dumb. And getting people into a frenzy is irresponsible IMO

It was relatively mild today; temps in the 40's and sunny. We are under a Winter Weather advisory and expected to get 3"-5" between tonight and tomorrow. We don't have any plans, so I really don't care. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. I have gotten much more cavalier and accepting when I don't have to drive in it or shovel the driveway.

9pm tonight until 6pm Saturday. Gusts behind the cold front up to 55 mph, staying in the 30"s tomorrow!😯
You ain't sendin' that crap to us, areya'? gaah
We've had beautiful weather the past week.

Cold front is coming through right now! Yep, coming your way!! I can't help but share😁!
The reaction wasn't aimed at you but the weather.
Yeah, we gotta wrap plants tomorrow. :confused:
My joints were telling me this morning to check the forecast.
They are almost never wrong.

I may have special ordered it for you😁😉
Thank you so much! You shouldn't have!:huggs:
If I could just take my arms off for 2 days, I'd be just fine :thumbs:
On topic: We are definitely going to get the winds too.

Latest posts

Back