Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up to -4. It has warmed up. It is now -1. It is supposed to get up to around 20 degrees today.

My relatives in South Dakota are having a real Arctic blast. Like Minnesota, they are getting hit hard with snow. Cousin got stuck in the snow 3 times going home from work yesterday. She said it was knee deep. They were -16! It is great that she has today and tomorrow off work!

Last night, 78 degrees on my porch at midnight. Upper 80's today.
Woke up to 74° this morning, my kind of winter :thumbs: .
We may see sunshine today... for the first time in 7 days.:oops:
It's a good thing we don't rely on solar, we would be SOL by now:rolleyes:.

Nice today, now that the wind has died down... gotta do laundry and water today, those are top priorities, as the rain we were supposed to get the other day never really materialized. We had a few drops, but nowhere near enough to keep the trees happy, so I'll spend some time in the yard today... not a bad thing, yard time is some of the best time I have around here, which is a sad reflection upon my social life, lol. Oh, well, my cats still love me... as long as I keep 'em fed, lol. 😒

P.S. Possible riding day manana, gotta check the forecast again... I've been "jonesing" for a cycle ride like a heroin addict waiting for his next fix. 😳

1677249026732.png

We had snow this morning. Most of the ice chunks floating at the head of the bay have a coating of snow. I expect more ice and snow tonight and tomorrow. We have a potential for up to a foot of the white stuff total.

45 degrees, sitting inside watching the second snow of the year melt away. Wonderful to even see snow as it replenishes our spring for the coming summer which got pretty low last year and was getting a bit spooky for having enough snow for water this year, last year we had no snow.

Just took the wife to the airport. I'm surprised that the plane landed. On the way home it was like a blizzard. Once I ran out of streetlights it was like the start of Star Wars with my headlights lighting up all the stars and traveling at about warp two.

Well, it ain't Spring, and the weather doesn't resemble spring either (dammit). Predicted below 0 degrees F tonight. Phooey. Winter storm coming Monday. Phooey. Ran the snowblower yesterday, will again Monday or Tuesday. Phooey.
Phooey.
Only got down to 2 above. You see? Bitchin' does help.

Cloudy but relatively warm... might be a good day to do some yard work, I've been meaning to place some flagstone pavers around the two outside spigots. I broke down and bought a wheelbarrow a few weeks ago to make the job easier, since the two short stacks of flagstone pavers are on the opposite side of the house. Meh, we'll see, I gotta post that ad in the library first, I want folks to see that this weekend. Otherwise, no big plans... might water the trees later, they could use some more water, lately there hasn't been much in the way of rain here. I'd like to see Noah's Flood, but it probably isn't gonna happen, lol... still, one can dream! :rolleyes:

Cloudy but relatively warm... might be a good day to do some yard work, I've been meaning to place some flagstone pavers around the two outside spigots. I broke down and bought a wheelbarrow a few weeks ago to make the job easier, since the two short stacks of flagstone pavers are on the opposite side of the house. Meh, we'll see, I gotta post that ad in the library first, I want folks to see that this weekend. Otherwise, no big plans... might water the trees later, they could use some more water, lately there hasn't been much in the way of rain here. I'd like to see Noah's Flood, but it probably isn't gonna happen, lol... still, one can dream! :rolleyes:
You send that warm weather here right now, I'm freezing!!😃🌞

Now the sun is shining... weird weather here today. Meh, good thing I'm chillaxing at the ol' hacienda... about to crack my first beer, I've been busy at the other website where I hang out, lol. You've heard that expression? "Once a Marine, always a Marine..." Well, I was in the Infantry, but once a trucker, always a trucker, lol... I still drive like one, even in my Camry, aye? Meh, keeps me out of trouble... which reminds me, I never did finish my 'Road Safety' thread, lol. I'll have to do that sometime in the near future... right now, grabbing that first cold beer is top priority. ;)

Windy here, but it's a warm wind from the south... funny how the south wind was freezing cold just a week ago. Meh, maybe this heralds spring, this warm breeze, it sure feels like it. Not a good day for riding, that's for sure. Seems like we've had a lot of wind here lately, but at least this wind is warm and not freezing cold, lol. :rolleyes:

Back