Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pearl I can always say thanks for the heads up, cuz I thought we were in the clear for having some warm weather again. I got 50° over here. It was actually still nice out around 7. Hit 68 here today. Seriously, yall, Pearl and I live close enough to one another that there shouldn't be much of a difference in temperatures and forecasts.
But I'm just that little bit further west, away from town and in a valley surrounded by creeks! Microclimates! But I can always give Patch the heads up on what's coming her way!!😃

weird weather here ,it either warm or sub zero . I think the animals are telling us something.
I live in deer hunting country
. Usually I see at least a dozen deer every night , haven't seen one deer this winter , crows are gone no birds .
Only thing I've seen this winter is one rabbit and one red squirrel and I've been here for 73yrs.

weird weather here ,it either warm or sub zero . I think the animals are telling us something.
I live in deer hunting country
. Usually I see at least a dozen deer every night , haven't seen one deer this winter , crows are gone no birds .
Only thing I've seen this winter is one rabbit and one red squirrel and I've been here for 73yrs.
ALL the deer are at my house!!🙄

Windy and cold here, more rain & possible snow on the way for tonight & tomorrow morning... good day to remain indoors with the cats. The cat doors are unlocked and the cats have been outside, but they came in pronto after feeling the chilly wind. Seems odd that such cold air is blowing from the SSW... in this hemisphere, a north wind is usually cold in winter, but this BS is ridiculous. Maybe that dink balloon was sent because they're messing with the weather and they wanna check the results, pffffffft. Anyway, I'll be kickin' it indoors today, since it ain't Tahiti out there... :oops:

Worked on rain totals... January was a little dry. This month I've had 8.5 inches.

Last night's storm line stalled about 30min away, then fell apart. Misting rain today, warm, almost 70degrees. Storms tomorrow, possible tornados, more rain.

We had tornadoes this winter but tomorrow's storms will be the first from a true spring weather pattern, always dangerous.

Warm on Monday, cooler yesterday (Tuesday) and windy. Some of the wind gusts were blinding. Snow overnight and off and on all day today.

Current predicted snow totals are 3 to 8 inches, temps are to dip down in the single digits. Guess what, we still have some ice at one of the dog parks, which started as snow and then got packed down. Much of it has melted, but there is more to go.

Maybe the mountains are to get more snow than the Front Range. Client told me last week that he heard anywhere between 5 and 20 inches. I saw some dogs yesterday in anticipation of this storm, but I do have the Aussie Shepherd that I see every afternoon, Monday to Friday. We are playing today by ear. She has to go out to do her business, and she is easier to be around when she gets some exercise.

They are cranking up in OK and Tx right now! Hopefully they miss me and Patch!
I haven't been paying attention and had forgotten we were supposed to get something, rain at least. Just more wind. Last forecast I saw this afternoon was it'd be outta this area by 9, and heading out of Texas around midnight. That's some fast moving storminess.

I haven't been paying attention and had forgotten we were supposed to get something, rain at least. Just more wind. Last forecast I saw this afternoon was it'd be outta this area by 9, and heading out of Texas around midnight. That's some fast moving storminess.
It missed us thankfully!! Pretty crazy weather a lot of places!

1676563092747.png

*Thunderstorms across Alabama this afternoon and tonight will be capable of producing large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes. The higher tornado probabilities are across much of West and Central Alabama, where SPC has defined a hatched area, meaning a strong tornado is possible (EF-2 or higher). This area includes places like Muscle Shoals, Huntsville, Cullman, Fayette, Jasper, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Demopolis, Selma, and Thomasville.

The party kicks off in a couple hours, at noon. My current temp is 71 with heavy clouds. Went out this morning making sure objects around the farm are secure. About to test run the generator...

I'm ready but these storms could be nasty... humidity is high this morning, 80%. Dew point is something I always watch, currently 61 degrees. At 64 degrees I get nervous... tornado weather. Monster tornadoes are born when/if the dp gets to 68 degrees.

I'm in the high risk zone set by the NWS, fingers crossed it's not to bad. It'll move to east alabama/Georgia by 6-7pm and I'll be in the clear.

*Thunderstorms across Alabama this afternoon and tonight will be capable of producing large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes. The higher tornado probabilities are across much of West and Central Alabama, where SPC has defined a hatched area, meaning a strong tornado is possible (EF-2 or higher). This area includes places like Muscle Shoals, Huntsville, Cullman, Fayette, Jasper, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Demopolis, Selma, and Thomasville.

The party kicks off in a couple hours, at noon. My current temp is 71 with heavy clouds. Went out this morning making sure objects around the farm are secure. About to test run the generator...

I'm ready but these storms could be nasty... humidity is high this morning, 80%. Dew point is something I always watch, currently 61 degrees. At 64 degrees I get nervous... tornado weather. Monster tornadoes are born when/if the dp gets to 68 degrees.

I'm in the high risk zone set by the NWS, fingers crossed it's not to bad. It'll move to east alabama/Georgia by 6-7pm and I'll be in the clear.
It got to 77° here yesterday, but things developed to our north and east thankfully!! It's COLD today, but not Cabin Fever cold😉!

I woke up to 7 degrees this morning. It is currently 19 degrees according to my computer, and 23 according to my phone, with a predicted high of 34 degrees. I haven't seen the snow totals from yesterday yet, but it looks like around 2 inches. It was a light snow off and on yesterday.

Thunderstorms across Alabama this afternoon and tonight will be capable of producing large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes. The higher tornado probabilities are across much of West and Central Alabama, where SPC has defined a hatched area, meaning a strong tornado is possible (EF-2 or higher). This area includes places like Muscle Shoals, Huntsville, Cullman, Fayette, Jasper, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Demopolis, Selma, and Thomasville.

I think Bama and GA are going to have another party today.
We been 'test driving' it before shipping it to them. :thumbs:
The good news: tons of rain, but no fierce winds🙂.
Our little test drive yielded .93" in 3 hours.:oops:
weather-radar-image.jpg

Latest posts

Back