Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got ready for the 4 inches or more of rain we are supposed to get yesterday. Got the barn all ready to put all the animals in. It's supposed to rain for 3 days

Ok, and here I am going to say something bad: the photo of the damaged houses in Florida: if you live that close to the ocean you are a: most likely really well off, and b: have massive amounts of insurance. As long as it is just buildings you should expect it in Florida and be prepared for it. We lived in Orlando during hurricane Charley ( and others) and the eye went right over us with 120+ mph wind. We only had minor damage since our house was built in a way that keeps storms from ripping the roof off. The tree in the backyard that fell went the other direction but our neighborhood and others had a huge amount of damage and it was a miserable 2-3 weeks without power. That's when I decided I really hated Florida even more than I already did at the time

We are starting to get some clouds from Ian rolling over the mountains. Just it time for sunset.

Attachments

• 20220930_192943.jpg
    20220930_192943.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220930_192953.jpg
    20220930_192953.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220930_192343.jpg
    20220930_192343.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Ian blew past, off shore as a Cat 1, and took all the moisture with him.
Yesterday was dark and dreary, today is bright blue skies without even one cloud.
Temp is in the mid-70's.

Beautiful morning here (again), but after yesterday's weather trickery I'm not sure if clouds will roll in later... gotta check the forecast. Otherwise, a fine morning for watering the trees & puttering around the yard. :cool:

Edit: Just checked the NOAA Weather forecast, and we have variable chances of rain this week... I guess the monsoon isn't quite over yet. Odds of rain range from 10% to 50% this week, mostly in the afternoon or evening. :rolleyes:

We have been tying "Record Highs" for the last two weeks. In the low 60's to upper 50's. Looks like next week it will cool off. Been quite nice fall weather the last two weeks.

1664889761220.png

Last edited:
Well, we've gotten almost 2" of rain here in the past 12 hours or so. Half my driveway was under water when I left this morning. Good for the well at least. 😆

Latest posts

Back